oldbuickparts.com

Rock10

18 minutes ago, NC-car-guy said:

I've never had an issue. I think when you order online there's a separate box for putting your email in to receive shipping updates.

I'll check that. It's been 2 weeks. Is that normal?

I sent two front shocks from my 38 buick for rebuilding, paid up front, they called to tell me one was not rebuildable, the other one was.  This was in September, after a few calls, I am still waiting for the one shock that was rebuildable, a refund or an answer from CARS. I now try not to  buy from them.  I am using other sources,  because of this shock incident, they have lost some bigger orders from me.  I also ordered front interior kick panels for my 56 buick and the ones they sent did not resemble the ones in their picture, had to send them back.

4 hours ago, Rock10 said:

We heard from them yesterday.

They where waiting for one part to ship the whole order, so we asked them the ship what they had. Should have them in a few days.

I had the same experience with a set of brakes.  They don't bother to notify you when some of your order is on back order to them. 

Not the best customer service in my opinion.

Edited by Mark Shaw (see edit history)
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Mark Shaw said:

I had the same experience with a set of brakes.  They don't bother to notify you when some of your order is on back order to them. 

Not the best customer service in my opinion.

If that's the only problem, I can live with it. :)

• 7 months later...

I ordered nearly $4000US worth of parts to be sent to Australia.  Did this in early August and numerous emails and a phone call later I still have no parts and don't even know if they have been sent.   Won't return my emails.  Does anybody live in the vicinity of Neshanic Station that is going to CARS anytime soon?  

On 4/16/2021 at 1:25 PM, Rock10 said:

I'll check that. It's been 2 weeks. Is that normal?

Two weeks is long, I get my stuff in 2 days from them. I always call ahead and make sure they have the parts in stock before I place my order. I'm surprised they don't pick up the phone for you, I just talked with them yesterday.

• Thanks 1

I think they're short staffed and struggling to keep up, like many businesses. Best to give them a call. We ordered a few parts and three weeks later had not received them. We called and they said, "Oh, yes, those are going out today!" Obviously they forgot or lost the order and the reminder phone call got them going. I didn't press them on it, we both knew what was going on, and eventually I got my parts. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, George Bitcon said:

I ordered nearly $4000US worth of parts to be sent to Australia.  Did this in early August and numerous emails and a phone call later I still have no parts and don't even know if they have been sent.   Won't return my emails.  Does anybody live in the vicinity of Neshanic Station that is going to CARS anytime soon?  

Shipping and even postal mail from USA to AU is very slow/delayed at this time.

Worth a phone call to them to determine if they have shipped out

Have you paid? Credit card?  Could dispute the charge if it goes really bad.

46 minutes ago, Matt Harwood said:

I think they're short staffed and struggling to keep up, like many businesses. Best to give them a call. We ordered a few parts and three weeks later had not received them. We called and they said, "Oh, yes, those are going out today!" Obviously they forgot or lost the order and the reminder phone call got them going. I didn't press them on it, we both knew what was going on, and eventually I got my parts. 

Funny, they said the same thing to me 6 weeks ago - back order part had just arrived!  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 1939_Buick said:

Shipping and even postal mail from USA to AU is very slow/delayed at this time.

Worth a phone call to them to determine if they have shipped out

Have you paid? Credit card?  Could dispute the charge if it goes really bad.

I get that there are delays at the moment, Aust. Post never stops telling us.  Problem is I have paid (bank transfer - it was 5% off) and I can't seem to get them to answer the phone....

Ordered parts and received parts from CARS, Inc. for over twenty (20) years with almost no problems or issues.  I had one (1) problem a few years ago regarding a front rubber floor mat; the item was returned with a return label created and sent from CARS to be returned and I was refunded.  Recently, over the past several months, most American small businesses and shipping companies are having labor and staffing issues.  My mother always said to me, 'all good things come to those that wait.'

I just sent some parts to Australia at a discounted price through FedEx, but it was still very expensive in my world of pricing. It was a 25 pound package of cast iron parts.  Bad news that is was expensive, but the good news is that it arrived about 5 days after being shipped. 

I had heard about USPS/ Australia Post about packages not getting through so choked and sent FedEx.  Service was good.

• Like 2

"Slow" may not be the word for some of the U.S.P.S. service, guys. I was going to ship a small package via U.S.P.S. to a BUICK guy in Australia a couple of days ago. I couldn't get the U.S.P.S. website to show me any pricing other than Express Mail (which cost was out of sight). Thought I was screwing something up, so I checked at our local P.O. The folks there informed that on September 3, 2021, the U.S.P.S. suspended most overseas deliveries to 21 specific countries, including Australia and New Zealand. They will only accept Express Mail packages, and thin letter envelopes for delivery.....none of the other, cheaper package services are available.  While the suspension was termed "temporary", there's no date for resumption of full U.S.P.S. service to these countries known. John

• Like 2

Well I guess I need to change my story. I  ordered A few things about a week ago and they and they still haven't processed it let alone ship it. I called them and they said they're buried because of lack of help and they're behind on 400 orders. Now I wished I hadn't taken out my windshield as I need a new rubber seal hopefully it comes soon.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jolly_John said:

"Slow" may not be the word for some of the U.S.P.S. service, guys. I was going to ship a small package via U.S.P.S. to a BUICK guy in Australia a couple of days ago. I couldn't get the U.S.P.S. website to show me 

Ditto Jolly John’s comments.  My wife runs an online business.  Ships every day. The USPS will only ship via the expensive Priority service overseas.  Arm and a Leg. 

And, they ‘temporary’ raised those rates for the Holidays. 

So out of the blue my parts show up, I have an account and I've been watching the website and it still shows pending, I was supposed to get a notification and tracking information but it never happened, got my windshield seal and center post which is all good but my rubber grommets for the back bumper are wrong, oh well I will be calling them tomorrow.

• Like 1

Not having fun with Buickparts.com they sent me the wrong parts and there customer service really stinks, I have to pay shipping back even though they sent me the wrong parts, hopefully they don't whack me for a restocking fee also, I'm not happy. Bob's here I come.

• Like 1

I just received the order I placed a couple of weeks ago (some wheel bolts).  Everything came as ordered, though took a little longer than previously.  That seems to confirm they're swamped with orders to fill...  FWIW, I have ordered from them probably 4 or 5 times over the last couple of years with no issues, so hopefully the current situation is temporary.