AACA Magazine

John S.

My AACA magazine for March/April arrived today, and, as always, it is a great issue! The magazine features a story on Ted Brito's 1932 Oldsmobile Series F Six Deluxe Convertible Roadster. Ted wrote a wonderful article about his buying and the restoration on the Olds. This is one beautiful car! The photos by West Peterson really capture the car's grace and style. Congratulations to Ted and Michele on The '32. The awards are well deserved. John

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

It’s no mystery........."I know exactly what it is now, after countless hours of research. Don’t despair, it will be south in the next few months.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, padgett said:

March/April 21 arrived today.

Here is to November/December and January/February arriving soon.............March/April????????? Not even on my horizon!

• Like 2

I’m telling you Ed’s magazines are blocked until he shows us and tells us about the other car only he knows about. He teased us with it months ago, now it’s our turn to tease him with what’s in the magazines. 
LoL

dave s 

• Haha 1

On 3/13/2021 at 8:14 PM, John S. said:

The magazine features a story on Ted Brito's 1932 Oldsmobile Series F Six Deluxe Convertible Roadster. Ted wrote a wonderful article about his buying and the restoration on the Olds. This is one beautiful car!

Just received mine in the mail today...As John mentions, great article and picture layout..... Congrats Ted !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, edinmass said:

Here is to November/December and January/February arriving soon.............March/April????????? Not even on my horizon!

Quit bellyaching, I hand printed two new magazines, and colored with crayons and shipping them off to you already.  Unless your post office is hiding them on you they will be there by the end of the week...even took them to the post office myself.  Now you owe me two lunches! :) 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Read very carefully , one can only surmise correctly that after the lunches what Steve would experience, would be what he already stated in the second word in his first sentence "bellyaching".  🥺

• Haha 2

If Ed’s buying........Subway for lunch. (Only the five dollar meal deal please!) If Steve’s buying the Seafood Bar at The Breakers down here is adequate.......as long as he has plenty of credit on his American Express.........stone crab is about 350 a person for lunch this week. A good bottle of wine starts at 1200 bucks. My guess is, I’ll be drinking tap water!

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, padgett said:

"$15 diet Pepsi!" sound like the Breakers.

It’s mostly ice.......after eating the 350 dollar stone crabs, you will want to go to Pizza Hut......cuz your still hungry!

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Used to be a place on Tilghman Island a few miles from Easton that they would just dump a bushel of crabs in the middle and we would have at it. Must admit I have a taste for Durkee Sauce now.

• Like 1

I’m up here in New England and live the next town over for the number one fishing port in the US, New Bedford. I get huge rock crabs for $2.50 each and we cook up a bunch ina big pot. You get filled up! Those blue and sand crabs don’t even fill up a cavity.😂

17 minutes ago, Walt G said:

And isn't our AACA CEO such a polite gentleman to not mention the spare tires many carry around with them because of the "eating club"  referred to 🙄

When I was younger I didn’t refer to it as a spare tire, I called it an extended fuel tank for a sex machine! ( hope I can post this without creating a problem for myself)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Restorer32 said:

In college we would nibble on rat feed in the psychology lab. Nice smoky flavor but a bit hard on the teeth. Perfectly safe for human consumption and probably healthier than our usual diet of pizza and beer.

"Gnaw"...tell me it ain't so, Jeff.  Did you have any 4-legged college friends named Ben?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/17/2021 at 10:26 PM, chistech said:

I’m up here in New England and live the next town over for the number one fishing port in the US, New Bedford. I get huge rock crabs for $2.50 each and we cook up a bunch ina big pot. You get filled up! Those blue and sand crabs don’t even fill up a cavity.😂

It's too bad that Ted apparently hasn't had the opportunity to really feast on Chesapeake blue crabs, the big, fat ones!  I'd join padgett and TAKerry at a picnic table covered with brown paper, a big pitcher of beer, and a mountain of blue crabs steamed in Old Bay Seasoning.  We'd invite Ted to join us to get him converted and happily full.

P.S.  I live only 5-10 miles from Ted, so I may have to invite him to my house for crabs.  I've had my shots, Ted!

crabs.jpg.c3eafb1369ce5f81d93b2326ed481d44.jpg

Edited by Gary_Ash (see edit history)
  • Like 3

On 3/17/2021 at 3:07 PM, Steve Moskowitz said:

Ed, very disappointed in you.  You can't take it with you and to treat your friends to a decent meal would be the least you could do.  You won't have to buy any wine for me but I will take the $15 diet Pepsi!

... and an desert-accompanied Benedictine & Brandy would be a  nice touch

By the way, our Magazine came late Wednesday evening 😎

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)

6 minutes ago, Gary_Ash said:

It's too bad that Ted apparently hasn't had the opportunity to really feast on Chesapeake blue crabs, the big, fat ones!  I'd join padgett and TAKerry at a picnic table covered with brown paper, a big pitcher of beer, and a mountain of blue crabs steamed in Old Bay Seasoning.  We'd invite Ted to join us to get him converted and happily full.

P.S.  I live only 5-10 miles from Ted, so I may have to invite him to my house for crabs.  I've had my shots, Ted!

crabs.jpg.c3eafb1369ce5f81d93b2326ed481d44.jpg

Gary, just say the word and Im there. 

Theres a nice little museum in St Michaels, good excuse for a mini aaca meet!