RIVIERA LIFE

64RivieraLife

8 minutes ago, 64RivieraLife said:

Any tips on swaping the LEDs...and do i need replace flasher? Or fuses?

Fuses no, LED's actually pull way less amperage. I only did my interior so turn signals were not an issue for me. I pulled the gauge bezels for the large Gauges. Pulled the clock, pulled the center console wood grained pieces. Tech tip.... use a rattle can paint cap and press it over the clock bezel. Push and turn. Clock comes right out.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 71GS said:

Oh , there she is...😎Chris,  is that pic from Columbus when I first got it? 2010?

Thanks for taking good care of it👍

Brian

Yes, from Columbus OH, either 2009 or 2010 I think.  Looks the same now that I put whitewalls back on it.   The current pic I have on my computer is upside down.

Edited by cjp69 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

On 1/14/2021 at 7:07 AM, 64RivieraLife said:

U bought them from where?

Most of the information is in the thread if you read it all. As mentioned in it you have all the information for searching for the flasher there too.

Edited by SwedeDownUnderR63 (see edit history)
  • Like 2

64 Rivieralife,

785, NE Kansas

Nice White Riv!

I am originally a 213 and then 310, East side Long Beach boy, born in 64. Millikan High, LBCC. Moved to the Mid-West in 2000'.

I wish I could be driving my Riv down PCH right now brother! My bro's out there tell me it is in the 80's this week.

Enjoy a cruise for me. In this photo you can almost see my Cali Black plate on the front.1168236843_64RivattheLake.thumb.jpg.ca8fe0a1abc506dcbcef0da45ff00c9c.jpg 

Big E

Edited by Big E (see edit history)
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Big E said:

64 Rivieralife,

785, NE Kansas

Nice White Riv!

I am originally a 213 and then 310, East side Long Beach boy, born in 64. Millikan High, LBCC. Moved to the Mid-West in 2000'.

I wish I could be driving my Riv down PCH right now brother! My bro's out there tell me it is in the 80's this week.

Enjoy a cruise for me. In this photo you can almost see my Cali Black plate on the front.1168236843_64RivattheLake.thumb.jpg.ca8fe0a1abc506dcbcef0da45ff00c9c.jpg 

Big E

Big E,

You're in my neck of the woods.  I'm still in the old 913 area code, in a Kansas side suburb of KCMO.  I Hope that you're an ROA member and plan on going to the ROA meet in Branson this coming June.

I did recently join ROA, member #16404.

We are planning to go to Branson in June and looking forward to spending a couple of days there. We have our first g-child due end of May. Kids are in Tiffany Springs, MO. Will be going that way more and more......

Go Chiefs!

Regards,

E

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Big E said:

64 Rivieralife,

785, NE Kansas

Nice White Riv!

Big E

Dope brotha thanks, east side long beach lol thats whats up! I was just cruising down there by queen mary yesterday lol...i like your Rivi, it has the west coast look. 80s..shit its in the 90s lol, what kind of rins are those, clean! The cruising out here is insane now, more then ever every weekend there 4 to 5 different cruises going on and not littles either, last weekend i went to one that had over 300 cars, you ever come to cali, let me know ill give u a ride around old area in my rivi...thanks for representing 

64 RivieraLife,

I did the Ridler 695's. 20x8.5 front and 20x10 rear. Still have the stock whitewalls and spoke caps etc. and can change back in an hour. Front has 2' lowering springs. We go back to Cali every year. I want to trailer the Riv out there for a long cruise up PCH eventually. I do miss the Cali car culture and the shows and cruises everywhere. 

My slammed and snotty Black El Camino SS has the Cali stance as well for when I need/want to haul ass!. 

1 hour ago, Big E said:

64 RivieraLife,

I did the Ridler 695's. 20x8.5 front and 20x10 rear. Still have the stock whitewalls and spoke caps etc. and can change back in an hour. Front has 2' lowering springs. We go back to Cali every year. I want to trailer the Riv out there for a long cruise up PCH eventually. I do miss the Cali car culture and the shows and cruises everywhere. 

My slammed and snotty Black El Camino SS has the Cali stance as well for when I need/want to haul ass!. 

Big E,

I started to go with the Ridler's that are similar to my US Mags.  I went with 17 x 7's and 17 x 8's, still stock ride height.  Like I said still have the 64 Buick Wildcat road wheels and w/w tires.

Art

203 Lower Fairfield County Conn.  Sorry no pics. 1964 Riv. bought new in 1964 at 18 yrs. old. Today has a little over 300K. Has run a best of 13.902@98MPH 1/4 mile. Has even pulled the L/F on occassion. Have videos & pics to prove.  Been my BABY for 57+ years.

Have particapated in the Hot Rod Power Cruise twice from Fort Devins Mass. to Saint Petersburg, Flor.

My test mule for the:

Mini-Starters I designed & sell. Even do Mini's now for St. 8's & ALL "Nails". '64-'66 Mini's are 6lbs. 12ozs. instead of ALMOST 30pds.

Roller Tip Variable Ratio Rocker Arms that are, on my Riv, increased HP by 26.6 & Torque by 15.1ft. pds. to the rear wheels. Hopefully back into production soon.

Forged pistons, ALL CUSTOM Made for your APPLICATION. I worked with a few manufacturers. Finally found one that would make them to MY specs. which took ALMOST 2yrs.  by the time ALL was said & done.  Decided on one that ONLY does pistons WITH the CORRECT compression height for a true compression ratio of ANYWHERE between 8-1 up to 14.5-1 maintaining the CORRECT Quench/Squish area keeping it between .025" to .050", the ideal spec. for OUR "Nails", for better detonation resistence & MORE POWER. Includes Forged pistons, pins, pin fitting & the right combination of rings for a HP improvement over ANYTHING that's available, especially off the shelf cast pistons which IF your LUCKY will net you about 8-1 compression. ALL WITHOUT excessively cutting the deck or heads.  Most ALL the manufacturers have the wrong Cad programs to make the pistons.  It took so long to get things CORRECT & to NOT use the old drawings.

MANY of the interior parts, working with Clark's, almost 20yrs. ago now, to give you the ULTIMATE quality in rear package trays, correct upholstery, CORRECT foams for seats & the listing wire instead of coat hanger, which MANY upholstery shops use.

To say the least I have been involved since the purchase of my Riv. designing front end parts, rear end parts & the CORRECT sway bars, front & rear that I originally started working on in late '69 to early '70. Fast ratio steering boxes that are 2.5 turns lock-lock. Makes the car feel almost like rack & pinion steering to bring the car into the more modern Century. ALL WITHOUT compromising the ride quality.

Other engine parts I have been involved with & supply. Including cams, lifters, SFI approved Harmonic Balancers & ANY other parts you MAY need to overhaul your engine.

Just ask around on this forum & others about what I can supply & the support I supply.  I'm sure it will be favorable.

Tom T.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

13 hours ago, telriv said:

203 Lower Fairfield County Conn.  Sorry no pics. 1964 Riv. bought new in 1964 at 18 yrs. old. Today has a little over 300K. Has run a best of 13.902@98MPH 1/4 mile. Has even pulled the L/F on occassion. Have videos & pics to prove.  Been my BABY for 57+ years.

Have particapated in the Hot Rod Power Cruise twice from Fort Devins Mass. to Saint Petersburg, Flor.

My test mule for the:

Mini-Starters I designed & sell. Even do Mini's now for St. 8's & ALL "Nails". '64-'66 Mini's are 6lbs. 12ozs. instead of ALMOST 30pds.

Roller Tip Variable Ratio Rocker Arms that are, on my Riv, increased HP by 26.6 & Torque by 15.1ft. pds. to the rear wheels. Hopefully back into production soon.

Forged pistons, ALL CUSTOM Made for your APPLICATION. I worked with a few manufacturers. Finally found one that would make them to MY specs. which took ALMOST 2yrs.  by the time ALL was said & done.  Decided on one that ONLY does pistons WITH the CORRECT compression height for a true compression ratio of ANYWHERE between 8-1 up to 14.5-1 maintaining the CORRECT Quench/Squish area keeping it between .025" to .050", the ideal spec. for OUR "Nails", for better detonation resistence & MORE POWER. Includes Forged pistons, pins, pin fitting & the right combination of rings for a HP improvement over ANYTHING that's available, especially off the shelf cast pistons which IF your LUCKY will net you about 8-1 compression. ALL WITHOUT excessively cutting the deck or heads.  Most ALL the manufacturers have the wrong Cad programs to make the pistons.  It took so long to get things CORRECT & to NOT use the old drawings.

MANY of the interior parts, working with Clark's, almost 20yrs. ago now, to give you the ULTIMATE quality in rear package trays, correct upholstery, CORRECT foams for seats & the listing wire instead of coat hanger, which MANY upholstery shops use.

To say the least I have been involved since the purchase of my Riv. designing front end parts, rear end parts & the CORRECT sway bars, front & rear that I originally started working on in late '69 to early '70. Fast ratio steering boxes that are 2.5 turns lock-lock. Makes the car feel almost like rack & pinion steering to bring the car into the more modern Century. ALL WITHOUT compromising the ride quality.

Other engine parts I have been involved with & supply. Including cams, lifters, SFI approved Harmonic Balancers & ANY other parts you MAY need to overhaul your engine.

Just ask around on this forum & others about what I can supply & the support I supply.  I'm sure it will be favorable.

Tom T.

Website?

Tried it twice & got hacked both times & then gave up.  In reality it was a waste of time with ALL the price shoppers.

Like Ed says quality ain't cheap & cheap is usually not quality.

I've been doing this since I was about 12-13yrs. old so about 60+ yrs.

Tom T.

My test mule for the:

Tom T.