Where is Lebowski?

John348

I've been wondering that, too. I sent him a pm a few weeks ago to see how things were going. Haven't heard back, and the last time I checked (about a week ago, maybe) he hadn't visited the site since some time in October. I had a hernia operation about 25 years ago, and they can be painful after the fact. I wish him well.

11 minutes ago, JamesR said:

I've been wondering that, too. I sent him a pm a few weeks ago to see how things were going. Haven't heard back, and the last time I checked (about a week ago, maybe) he hadn't visited the site since some time in October. I had a hernia operation about 25 years ago, and they can be painful after the fact. I wish him well.

I pm'd him in late September to wish him well with the hernia operation as well, like you knowing that pain after the fact is pretty rough. I enjoyed the first hernia operation so much I went for two more! Even had one mesh removed about 4 years ago Just hope all is well with him, every time I saw his handle I kept thinking to myself "it's the dude"

Edited by John348 (see edit history)
  • Like 3

I also liked his Threads and comments.

If you fellows need a hernia repair come to Toronto where the best repairs are done and you are walking the next day.

For over 70 years the Surgeons and staff of Shouldice Hospital have dedicated themselves to repairing abdominal wall hernias; it’s all we do, having performed over 400,000 successful hernia repairs using our natural tissue technique without the use of surgical mesh and its serious complications.

4 minutes ago, Mark Gregory said:

If you fellows need a hernia repair come to Toronto where the best repairs are done and you are walking the next day.

I might have to do that. I was never satisfied with the procedure I got 25 years ago. It was a mesh and orthoscopy type operation. I should say, the surgeon who did it for me also suggested I might be walking the next day or even that afternoon (or mowing the lawn) but no way! I was constantly sore for weeks. And had occasional pain for months. The only thing that made the pain go away was daily exercise. Even then, if I stand in one place too long or carry too much luggage, I can feel the pain again. At least for a brief period.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, JamesR said:

I might have to do that. I was never satisfied with the procedure I got 25 years ago. It was a mesh and orthoscopy type operation. I should say, the surgeon who did it for me also suggested I might be walking the next day or even that afternoon (or mowing the lawn) but no way! I was constantly sore for weeks. And had occasional pain for months. The only thing that made the pain go away was daily exercise. Even then, if I stand in one place too long or carry too much luggage, I can feel the pain again. At least for a brief period.

I had to have one mesh removed 4 years ago that was installed 15 years prior. I was walking the next day after they put it in, I was in the hospital 6 nights when they removed it 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was (un)lucky enough to have all 3 of my hernias repaired at once.

About 10 years ago I went in for my regular 20,000 mile checkup and the doc asked me how long I'd had a hernia.

I told him, 'About 15 seconds'.

Well, he said not to worry about it too much if it wasn't bothering me so I went on my way.

About a year later my hernia was hurting so much that it was getting difficult to walk.

Off to the surgeon.

After his examination he said I may have more than one but he'll know when he opens me up.

During his post-op visit he let me know that I had 3 hernias and that I was now completely covered in mesh.

I hurt quite a bit for about a week after the surgery but it's been pretty good ever since.

No pain or complications.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Terry Bond said:

My goodness - we used to talk about cars, now we talk our operations! 

Terry

Haven't you noticed that all old folks eventually end up talking about health issues and medical procedures? 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

27 minutes ago, zepher said:

Haven't you noticed that all old folks eventually end up talking about health issues and medical procedures? 😁

I hope it's not relevant, but my 83-year-old father's standard conversation opener these days is, "Do you know who just died?"

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, KRK Sr. said:

John 348,

Lebowski?

Banned for good, he could not follow rules after many warnings, the last by our leader.

I am sure you all think the rest of this thread is on topic and needs no moderating. Continue on........

Merry Christmas!

Karl

Thank you.

I was also one who was not too impressed with his opinionated and rude comments.

Happy holidays, enjoy your break and play in the garage!

Craig

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Matt Harwood said:

I hope it's not relevant, but my 83-year-old father's standard conversation opener these days is, "Do you know who just died?"

My dad did the same! 

He would go online and scan the obits in the Edmonton paper each morning to see who he outlived!

Craig

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, KRK Sr. said:

John 348,

Lebowski?

Banned for good, he could not follow rules after many warnings, the last by our leader.

I am sure you all think the rest of this thread is on topic and needs no moderating. Continue on........

Merry Christmas!

Karl

Karl, WOW,

That's a Merry Christmas note if I ever read one! I am not sure if you are threatening, or joking. about moderation on this particular thread

Lebowski's banning for good reminds me of that old Twilight Zone Episode "Children of the Corn" I never read all of Lebowski's posts so I can't really comment on what "rules" were broken but then again I never saw the rules, my fault for that. He always seemed that he contributed to a topic and I never seen a post on a thread for the sake of of having to comment, provide incorrect information as fact, or even hi-jack a thread.

Hopefully he is feeling well.

Karl, you Have a Merry Christmas and thanks for clearing up the what happened to Lebowski.  

• Like 1

That carpet really tied the place together, man!'

In The Big Lebowski, the American dream comes down to the “Dude” owning a beautiful rug. The rugsymbolizes the validation of his lifestyle. In your home, a rug will “tie the room together” by being the piece that is a little bit of a dream to add luxury to your room.Apr 25, 2019

• Like 1

Apropos quotes from the movie "The Big Labowski":

Walter Sobchak: Has the whole world gone CRAZY? Am I the only one around here who gives a shit about the rules? 

The Dude: Yeah,well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

And if I can be so bold as to paraphrase "The Dude":

"Nice "Marmon", man."

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Peter Gariepy said:

Apropos quotes from the movie "The Big Labowski":

Walter Sobchak: Has the whole world gone CRAZY? Am I the only one around here who gives a shit about the rules? 

The Dude: Yeah,well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

And if I can be so bold as to paraphrase "The Dude":

"Nice "Marmon", man."

THE DUDE: "that rug tied the whole place together man" 

2 hours ago, Mark Gregory said:

That carpet really tied the place together, man!'

In The Big Lebowski, the American dream comes down to the “Dude” owning a beautiful rug. The rugsymbolizes the validation of his lifestyle. In your home, a rug will “tie the room together” by being the piece that is a little bit of a dream to add luxury to your room.Apr 25, 2019

That is pretty deep, never really took that film to be that artistic

8 minutes ago, knee-action said:

We should all meet at the "In and Out Burger" to discuss this. 

Maybe you can.

But we can't! 🤔  https://www.alberta.ca/enhanced-public-health-measures.aspx#toc-3

Mandatory restriction – Provincewide – Effective Dec. 13

• All restaurants, pubs, bars, lounges and cafes are closed to in-person service.
  • Take out, curbside pickup and delivery services are allowed.

4 minutes ago, 8E45E said:

Maybe you can.

But we can't! 🤔  https://www.alberta.ca/enhanced-public-health-measures.aspx#toc-3

• All restaurants, pubs, bars, lounges and cafes are closed to in-person service.

Same rules in 90% of Calif where In-N-Out originated.

As a kid, I remember us driving to the original one to get some burgers a few times.

The original one and the very first other locations never had inside dining, just a drive through and a walk up window where you grabbed food and then sat on the picnic tables to eat.

Lebowski has been gone for 2 1/2 months before anybody missed him. My guess is everyone has their packages wrapped, and are waiting to see what Santa brings tomorrow. I guess no one has any car parts that need washed, sandblasted, or primed this afternoon. This thread has definitely given me some laughs. Thank you Lebowski! you will not be missed. Karl

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, zepher said:

Same rules in 90% of Calif where In-N-Out originated.

As a kid, I remember us driving to the original one to get some burgers a few times.

The original one and the very first other locations never had inside dining, just a drive through and a walk up window where you grabbed food and then sat on the picnic tables to eat.

Outdoor dining is an exercise of futility here ten months of the year.  And even then, its not pleasant to dine when it's windy outside, either.  

As far as 'originality', we had the last of the original architecture McDonalds still standing in the world that was still functioning up until the late 1980's.  In fact, they filmed a commercial with some 1950's cars in the parking lot.  

In the end, it was too far gone when it came to the plumbing and electrical, and couldn't be restored and upgraded as original as it would have had to adhere to the updated building codes.  It would totally lost its original ambience and character, so they opened a brand new modern one across the street and levelled the old one.

Craig

2 hours ago, 8E45E said:

Maybe you can.

Well, I thought you were talking about the peoples republic of Michigan where the governor seems intent on putting lots of businesses out of business.   People ask her show me the data, and keeps responding "I am following the data"  Typical response for a lawyer.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JACK M said:

Thanks for this.

Not being all up on musicians I wonder who all these ones are (I am sure I would recognize at least some names).

My kind of listening. You can almost understand the words. LOL

Jeff Bridges and his brother are life long musicians.

They played their own instruments in The Fabulous Baker Boys and Jeff Bridges did his own musical performances in Crazy Heart.