Collection for sale - 1921 Studebaker, 1928 L Lincoln, 1929 model A Ford, 1931 Plymouth

It has come time for me to pare down my collection. I have 4 cars I want to get into good hands. They are as follows:  1921 Studebaker Light 6 touring, a 1928 L Lincoln type 147A, a 1929 model A Ford tudor, and a 1931 Plymouth PA delux sport roadster. I am working on getting some pictures. The Studebaker is basically a very well preserved HPOF car, that needs a little work to get running again. The Lincoln is very solid mechanically (I rebuilt the engine and went through it mechanically). You can see pictures of it I posted several years ago on this site by googling 1928 Lincoln type 147A then images. It is the maroon one; plus you can read the site comments. The model A needs another ground up restoration; it is basically all there with a professionally rebuilt engine. The Plymouth was restored by Leo Gebart and I bought it at auction in Auburn; it has side mounts trunk rack, rumble seat, wind wings and other options. It is a good driver; however, it has been sitting for a while and needs the early hydraulic brakes overhauled plus being woken up from sitting for several years. I have plenty of extra parts for all the cars; plus, owners manuals parts books, service bulletins. Let me know on this site if you have any interest.  Harry Jenkins

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • Peter Gariepy changed the title to Collection for sale - 1921 Studebaker, 1928 L Lincoln, 1929 model A Ford, 1931 Plymouth

Yes Harry, I agree. Generally cars listed with no prices tend to garner little response. Looks like a nice collectionShould be easy to find new homes for all of them, depending on price.

Cheers, Greg

A few notes on the Lincoln. As was mentioned in a previous post I acquired the car in 1988/89. I have been through it mechanically including rebuilding it's motor. I have a copy of the owner's manual, the service bulletins' and the parts book. The car was used in several hollywood productions. I have a copy of one of the movies "The Kansas City Massacre"; which you can google. I have a letter from the Ford Motor Co. showing it was assembled on Feb 28, 1928; and was shipped to the Edward Lowe dealership in San Francisco on April 6, 1928. I also have quite a few extra parts including a transmission. 

You mentioned the Studebaker touring needs a few things to get back on the road? What do you recommend? Do you have parts available if needed?

My garage is overfull - BUT I kinda like the looks of this one.

Thank you!

Wondering if that Plymouth roadster might have come from southern Ohio? There was a man here in the 60's-70's (when I was a kid in the AACA Southern Ohio Chapter) named Harold Eby who had a yellow Plymouth roadster. And Carl Pippenger in our club also had a 1931 Plymouth roadster, but it was red with black fenders. 

Ahh...the memories. 

Folks, Harry needs to move these cars and is the very definition of a motivated seller. If you have any interest in any or all of them, please contact him. The Model A is rather rough, but the other three cars are very nice pieces. 

I visited him a few weeks back (he's local to me and has been a friend for many decades) and took a number of pictures. If anyone is sincerely interested, PM me with which cars you wish to see more of and your email address and I'll send you the photos I have.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gwells said:

Folks, Harry needs to move these cars and is the very definition of a motivated seller. If you have any interest in any or all of them, please contact him. The Model A is rather rough, but the other three cars are very nice pieces. 

I visited him a few weeks back (he's local to me and has been a friend for many decades) and took a number of pictures. If anyone is sincerely interested, PM me with which cars you wish to see more of and your email address and I'll send you the photos I have.

Please take no offense, but he needs 4 separate posts, better photos, and a better description - he can do it the way he is doing it, but he only hurts himself.   Hope is a great thing, but a check in the bank is better. 

1 minute ago, John_Mereness said:

Please take no offense, but he needs 4 separate posts, better photos, and a better description - he can do it the way he is doing it, but he only hurts himself.   Hope is a great thing, but a check in the bank is better. 

If he is not capable for some reason, I would suggest trying one car on www.bringatrailer.com - choose the I will do nothing other than fill out this form and then pay the $350.00 price and let them do the photography and ... https://bringatrailer.com/account/listings/new/?processing=1&tab=1

Basically, though it all comes down to photos and a description any way you go about it. 

Bucket, there is at least one pic of the interior in each of the four separate ads.

Here's links to the four ads:

1921 Studebaker Light 6 touring car

1928 Lincoln Model 147A seven-passenger sedan

1931 Plymouth PA Deluxe Sport Roadster

1929 Model A Ford Tudor

To reiterate, I am not the seller. If you desire any further info, please call Harry at the number given in each listing.