Found an old car I’ve never seen before

Han

First time caller, long time listener! Actually came across an old car at a

job site. Never seen anything like it. Have pictures but don’t know how to post them. Thinking between 1930-1940s? Main characteristic is slanted “eye” headlights on front tire wheel wells as well as an elongated hood ornament. Any ideas?  Let me know if anybody has the time. 

Cheers and many thanks, 

7 minutes ago, Han said:

Have pictures but don’t know how to post them.

If you are on a computer, put the photos somewhere you can find them with File Explorer or other equivalent. Then start a post. Scroll down a bit and you will see a paper clip. Select choose files and a file finder will open. Select the files and they will appear in the grey bar. Then do some text in your post if you wish, put the cursor where you want the photo and click on a photo. It will appear there.

Note that any photo may be no more than 9.77 MB in size and any post may only have 9.77 MB of photos in it. So if your photos are 970 kB, you can put in 9 or 10 of them!

8 hours ago, Han said:

Have pictures but don’t know how to post them.

Send them to me in a private message & I'll post them if you can figure out how to post them. To send a message, click on my name & a new page will come up. Click Message & attach the photos & send it.

Edited by George Smolinski (see edit history)

18 hours ago, Han said:

Thinking between 1930-1940s? Main characteristic is slanted “eye” headlights on front tire wheel wells 

Looking into cars of the 30s with “slanted” headlights how about the 1931-33 Studebaker or the 1935 Hupmobile?

if the OP would post some pictures we could narrow this down a little.   

B580D74B-32FC-4A98-8EFC-161DA95EC371.jpeg

F4973868-129E-48A7-8089-80C44D831BC2.jpeg

8 hours ago, George Smolinski said:

The photos I posted are of the car Han is asking about. I apologize for not making this clear when I posted. He emailed the photos to me & I posted them. 

So, all of you had good guesses, but all of you were incorrect. Check out the photos in my previous post.

A restored Sharknose here: https://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/showthread.php?107731-Portland-Art-Museum&highlight=portland

Craig

I would never ever guessed a Graham Sharknose from the original post.  Proper punctuation would have helped but would not have been enough for an educated guess.

On 7/16/2019 at 12:31 PM, keiser31 said:

Tire wheel wells were last used in the early 1940s except for some specialty cars.

19 hours ago, keiser31 said:

SIDEMOUNTS! He says the car has front fender tire wells.

I totally misunderstood the description. Sorry!

22 hours ago, George Smolinski said:

graham.jpg

graham2.jpg

graham3.jpg

graham4.jpg

graham5.jpg

HAN sent me the same photos which George has posted above, and I concur with his "Graham Sharknose" thought

• Like 1

On 7/16/2019 at 5:26 PM, CHuDWah said:

Hmmm, first post, no pix, and cryptic description/terminology - maybe the OP is just trolling?

On 7/17/2019 at 6:21 AM, George Smolinski said:

The photos I posted are of the car Han is asking about. I apologize for not making this clear when I posted. He emailed the photos to me & I posted them. 

So, all of you had good guesses, but all of you were incorrect. Check out the photos in my previous post.

OK, I'm big enough to eat my words - OP is legit.  Still, the description is confusing - understandable if he's not an old car guy.

Can't tell a lot about condition from pix but looks like car might be savable.

Might have some good parts but unfortunately too far gone for restoration, at a reasonable cost.  There have just recently been a few for sale, great collector cars, run and drive great.  I have a friend who drives his all over the country, it is stock, with factory overdrive.  And Batman's first car

Image result for 1938 graham