Dusting off the cobwebs yet?

victorialynn2

Just now, victorialynn2 said:

It was in a lot of pieces before Jack got it. 

Isn’t great to see it together and running!  I like the color scheme, different than all the yellow ones out there.

• Like 1

Hey all,

I had a nice visit with my dad today. He always enjoys seeing Patsy Cline, as he is a huge animal lover, especially dogs.

He asked me who I was and I told him. Then he said, “If you have any problems, just call me. I’m not saying I can solve them all, but I will try”. 💕 (I had been trying not to cry and wiping away tears, while trying to hide it from him. I get very emotional with each visit, no matter how hard I try not to. I’m actually pretty emotional all the time these days.)

I completely forgot to show him the pics of the Jeepster, but I will next time. I have to be careful about sharing pics from the past, or reminding him of the past. It sometimes confuses him and brings out behavior issues, which complicates his care. This disease has taken a lot from him, and he’s not really there anymore, but it hasn’t taken his heart. 

I know some of you have followed my story for years and thought you might like to see a pic of him. 

27B247AC-481A-42D7-84B6-B8FD7556AAA2.jpeg

F9148D4D-89C5-42CC-908B-A9E15247A081.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

So, Could not help myself. Bought a 1971 Ford LTD Rag Top and have been working a few bugs out of it. Nothing is in full bloom here quite yet but it is not far away. There was still piles of snow over in New Hampshire where I picked up the car and then brought it back the Hudson Valley. 

IMG_1853.JPG

IMG_1855.JPG

• Like 1

What a Boat, a gas guzzling, over weight, yacht from the days before the energy embargo of 73. A piece of the Detroit Iron Mountain of yesteryear. I'm sure you Dad would love it being a Ford man himself. 

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)

55 minutes ago, Dandy Dave said:

So, Could not help myself. Bought a 1971 Ford LTD Rag Top and have been working a few bugs out of it.

There was still piles of snow over in New Hampshire where I picked up the car and then brought it back the Hudson Valley. 

Nice find Dave! 

My father raised me in Goffstown, NH, outside of Manchester. Still have family there. 

What town was the car in?

29 minutes ago, Dandy Dave said:

What a Boat, a gas guzzling, over weight, yacht from the days before the energy embargo of 73. A piece of the Detroit Iron Mountain of yesteryear. I'm sure you Dad would love it being a Ford man himself. 

Yes he would. That and the fact that he was a big fan of the Lincoln Town Cars of that era. We had a 72 or 73 growing up and I sold a 79 he had. He bought two 79’s, the ex got the other one. 

I had a LTD that my grandfather bought me. I think it was a 80 something. I put a lot of miles on it and it was still running fine when I traded it in. 

Dad grew up outside Detriot. 

Edited by victorialynn2 (see edit history)

8 minutes ago, victorialynn2 said:

Nice find Dave! 

My father raised me in Goffstown, NH, outside of Manchester. Still have family there. 

What town was the car in?

Oh. Just south of Keene. In the town of Swanzey. The old gent that had it could get in it. But could not get out after he sat down in the big old low rider seat. 

• Like 1

vl2, I have read many comments about your dad here. Good to see a picture of him. Mental issues are particularly sad and difficult to deal with. You have my sympathies.

By the way. Grass Valium here today hit 80 degrees!. I may yet get my project painted.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, wayne sheldon said:

vl2, I have read many comments about your dad here. Good to see a picture of him. Mental issues are particularly sad and difficult to deal with. You have my sympathies.

By the way. Grass Valium here today hit 80 degrees!. I may yet get my project painted.

I am sure I speak for us all when I say that we can’t wait to see pics when you are done! 

Thanks for your kind words. This is what he looked like just  4 short years ago. 😢

68E49DD8-8A84-43B4-A6C9-C3811B6E404A.jpeg

Edited by victorialynn2 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Good family should be cherished as much as one can, while one can.  I can see you have some good family there. Day by day,  enjoy the lucid moments. Remember the better days. Make the best you can with time you have left.

If I ever get my project looking like a real car, I will try to post a few pictures. 

• Like 1

Managed to drive my Special Thursday finishing work early with the top down but had the heat on as it was only 49 degrees. Desperate? It was worth the horns and thumbs up!

The last few days have been wet and cool but as the saying goes, "April Showers Bring May Flowers".

IMG_4678.thumb.JPG.05db235465cb8285ab1e115498611c8e.JPG

More signs that spring is around the corner when the wild turkeys are prancing about within City limits looking for a mate. It's Easter but we are having ham otherwise.... ?

IMG_4677.thumb.JPG.528616ba60485881499c4002d6fdac84.JPG

• Like 1

Easter Day was sunny & 72 so naturally had to get the Special which I parked in the garage when last out leaving the top down.

IMG_4679.thumb.JPG.e345be0eca5ffa60791b942d87866242.JPG

Put some miles on her during the day before Easter Dinner but took her back to the garage as the sun was going down.

What a difference a week makes this time of year. I had to cut my lawn for the first time today.

IMG_4683.thumb.JPG.2ab5686b5ccf3220c57b7303e73df3d2.JPG

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dei said:

I had to cut my lawn for the first time today.

That lawn thing,

I just mowed on Thursday (Second time.) and it needs it again.

Some sun and some rain along with the warmer temps, one can almost watch it grow.

I saw a comment about adult peer pressure somewhere lately, I keep mine mowed and looking good and I will admit it may be partially to shame the neighbors that don't.

• Haha 1

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 10:25 PM, victorialynn2 said:

Hey all,

I had a nice visit with my dad today. He always enjoys seeing Patsy Cline, as he is a huge animal lover, especially dogs.

He asked me who I was and I told him. Then he said, “If you have any problems, just call me. I’m not saying I can solve them all, but I will try”. 💕 (I had been trying not to cry and wiping away tears, while trying to hide it from him. I get very emotional with each visit, no matter how hard I try not to. I’m actually pretty emotional all the time these days.)

I completely forgot to show him the pics of the Jeepster, but I will next time. I have to be careful about sharing pics from the past, or reminding him of the past. It sometimes confuses him and brings out behavior issues, which complicates his care. This disease has taken a lot from him, and he’s not really there anymore, but it hasn’t taken his heart. 

I know some of you have followed my story for years and thought you might like to see a pic of him. 

27B247AC-481A-42D7-84B6-B8FD7556AAA2.jpeg

F9148D4D-89C5-42CC-908B-A9E15247A081.jpeg

I have follow your posts for years and feel for you as I went through the same with my Mother. We are driving her 67 Camaro RS Convt this weekend on an Ohio Region tour to Cambridge, Ohio. Maybe I will finally figure out how to post on this site.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Easter Monday here was fairly glorious for a change so I tackled a problem with a rear window in my '27 Model T Tudor.

Last September I drove it to a tractor show on an uncommonly hot and humid day so I rolled down a rear window to get some air flow.

When I got home no amount of pushing or pulling would budge it.

Long story short is I got to the bottom of it Monday and found the trouble.

The lower window lifter channel was "blown out" from rust which wedged it into the lifter mechanism.

At any rate the weather was very sociable today so I finished the job and took it out for its first outing since early November....... 🤩

You can believe me or not but, as always, it started as if it had run yesterday.

TudorPainted.jpg

• Like 1

Leaving Sat Morning for North Carolina Tour will be driving our 66 ply conv. Hope we have good weather so we can get time with the top down  . Kings32

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dave Fields said:

Drove the 1933 Pierce 8 LeBaron convt sedan today with the top down. Also a 1929 Chrysler Imperial cabriolet today with the top down. Wonderful. Then drove an Avanti convertible a Ferrari 308 and a lovely early 2000's Alfa Romeo. 

20190425_112317.jpg

Are you doing ok? Feeling alright? Just know that we are all here for you, if you have a bad day.:lol: 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I'm late to this thread. Here's my '54 Ranch Wagon out in front of the redbud trees my kids planted when they were in the 3rd grade.

My wife's flowers are barely discernible in the background.

Jim

IMG_0299.thumb.JPG.7affc3b69498e858d27391fcf8b96260.JPG

• Like 1