Dusting off the cobwebs yet?

victorialynn2

It’s spring and much of the country has wildflowers in bloom. Have any of you taken your cars out recently and photographed them with cherry blossoms, wildflowers, or other pretty springtime backdrops? If so, please share your pics! This will also give encouragement to those parts of the country that are still not quite out of winter weather yet. 🌸🌷🌻🌺

• Like 4

There is a lot to like around here! And some? Not so much. A lot of wonderful back roads! Most of them separated by local highways not very agreeable to a model T Ford. On the other hand, many of the locals don't drive their modern cars much faster than a model T can go anyhow.

When we moved here a bit over thirteen years ago, I knew the mountainside wasn't a great place for fruit trees and vegetable gardens. Now, my little acre has way over a hundred trees on it. Black oaks from huge century plus, to still small twenty year-olds. Ponderosa pines way over a hundred feet tall! Dozens of other "small" pine and fir trees (if you think thirty to fifty feet tall is "small"?), and more struggling to reach the sunlight. Also about a dozen cedar trees, plus hundreds of cedar seedlings popping up all over the place. My house cannot be seen from Google Earth! Too many trees. It is a bit difficult to find even from the street. But I wanted a few fruit trees anyway, so I planted some. Of course my "black thumb" didn't help any. Clearly, my grandfather's farming genes got lost along the way. However, it almost never failed, as the trees grew, and they began to blossom? Almost every year, within three days of the blossoms opening? We got a torrential rain or hail storm. In ten years, I got three edible peaches, and one good pear. The deer tried harder and ate the apple tree in spite of the wire mesh around it.

• Like 1

Last Sunday took the 66 fury out for a spin , Drove for about three hours . great day with the top down and the sun was out . hope to get the 32 chevy out one day this week . Rebuilt the rear ,new gears and axles . kings32

• Like 1

Back east here in Southern Ontario Canada we are getting the odd day in the upper 60's and take advantage when the roads are dry to exercise my Buick.

After being out for  awhile I came home and a friend happened to pull up behind me as he was out too.

There are daffodils in full bloom under our front window and next week will have to cut the grass so spring is in the works.

IMG_4616.thumb.JPG.d7088355256ad994a548d6adba81f265.JPG

• Like 3

You are correct we have some up here and I had some at my old shop.  They don't seem to be too fussy as to what type of soil they grow in.  I always thought a better name might make them more liked. 

I do like your landscaping.  We are just too cheap to do it right and rip out everything we have up here and start over which is what probably should be done. 

It's been an interesting winter/early spring all across the country. I doubt anyone had, what they would consider, a normal year. As ready as most of us are to be moving into spring, I hope that summer and early fall, won't be adversely affected by the table that has been set, by the previous seasons weather.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Buffalowed Bill said:

I doubt anyone had, what they would consider, a normal year. 

We've had a normal year, meaning close to the

average winter and spring.  Naturally, weather varies

and everyone likes to talk about it.

I'm looking forward to more beautiful calendar-like photos

from our members here, showing Victoria's spring ideas---

• Like 1

I am in Texas and as you know down here we are fortunate the cobwebs never form unless you want them to. I drive both of my hobby cars at least weekly year round if its dry and the only things that force storage are repairs or too many cars on hand! 

DSCF2959.JPG

• Like 3

round here Pollen is in FULL BLOOM !! anything and everything outside for more than 5 minutes is COVERED in Yellow Green DUST !!

then it rains and washes it all into the lakes and rivers, and starts all over again.  vicious cycle.

figure eventually it will get warm and stay warm and the pollen will stop. 

• Like 2

On 4/15/2019 at 12:13 PM, John_S_in_Penna said:

We've had a normal year, meaning close to the

average winter and spring.  Naturally, weather varies

and everyone likes to talk about it.

I'm looking forward to more beautiful calendar-like photos

from our members here, showing Victoria's spring ideas---

The weather in the Portland, Or area is typical this year also. Rainy almost everyday. 

Our buddy Jack is working on getting the ‘57 back up to my home for me. Hopefully the rain will relent and I can take it for a spin and get some pics of it with some pretty blooms. It sure would cheer me up. All the life changes I’ve made in the last few years are taking a toll. 

I am not used to this rain anymore, having spent most of the last 5 years in TX and Southern Oregon. However, there is no better place in the country, IMHO, then the Willamette Valley from about mid-June through September. I am so looking forward to nicer weather, which is why I asked for some cheerful spring photos. Thanks to all who posted and will post when they can. I appreciate it. 💕🌸🌺🌷

Edited by victorialynn2 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, TexRiv_63 said:

I am in Texas and as you know down here we are fortunate the cobwebs never form unless you want them to. I drive both of my hobby cars at least weekly year round if its dry and the only things that force storage are repairs or too many cars on hand! 

DSCF2959.JPG

Love both of the cars and I love Tx weather most of the time. If dad’s place wasn’t so far out, I would have moved there. Beautiful area for a second home though.

What part of Tx are you in? Stay safe with all the tornado, hail and crazy weather warnings. That was another thing, dad has a manufactured home and no shelters around. He had a backhoe, he could have built a storm shelter. 🤦‍♀️

• Like 1

17 hours ago, victorialynn2 said:

Love both of the cars and I love Tx weather most of the time. If dad’s place wasn’t so far out, I would have moved there. Beautiful area for a second home though.

What part of Tx are you in? Stay safe with all the tornado, hail and crazy weather warnings. That was another thing, dad has a manufactured home and no shelters around. He had a backhoe, he could have built a storm shelter. 🤦‍♀️

I'm in north Texas about 30 miles north of Dallas. We are in the bad springtime right now and have already had one hail incident, glad I have a garage!

• Like 1

Just had the '25 Buick out for it's first run of 2019, sporting it's new correct stirrup door handles, flip up dogbone rad cap and accessory front bumper. Katching !

Jim

IMG_1212.JPG

• Like 6

I got the 1929 Studebaker President out of the garage today with the intention of taking it for a drive in the Sacramento River delta.  While giving the old girl a spring cleaning before the drive I discovered a broken wheel spoke.   I canceled the drive and disappointed my 84 year old mother, my brother, and daughter who where looking forward to the drive.   My daughter is also excited about learning how to drive the Studebaker.  She is 33 and grew up in the back seat of a 1929 Studebaker.   

E322EEBC-C953-4F05-9AC3-79090BF4F529.jpeg

• Like 3