Get your snow removed in style

bob duffer

Thanks for posting it.   I just emailed it to our maintenance VP at work who gets all rattled at the forecast of 1" of snow and the removal cost.

Regards,

Peter J. 

Nice lookin' car, lousy lookin' snow plow.  The photo appears to be a nicely done "photoshop" job.  What is that, a 1959?

Although we have plenty of "Rollers" here in Florida, I've never seen one set up with a snow plow.  Why is that?:P

Cheers,

Grog

11 minutes ago, capngrog said:

The photo appears to be a nicely done "photoshop" job. 

I think you can be more definite than "appears to be".  ;)

Considering that the front tires aren't flat and the front end isn't down on the bump stops... 

5 hours ago, bob duffer said:

I found it on the internet , i thought it was quite funny.

bob,

They are certainly funny, and keep 'em coming!  Don't mind me (and others) if we critique photographs, we still enjoy them.  As for me, due to my background in forensics, I just can't help myself.:D

Cheers,

Grog

All Rolls-Royce Silver Clouds are factory prepared for a plow connection. That is just an American manufacture plow.

Just look under the center of the front bumper at the next show. The plow ram is right there. A lot of people tend to bump them on curbs and they drip a little.

Bernie

• Like 4

10 hours ago, 60FlatTop said:

All Rolls-Royce Silver Clouds are factory prepared for a plow connection. That is just an American manufacture plow.

Just look under the center of the front bumper at the next show. The plow ram is right there. A lot of people tend to bump them on curbs and they drip a little.

Bernie

I'm not sure if that's an American made plow, because such a plow would be incompatible with the Whitworth fasteners used in the Rolls Royce snow plow ram.  This is in addition to the clearance problems due to the right hand drive and the bouleversement nature of the bifoliate fitting of the ram itself.  You are, however, absolutely correct about bumping of the rams on curb stones and the like causing unsightly drippage of noxious fluids in violation of all EPA rules.  To deal with the American EPA's argy-bargy concerning the Rolls Ram Drips (RRDs) Rolls developed a ram diaper, but, alas, the diaper ("nappy") also used Whitworth fasteners ...:P

Now what?

Grog

• Like 1

The gauche yellow paint gave away its origin. A proper British plow would be earthtone of some sort.

Attachment with bifurcated rivets with inch specifications would be transpondinental.

I dropped my Wife's truck off for a transmission overhaul today and told the rebuilder to beef it up for plowing. If you have read Wind In The Willows You will know that Toad would exclaim "Now that's a proper Tahoe" Motor  err Tallyhoe... something to that effect.

I also seem to remember a picture in the shop manual of an SC or S type with a number of sandbags on the bonnet, was that weight or traction?

Bernie

Edited by 60FlatTop (see edit history)

14 hours ago, RansomEli said:

I don't know where all this is going, but I'm enjoying every bit of it.

Indeed !

This guy built this Allis Drag Tractor - then he painted it purple just to p*ss off the purists .....

Jim

507666-1393516464-cd08802c458bbe00bc522b6d3905ded4.jpg

That guy with the Alley Cat is sneaky. With the purple paint the "experts" don't notice the tires aren't 9.00X 24's.

I do stuff like that intentionally ever since I went to the Buick Nationals in Sandusky, Ohio- 1981. I love to see them spout about the obvious while totally ignorant of what I did to test them.

See you in Brookfield.

Bernie

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 8:11 PM, ScarredKnightfan said:

*raises eyebrow*

Is this in Santa Rosa NM, by chance?

Cort, www.oldcarsstronghearts.com
pig&cowValves.paceMaker * 1979 CC to 2003 MGM + 81mc

"Decorations of red on a green Christmas tree" | Elvis Presley | 'Blue Christmas'

Yes it is. On Route 66. From one of my pics during my fall 2014 road trip from new England. It's at this place:

rt66roadtrip2014 389.JPG