What Did You Get for Christmas?

DLynskey

Guest AlCapone

I got to spend two days with my Mom

Guess what my friend. That was a luxury that many of us will never again enjoy. Cherish the moments you lucky man. It is more precious than any material gift ever will be. I am very jealous of you! Wayne

This is for my Hollywood Graham.  My dad bought all the NOS ones left at the Graham factory some years ago.  This is the best one, he had it show chromed, new lock, original guts & the shaft that is special to my car because it is longer.   He has about 30 to 40 hours in to the thing but I think it is the best one world!

post-76712-0-99848400-1451091546_thumb.j

I bought myself a 56 Chevy convertible that will keep me healthy and happy for about two years of exercise,

stretching for the wrenches,

reaching for dropped parts,

Crawling under the chassis for that nut that always ends up in the exact middle,

and opening the refrigerator door for a cold one!

And most important, Having a reason to get up in the morning,

• Like 2

post-78299-0-98951200-1451146630_thumb.jNot auto related but made me just as happy! In October while visiting my daughter in Virginia I went antique shopping and bought a Japanese dagger for $50. The dealer said I shouldn't buy it as it was a reproduction. The appraiser/restorer emailed me Christmas eve to tell me my early 16th ct. Samurai dagger was done. In February it goes to a Japanese team for evaluation and should get papers attributing it to a good maker from 1504-21. Glad I went with my first impression. 

Howard Dennis

Edited by hddennis (see edit history)

Guest AlCapone

I spent the day with the family including my Dad who is 88.

My wife got me a DeWalt lithium cordless drill set.  :-)

The Dewalt was a bonus. The day with Dad will last forever! Wayne

I had a great day, There was 22 family for dinner. The best was my granddaughter was here from college .Angelica is at Alabama getting her masters . Family is always the  best gift any one could get . Kings32chevy

• Like 1

I received 1/3 pound of low temp curable rubber compound ( Versimold ) to make odd grommets that I need and other small rubber parts .

I'll try to post photos of all the steps when I get started.

I'll be looking forward to that 28 Chrysler. Maybe that would work for the rubber snubbers on my Maxwell's front axle.

Howard Dennis

My son came home from college with a bargain he found at school, a 1979 moped that has been sitting for a few years. He told the seller that he's sure he and I would get it running in less than an hour of tinkering. We did get it up to a sputter in about 45 minutes but it took about 2 hrs of work to get it to actually run on its own. The look on my sons face was priceless as he took it for a ride around the block. Best Christmas present for me was the opportunity to share the time together with him and to show him how to get it running. He is a senior mechanical engineering student at Drexel and recently completed a six month internship with Tesla in CA.

Terry

Guest AlCapone

My son came home from college with a bargain he found at school, a 1979 moped that has been sitting for a few years. He told the seller that he's sure he and I would get it running in less than an hour of tinkering. We did get it up to a sputter in about 45 minutes but it took about 2 hrs of work to get it to actually run on its own. The look on my sons face was priceless as he took it for a ride around the block. Best Christmas present for me was the opportunity to share the time together with him and to show him how to get it running. He is a senior mechanical engineering student at Drexel and recently completed a six month internship with Tesla in CA.

Terry

Terry. The two of you created a memory that neither one of you will ever forget! It is a story he will relate to his children and grandchildren! Happy New Year my friend. Wayne

I got an Xbox one. I have not taken it out of the box yet because I am spending so much time on getting the doors to fit perfect on my 34 olds. well as perfect as I think they might have been in 1934. that Xbox will never be as much of a challenge as the passenger side rear door has been. LOL 

Guest AlCapone

I guess I DID actually get something for Christmas....early. I received an item that I made for my father years ago. It used to reside in his entry hall.

Truly a very special gift ! Memories jump at you whenever ou see it. You scored big time my friend. Wayne