Thanks for getting the Forum back up and running!

Jon37

...When I pulled up the forum yesterday morning, I thought the U.S. was under siege or something...

WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE?!

Sorry, bad September 11th-related attempt at humor...

Thanks Peter and all forum worker-bees for your diligent efforts.

Edited by stock_steve (see edit history)

I hadda feeling that AACA definately did not have a Syrian army connection,,

so i hit the LiLL triangle,,,Good thing we have made mention of hacking and at least know where the "report post" key is,,I assume it is critical,,??,, to get it extinguished with speed??

or does this stuff move with the flash of light,,all preprogrammed,,

Can you tell how soon after it came in that it got reported,??

Without knowing much about computers [like anything at all] other than the start/start

button,/ who wouldda thot to push the start button to stop,,

Its in your LEFT hand,,,,your Other LEFT,, You guys are our heroes,,I'm now starting on my third glossery of outdated tech terms,,Generational thing ya know,,,

Thanks again,,We all appreciate your devotion of time to deal with these un-planned events,,

Regards,,,Ben in Maine

Guest Henry White

A big thank you to all who worked to restore the site.

FYI in case it helps, earlier this morning I was getting redirected to some coin url? And later on the forum page kept reloading. I dont know if that helps mods to have such data but thought I would share that. Thanks again.

I got a cannot connect notice yesterday morning and saw Peter's note last night - what actually happened to cause the outage?

Some Syrian website was incorporated somehow (by hackers) into the AACA forum section. Blown up buildings and cars and other terrorist-oriented stuff were displayed.

A big thank you to all who worked to restore the site.

FYI in case it helps, earlier this morning I was getting redirected to some coin url? And later on the forum page kept reloading. I dont know if that helps mods to have such data but thought I would share that. Thanks again.

The coin url opened for me yesterday, but nothing about Syria.

Go Advanced for me showed a blank screen until just now!

Great job - THANKS PETER!! frank

Peter really put a lot of effort in getting this resolved. Took the day off of work to address the problem. These are the kinds of things that forum users never really get to see or understand. A lot of effort goes into keeping this site up and running and Peter has been by far the biggest reason that we get to continue to enjoy the forums.

Peter really put a lot of effort in getting this resolved. Took the day off of work to address the problem.............

I spoke to Peter myself last night about these issues. As Steve said he spend a long long day trying to rectify the situation. I'd like to add that some folks need to "log out" and "log back in" at times to reset their pc systems. Peter said that he could have done that for ""EVERYONE" 2 days ago, but there might have been some unhappy users.:(:cool:

Really I know a lot of you do not know what your password is, and neither does Peter. I would suggest that you write down your AACA Forum web site password somewhere so you can easily log back in if a web site issue ever happens again.

Wayne

The coin url opened for me yesterday, but nothing about Syria.

Go Advanced for me showed a blank screen until just now!

Great job - THANKS PETER!! frank

Ok, I give, ,,,, what does "coin url" mean ? KUDOS to all the staff but especially Peter for his role, sounds like he went above and beyond for all of us. Thank you Peter.

Guest shadetree77

All pages keep reloading, but no more coin url. HTH.

I'm experiencing this too Henry. I think the coinurl thing is still trying to load in the background causing the pages to reload themselves. As a matter of fact, the coinurl thing still shows itself on my smartphone.

Dave, coinurl is a website that we were getting transferred to any time we clicked something here on the forum. It is designed to transfer you to their site, then transfer you back to this one after a pre-determined amount of time. Sort of like a pop-up ad. The forum pages are still re-loading themselves though so it seems to me like the coinurl thing is still at work in the background. It's just moving so fast that it's almost imperceptible.

Guest Henry White

I logged out and rebooted as advised above and I "think" that cured it for me. I want to see how it acts today though before I declare my problem solved.

Peter really put a lot of effort in getting this resolved. Took the day off of work to address the problem. These are the kinds of things that forum users never really get to see or understand. A lot of effort goes into keeping this site up and running and Peter has been by far the biggest reason that we get to continue to enjoy the forums.
I would hazard to guess that this website is one of the heaviest used social websites out there not named Facebook or Twitter.

I should have the coinurl issues resolved.

I'm still addressing some issues but I think I've found the primary issues.

BJM - thanks for comparing this forum to facebook/twitter. Not in their league, but its certainly the most popular antique automobile forum on the net. In that I am very proud.

Reference post 29. Peter, I don't even CONSIDER using Facebook or Twitter, so that makes this site the top one ! There ! What'cha think about that ? Thanks to you and all the folks that make this part of my small world possible, I check it a lot, and respond occasionally, but just really appreciate and enjoy it. John

Guest shadetree77

All seems to be fixed on my end as well. I'm no longer experiencing the re-loading pages or the coinurl redirect on my smartphone. The forum is running fast and smooth as Steve said above. I agree with John too. I'm RARELY on Facebook and I don't do Twitter so for me, this IS the most popular social site on the web. Thanks Peter!

Guest Brando & Joanne

Thank you Peter for your hard work and diligence. Fellow webmasters know this is a huge task! Well done on recovering the forum.