Merry Christmas from W. Va.

Shop Rat

Guest bofusmosby

Merry Christmas to all the great people here on this site!

I am honored to be among this fine group of people with the same passion. A better group of people will never be found. As Christmas approaches, I am thankful for many things. Health, wealth (I have a job!), family, and many many friends! May the Lord Bless you with all that you need.

May the hard-to-find car part find a place under your tree.:)

We also would like to wish evryone a MERRY CHRISTMAS and a safe and HAPPY NEW YEAR! I agree the people on this forum are great and nice second family. Not sunny and warm here but we have a white Christmas. Neil and Barbara

Edited by papaw (see edit history)

Okay, here you go. This for all you people with your lovely Christmas photos of your vehicles. Woodstock felt left out and started whining about it. But the little dickens doesn't want to take off his warm jammies for the photo. Wimpy little German bucket of bolts!!! :D

post-36313-143138383698_thumb.jpg

Okay, here you go. This for all you people with your lovely Christmas photos of your vehicles. Woodstock felt left out and started whining about it. But the little dickens doesn't want to take off his warm jammies for the photo. Wimpy little German bucket of bolts!!! :D
That's nothing, I know a guy who pulled his old truck out of the shop last year and put lights on it...........

Merry Christmas from the Thorpe's. Home of the Griswold fire truck and AACA's first HPOF certified flag pole.:eek::eek::D:D

post-30988-143138384135_thumb.jpg

post-30988-143138384152_thumb.jpg

post-30988-143138384194_thumb.jpg

Hey Wayne, ever think maybe Santa is the guy who held up YOUR magazine this season?

Happy Holidays

<!-- google_ad_section_start(weight=ignore) -->msmazcol<!-- google_ad_section_end -->! He, "Santa?", delivered it yesterday! :confused::eek:

Really, mailed out on Nov, 14th!<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_829705", true); </SCRIPT> Will be checking with the postal services next week.:rolleyes:

Wayne

Guest bofusmosby
<!-- google_ad_section_start(weight=ignore) -->msmazcol<!-- google_ad_section_end -->! He, "Santa?", delivered it yesterday! :confused::eek:

Really, mailed out on Nov, 14th!<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_829705", true); </SCRIPT> Will be checking with the postal services next week.:rolleyes:

Wayne

Was it mailed via Pony Express?:D

Wayne

True story:

My main present this morning from my wife was 2 tickets to the Broadway musical Rain. They were mailed from 20 miles away Nov. 20. On Thursday they hadn't arrived, so she had to go through an elaborate procedure to have the tickets voided and have duplicates for them on call for the performance. She then spent hours putting together a packet explainng what happened, and what the tickets were for, so I'd have something to open Christmas morning.

The tickets came Friday (yesterday..., the next day...., Christmas Eve). :rolleyes:

That's nothing, I know a guy who pulled his old truck out of the shop last year and put lights on it...........

Merry Christmas from the Thorpe's. Home of the Griswold fire truck and AACA's first HPOF certified flag pole.:eek::eek::D:D

If that fire truck is older than 1960 it should be a 48 star flag for correctness.

Edited by Dave Mellor NJ (see edit history)

Wayne,

Your post office delivered the issue by way of New Jersey -- ESSEX COUNTY -- and their vehicle had a smoooooth-functioning Distillery-bypass Coil.

Happy holidays to you all

Had to read that to Gloria three times before she understood it, Marty.:)

Snowing here in the Northern Neck area right now. We're getting ready to drive to my daughter's 40 miles away for another Chirstmas stop. Neither rain, or even snow, will keep a Santa eyed kid acting adult away from presents and good food!!! :D

Wayne

I was thinking of posting this as a photo without comment but never could convince myself to do it. The more I think about it, it seems more appropriate to post it here in Susan's West Virginia Thread, after seeing Pat's fire truck photos....

So, forgive me but I can't quite resist....:D

post-47089-143138384684_thumb.jpg

Wayne,

Since the Post Office got your "Antique Automobile" there in less than two months, let us see if our Christmas card gets there before Valentine's Day.

Regards from Dale, too

Matt,

Loved the sleigh !

No snow here in the New Orleans area, but we had rain this morning, and now returning from a fantastic Christmas dinner with grandson Nathan at our daughter Charla's and Whitney's home, half an hour out in the country, the temp is down to 40 degrees with a 43 mph wind out of the NW. Insulated hooded sweatshirts for Dal;e and me.

Last night we continued our Christmas Eve tradition, probably unique to the swampy areas of Louisiana's River Parishes. We drove River Road, looking at the Bonfires which are built with seven tall poles in the shape of an Indian Teepee, and stacked bottom to top with layers of logs to burn all night. We passed more than 100 bonfires - each family usually has their own, and in the past, we have visited with old-car friends, each visitor adding a deep-dish of some sort to the gathering.

The real reason the bonfires were originally built this way years ago, was that Acadians (Cajuns) in this areas who had few roads, but travelled by river and bayou, and on winter nights the fog often gets as thick as Gumbo (pea soup for you northerners). The fires helped guide the worshipers to and from church for Christmas Midnight Mass.

Kids here would have no concept of Santa Claus, Snow, Sleigh, or Raindeer.

The story these French-Americans gave the children (so that they wouldn't worry about getting lost) was that the fires were to light the way for Pere Noel who came up the Bayou in a Batteau (boat) pulled by Gaston the Green-Nosed Alligator, bringing a sack full of toys for good little chi'rren. Books with these stories can be purchased at the gift shop at Oak Alley Plantation in Vacherie, LA, and at other locations.

Happy Holidays to all

post-54863-143138384709_thumb.jpg

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)

A belated Merry Christmas to everyone. Got up yesterday and made fresh biscuits and sasuage gravy and took it to Andrea's for breakfast. When she opened her gifts she got 6 quarts of motor oil. After the realative that was visiting, we went over to my folks, where she found Santa had left her an oil filter. Then we went to her uncle's, who happened to have the flu. Later we went to her aunt's (different family) where we had dinner and a packed house of family. The kids were out playing in the falling snow (it was just starting to stick to the ground about 7pm). got back home on the late side.

I got a Cobalt tool that is a multi socket wrench.

Wayne,

Since the Post Office got your "Antique Automobile" there in less than two months, let us see if our Christmas card gets there before Valentine's Day.

Regards from Dale, too

Got your card last week, Marty, it was first class, big difference. Thanks so much!

Still snowing here in Virginia. Cats, Rufus and Sam(black and white) wonder why I won't come out and play with them. :P

Weatherman saying 6 to 10 inches. I'll believe it when I see it. Heading out of here this evening for Erie, Pa where the real snow is! :)

Wayne

post-31395-143138384925_thumb.jpg

post-31395-143138384931_thumb.jpg

Burgess, my goodness, why would anyone leave somewhere with a little snow to go somewhere with a lot of it?!

Cousins left after supper last night headed back to Georgia, trying to beat the worst of it. His wife is from down there and don't know much about snow, but she'd as soon tangle with a bear as a snowflake, so it was leave last night instead of tomorrow morning as planned- when the Interstate road would have been good and clean!

And the three kids begged to stay so they could play in snow. The 16-year-old sez "My friends will never believe I actually got to build a snowman!"

'Course folks down there tell me they got a load of it too, so I 'spect there were snow people in Jawja.

Guest Oldengineer

Shop Rat:

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you from the other side of the Kanawha River. I live in Cross lanes.

Regards:

Oldengineer

48 Chevrolet Fleetmaster

Shop Rat:

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you from the other side of the Kanawha River. I live in Cross lanes.

Regards:

Oldengineer

48 Chevrolet Fleetmaster

Back across at ya'. We go through Cross Lanes frequently. Bill and I should meet you sometime for coffee, lunch, dinner and talk old cars. By the way, old engineer from where????

True story:

My main present this morning from my wife was 2 tickets to the Broadway musical Rain. They were mailed from 20 miles away Nov. 20. On Thursday they hadn't arrived, deduplicate files so she had to go through an elaborate procedure to have the tickets voided and have duplicates for them on call for the performance. She then spent hours putting together a packet explainng what happened, and what the tickets were for, so I'd have something to open Christmas morning.

The tickets came Friday (yesterday..., the next day...., Christmas Eve). :rolleyes:

Merry Christmas To All!!!!!!!

Guest Oldengineer

Shop Rat:

Currently I'm a senior engineer for Johnson Controls - out of the Nitro office. I'm about 1.5 years out from retirement. Started hitting some of the local cruise-ins and shows this past Summer as soon as I acquired the 48. If you were at any of the local stuff, and, saw a burgundy red 48 Fleetmaster Town Sedan on fat chrome wheels - that was me. Maybe we can meet sometime this coming Summer.

Regards:

Oldengineer