1954 Buick Landau - Outcome

progoofoff

more......recognize anybody?

100_2821.jpg

100_2824.jpg

and yes damnit, before anybody says anything, I forgot to bring my black shoes. :rolleyes::)

V

V

V

100_2800.jpg

Amelia4.jpg

100_2797.jpg

and lastly, I offered Bob the alternative of either contributing a small sum of $$ to Buick Gardens in exchange for destruction of the following electronic files but he declined. The first picture was his apparently unsuccessful attempt to bribe the judge, the second, his "I kept telling her I was married" scene and the third, well, if the blond had seen it she would have figured she didn't have a chance anyway!!!

100_2778.jpg

100_2779-1.jpg

100_2830.jpg

AND A GOOD TIME WAS HAD BY ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D;):)

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

I initially was going to come up with some Smart-A$$ comment about Mr. Earl

Then I looked at the pictures....

I honestly have become jaded to the beauty of the Landau, as the last few Nationals I have hung out with Bob and Lamar shootin' the breeze and BS'ing the days away. As I once again looked at the car in pictures in this setting, I realized how lucky...NAY ...fortunate, to have had the opportunity to be around this once in a lifetime automobile.

Thank you, Uncle Bob, for continuing to share the Landau with the automotive community whether you win a stupid $20 plastic trophy or not.

It is a gorgeous car.

Great pics, guys. One of my highlights attending the Danvers Meet was meeting Lamar, the 54 Landau, and Bob Coker who invited me to sit down so he could tell me more about this car.

I'll bet the car didn't place because on the sign somebody misspelled Harlow Curtice's name. What other possible reason could there have been???

I'll bet the car didn't place because on the sign somebody misspelled Harlow Curtice's name. What other possible reason could there have been???

Probably the shoes!!! :rolleyes: sorry Bob, :(

I noticed a lot of typo's in a lot of the signs. Good proof readers are hard to find these days I guess....

Great pics, guys. One of my highlights attending the Danvers Meet was meeting Lamar, the 54 Landau, and Bob Coker who invited me to sit down so he could tell me more about this car.

Second that. Ames, Ia, I had that privilege of meeting them and being allowed to sit behind the wheel for a photo. FANTASTIC!! I will bet Barry was just as impressed to have his picture taken with this pair. If he was,'t, shame on him.

Ben

Two very lucky guys and a lot of others. That Landau is the grand prize in itself, regardless what the judges say. Thanks for sharing these Lamar. And thanks for being a member of this community Bob. You guys are wonderful Buickmen!

Lamar and Bob: Looks like y'all had a T-riffic time there! Thanks for sharing all the photos and good times. I am really looking forward to meeting both of you in Charlotte this year. Heck, I;ll even bring some black shoe dye for you! :D

Glad everyone is enjoying the "show". I know I sure did. But Jim no need for the shoe dye, done took care of that. :)

Amelia15.jpg

Amelia14.jpg

and in case everyone hasn't recognized the guy in the glasses, that would be Car Crazy Barry Meguiar. And he was the same in person as on TV. Always wanting to get up close to the person he's interviewing, know what I'm talking about? Great guy though. Almost died about a year ago of viral pneumonia or something like that. Brought him closer to God he says.

And the other guy there is Fred Zwicker who is restoring a '54 Special and will have it at Charlotte. He also has a '57 and has just purchased an extremely low mileage '56 Century Convertible. He owns TP Tools, a great auto restoration tool company. Check it out. Tip Plus Corp. dba Tp Tools & Equipment - Local Business - Canfield - Photos | Facebook

Met some other sorta famous folks too but let's not get too far OT here.

Guest shadetree77
Always wanting to get up close to the person he's interviewing, know what I'm talking about?

HAHA!! I thought I was the only one that noticed that!! I always thought he was a bit touchy-feely on the show!:DGreat pictures Lamar. Looks like you had a wonderful experience. Watch out for those copperheads in the yard this week!!

HAHA!! I thought I was the only one that noticed that!! I always thought he was a bit touchy-feely on the show!:D Great pictures Lamar. Looks like you had a wonderful experience. Watch out for those copperheads in the yard this week!!

I noticed it too. I don't watch the show often, but when I do, it just about drives me crazy. :eek:

If he were interviewing God, I'm sure he'd be drawn even closer ;):D

Thanks for posting the pictures. Just having the Buick at great shows like Amelia Island helps the cause.

See all of you at Charlotte, looking forward to seeing old Buick friends and meeting new ones.

Hats Off to Bob Coker. As the son of the man who saved the Landau, I can't tell you how proud my Father would be today...Bob Coker has done a first-class job with the Landau. I saw it in October of 08 and was dismayed by the shoddy interior; Mr. Coker has done a masterful job of restoring the Landau to its original stature. Many thanks Bob, and please let me know who the new owner is...

Rob Blair

blairr40@yahoo.com

Austin, TX

512-924-6778

Hats Off to Bob Coker. As the son of the man who saved the Landau, I can't tell you how proud my Father would be today...Bob Coker has done a first-class job with the Landau. I saw it in October of 08 and was dismayed by the shoddy interior; Mr. Coker has done a masterful job of restoring the Landau to its original stature. Many thanks Bob, and please let me know who the new owner is...

Rob Blair

blairr40@yahoo.com

Austin, TX

512-924-6778

:eek: huh???????? :eek::eek::eek:

You gotta love Photoshop! :D Next thing you know MrEarl will pop in a few more celebrities during his meet and greet! :)

What is the deal 'bout the Landau and the "New Owner":confused::confused::confused:

You gotta love Photoshop! :D Next thing you know MrEarl will pop in a few more celebrities during his meet and greet! :)

What is the deal 'bout the Landau and the "New Owner":confused::confused::confused:

I think Mr Blair may have been under the impression that the car was in Saturday's RM auction. Which is a scary thought.

I'm sure glad y'all had a good time Romancing the Sexiest Buick of them all. The Buick Landau! :) (Oh the well endowed Dolly Pardons afixed to that bumper. :P) It is always a pleasure to see the car and the two of you having a grand time with her. :cool: Hope to rub elbows with y'all again someday. :D Dandy Dave!

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)

Lamar and Bob what a beautiful sight.

I believe you might say a few people seen on the big screen got to rub elbows with 2 of the classiest gents anywhere. Aka Bob and Lamar.

shoot I reckon. take this picture for instance. Can't you just see it in Wayne Chasing Classic Cars Carini's face? "Man I'm getting my picture taken with MrEarl, how cool is that?!! "

100_2873.jpg

Amelia will never be the same, not after Robert E and me :D

Can't believe nobody has commented on this engine or axed what it was in..... I had just finished tellin Wayne right befo the picture was took, to get his ass out of the way boy so folks can see dat beautiful dual quad 425 Nailhead engine.

Can't believe nobody has commented on this engine or axed what it was in..... I had just finished tellin Wayne right befo the picture was took, to get his ass out of the way boy so folks can see dat beautiful dual quad 425 Nailhead engine.

OMG, that is stinking gorgeous, what car is it in?????????????