GIRLS ON BUICKS

Guest imported_MrEarl

My Wife is a librarian and runs into censorship often. People from organizations used to steal books they felt inappropriate. I guess someone told them stealing wasn't really in line with their cause. A library page came to her one day after dusting and asked why books were on top of the shelves. Upon checking she found the titles that were previously stolen.

Personally, I have owned and polished my '64 for 38 full years. There are three locations on the body of that car where the shape of the sheet metal is very pleasing, if you have experienced it. One is the razor body line at the leading edge of the front fender, the second is the trailing edge of the rear quarters, and, third, the rise at the sail panel. Without experience one is left in a world of little tiny fins and portholes.

The Riviera in the picture was a mess and should have been in that Buick pictures I don't like section.

Bernie

12 hours ago, MrEarl said:

Ok "gentlemen" , a few posts were getting a bit "dirty" so had to "dust" them. Please remember this is a Buick forum, let's maintain the class it deserves. 

Can you at least post the pictures again?  ;)

• Like 4

13 hours ago, MrEarl said:

Ok "gentlemen" , a few posts were getting a bit "dirty" so had to "dust" them. Please remember this is a Buick forum, let's maintain the class it deserves. 

Just glad I saw the young lady doing her dusting before your spring clean Mr Earl!!

• Like 2

On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 8:10 AM, 60FlatTop said:

Photo shoots can be hard, Sometimes you just have to keep a stiff upper lip and bear it.

Bernie

Careful now, your talking about somebody's grandma !!!!!

Enough of this nonsense, I'm going back to page 12 !!!!!

Edited by FLYER15015 (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Do I dare post a picture of my mom on this thread?

Here's my Granddad's car, can't tell the model but it is a 1940 Buick.  This is Mom posing; my Grandmother might have been showing off her daughters new coat or my Granddad was showing off the new tires on the car.  Depends on which one of them was taking the photo.

5932ae7e5adf4_MargaretmillevilleNJ_Page_1.thumb.jpg.bb54788fb42e159919f9cb4fbd4cc83e.jpg

January 3, 2019 - Rest in peace

Edited by kgreen (see edit history)
  • Like 9

12 hours ago, kgreen said:

Buick 51.jpg

Went to a restaurant last week when I came out 2 kids were on my hood with shoes on! parents taking photos 

bit concerned , but thankfully no damage , would never have let my girls do such a thing ,but would be good to see them in the above pose , will see when they visit .

Edited by Pilgrim65
Addition (see edit history)
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pilgrim65 said:

Went to a restaurant last week when I came out 2 kids were on my hood with shoes on! parents taking photos 

bit concerned , but thankfully no damage , would never have let my girls do such a thing 

jeezum crow!!!

Parents apparent justified response: "Don't get all huffy on me it's just a car!"

21 hours ago, Pilgrim65 said:

bit concerned , but thankfully no damage , would never have let my girls do such a thing ,

I have to agree, that is NOT an acceptable situation of those kids!

Growing up with "old cars" my Dad always invited the neighbour kids if they wanted to have a ride? He then proceeded to explain how old the car was and not to scratch the paint and bounce around on the original upholstery. 

Those "kids" today always remembered those experiences and when I see them occasionally (most recently at his funeral) they reminded me of how special they thought not only the experience was but that they got a real appreciation of "old cars". 

5943d3cabeda3_1920Overland-RidesforEveryone-July1982-copy.thumb.jpg.ffac53bb26ab5a214f6efdf625c00aac.jpg

Guess that's maybe why I have not put money into "restoring" my Buick to "show standards". 

The people who I invite to have a seat in her or go for a ride with me get an appreciation for an "old car". :unsure:

In keeping with this thread, here is another shot of my daughter-in-law on the Special.

IMG_1278.thumb.JPG.8461897b450d85cbcaf41269aaf6255c.JPG

• Like 4

2 hours ago, 60FlatTop said:

Around here it's "brush the back of your pants off before you get near the car".

Kids out in public with shoes and not in church!

0748b0149c8a8bc8538ca7e256e4e255.jpg

As with part of my post, not a Buick but... LOVE IT!