BUICK TRUCKS

Guest imported_MrEarl

• 2 weeks later...
Well, this has definitely been the topic of conversations, e-mails, and phone calls. Right now there are three obstacles, none of them immovable - new shop isn't built yet (through a series of unfortunate events) so no storage here at the moment, con-vincing the Minister of Finance to allow this line item to be added to the budget - lobbying is still occurring, winter has begun, so snow is on the ground, making moving stuff and towing a bit less desirable.

At any rate, I thought I'd share some of the photos I have received. The truck is missing the trim piece that fits between the two pieces of the windshield as is the exterior passenger door handle. Otherwise, everything is supposed to be there. Larry has offered to look at the truck and I may yet take him up on that. Is there anyone closer to Mt. Pleasant (about 70 miles north of Lansing) who might be able to look at it in person?

Well, curiousity got the better of me the other day. I had friday off and went and checked this old gal out. It is a 23-47 5 pass sedan converted into a truck. It was done very nicely, interior and exterior. The cyl block has a bad crack init,water was left in it for the winter. all in all a nice vehicle, but not original. He has reduced his price to $5500, but might take a little less. I have e-mailable pics if anyone is interested. http://battlecreek.craigslist.org/cto/3056166423.html

Mark

Edited by Robberbach (see edit history)

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
No more trucks? I had to go back 9 pages to find this thread.

Hear ya go leonbee

Two vintage original photos of a 1931 Buick Pickup Truck.

This belonged to Charles Howard Automobile Company. Charles

Howard the the largest distributor of Buicks on the west coast.

This was probably a one off he had made and used at his

San Francisco dealership.

photos on eBay now...

Vintage Photo 1931 Buick Service Pickup Truck Howard Automobile San Francisco | eBay

auto21.jpg

auto22.jpg

Guest BigDogDaddy
Post # 204, what is that 2-wheel piece in its temporary resting spot on the back bumper?

Dale in Indy

I look like it is too big to be a hand truck. It looks like it might be a dollie. Maybe it could be used to move a disabled vehicle, possible making the truck into a tow truck. Just a guess.

Guest BigDogDaddy

The sign on the door is the Buick logo. On the top it says APPROVED or maybe it says AUTHORIZED, and on the bottom is says SERVICE. So it says Authorized Buick Service, or Approved Buick Service.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
The original engine has been swapped with a Model A running gear for more drivability.

Good grief. Parts availability, OK, but driveability? Really? Sigh.

NOT a Buick truck!

If you read the description it has a Ford Model A engine and drivetrain.

Vin shows it to have started as an E-35 Touring.

The 1918 E-4 trucks are in the serial number range of 337783-340282

As I suspected. Just a pile of parts that some hot rod guys threw together. Putting in ford parts and calling it a Buick. There's just something wrong about that. They just as well should have put a 455 and 400 Turboglide in it and at least kept it Buick. Some street rod guy may fall in love with it. It will never be anymore than a pile of jumbled up parts. No room in my Barn for anything like that. In fact, anyone that buys it, Ol Dandy Dave will have to charge double for repairs if you bring it around here. Dandy Dave!

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Mr. Earl, you have simply got to tell me WHERE you got the 'Buick Trucks' Sign Post graphics from. That is really something that I have never seen before. If you do not want to discuss this on the forum then send me a PM and we can talk about it that way. I think every Buick enthusiast in the world knows that I am a huge Buick literature collector and this is right up my alley and down my street as one would say. Terry Wiegand terrywiegand@prodigy.net

• 4 months later...

I came across these pictures of this 23 Buick made into a pickup in different places. I had the pics for years before I realized they were of the same car. I don't think they have been posted to this thread before. Anyway I thought it was a cool truck dripping with vintage mojo.

post-48796-143142461162_thumb.jpg

post-48796-143142461157_thumb.jpg

post-48796-143142461159_thumb.jpg

As a Buick driver and owner since I was 17 that Enclave was not a Buick or a Buick wagon by any standard. Put 25,000 miles on one. They called it a crossover, but I think it was a wool over. One car, the Lucerne. Then the Enclave, Terraza, and the Rainer was all they offered. Tahoe with a V8, separate body and frame, and rear wheel drive for me if I ever wear out the Silverado.

post-46237-143142471791_thumb.jpg

Bernie

• 4 weeks later...
Guest shadetree77

This one (or one like it) has been on here before but these are different pictures. Might even be a different truck as I've heard there were more than one made. The logo on the door is different than the other one posted a few pages back. Still an awesome looking truck.

post-75106-143142520304_thumb.jpg

post-75106-143142520308_thumb.jpg

Just read this thread. My first car was a 25-25 converted for use on the farm. Thats me at 17 taking my father for a drive. It spent many a night down the back paddock, because it wouldn,t start once it was hot.

post-64273-143142527996_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
This one (or one like it) has been on here before but these are different pictures. Might even be a different truck as I've heard there were more than one made. The logo on the door is different than the other one posted a few pages back. Still an awesome looking truck.

More on the story here http://buickman2.wordpress.com/1940-buick-roadmaster-pickup/

Just read this thread. My first car was a 25-25 converted for use on the farm. Thats me at 17 taking my father for a drive. It spent many a night down the back paddock, because it wouldn,t start once it was hot.

Looks like a pretty nicely done conversion. You Aussies never cease to amaze me with what you do with old iron down there.

249217d1400777607-buick-trucks-49410d1266725891-40-years-between-buicks-img_1597.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Steve, I am thinking 1923 was the last year for Buick trucks? If so perhaps it was a typo or perhaps you read the 23 as 28. You gave the seller's phone number, if anyone is interested enough then they could just CALL THE MAN. No matter what the end result, thanks for posting!!!!!