BUICK TRUCKS

Guest imported_MrEarl

• 7 months later...
Well lo and behold, look a here what I found.

a friend found this on MySpace, will report more when I know it.

Mr Earl, browsing today, came upon this thread again. Did you ever find more on the '54 Buick truck?? Sure lookrd interesting.

Ben

Wow Ben, thanks for bringing that back up. It's only been a year but I barely remember posting that. I need to do some googleing. ;)

post-31987-143138275166_thumb.jpg

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I ran across a Buick truck with a 1918 Pennsylvania liccense last week used as a display at our local WalMart. I couldn't find anything about it but snapped these pictures

You are invited to view cbloomberg's photo album: 2010-09-10

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>download?mid=1%5f11363%5fAMHOjkQAAXfJTIpTqQfNTlzEAEY&pid=3&fid=Inbox&inline=1

</TD><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 0.7em; COLOR: #666" vAlign=top>2010-09-10

Apr 8, 2010

by cbloomberg

View Album

Play slideshow

Contribute photos to this album

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Message from cbloomberg:

1918 (?) Buick truck seen at Walmart in Grapevine. This is being used for advertising but it appears to be a complete vehicle. I could not open the doors or hood but took these pictures without touching anything.

If you are having problems viewing this email, copy and paste the following into your browser:

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=Chuckbloomberg&target=ALBUM&id=5515311701730846785&authkey=Gv1sRgCLLkvt2Rys7BRg&feat=email

To share your photos or receive notification when your friends share photos, get your own free Picasa Web Albums account.

Sorry I didn't think to look for a number or know where to look. When I went back to the store a few days later it was already gone. I have no idea where it may show up next. I think it belongs to some fertilizer or seed company whosw peoducts were being displayed in the garden section of the store.

• 3 weeks later...
Can someone help with info on this. I believe it was a calendar photo.

edit) 1923 maybe?

353657-1923_BUICK_PRODUCE_WAGON.jpg

post #50...

i remember seeing this truck at a barrett jackson scottsdale auction about 2002... maybe 2004... my memory isn't clear. think it sold for about $15000.:confused:

• 1 month later...

Thriller,

Here is one for you.

Larry

1923 BUICK PICKUP

Date: 2010-11-15, 9:31AM

1923 BUICK PICKUP, AS PICTURES BELOW SHOW TRUCK IS IN EXCELLENT CONDITION, GOOD PAINT, GOOD TIRES, OAK BOX, AND WITH VELOUR INTERIOR. GAUGES NOT INSTALLED IN DASH BUT COME WITH TRUCK AS WELL AS MOST ANYTHING ELSE MISSING. HOWEVER, MOTOR BLOCK CRACKED DUE TO FREEZING AND HAS BEEN REMOVED, TRIED TO GET REPAIRED WITH LIMITED SUCCESS. ALL MOTOR PARTS APPEAR TO BE IN BED OF TRUCK. HAVE ORIGINAL TITLE AND CURRENT TITLE. $14,500.00. FOR MORE INFORMATION OR TO SEE CALL 989-621-5451.

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Original URL: 1923 BUICK PICKUP

Thanks Larry.

Does anyone in the Flint area know this truck? An SD4?

Next question...without me checking my books, would '23 and '26 have the same / similar engines? I have the 26-20 parts car with a more or less complete drivetrain (of course, I don't know condition).

Sigh...The Boss made a comment about not having extra money around...that can be worked around though.

Sigh...The Boss made a comment about not having extra money around...that can be worked around though.

Please for the love of GOD let us all in on how this "Work Around" is accomplished! :eek:

...the "Easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission" thing has never panned out to be true for me. :o

At one point, the Bugle ran a feature on a late '40s Buick converted into a tow truck. It was med blue, unrestored, I seem to remember a side-mount spare (behind the greenhouse), and it was fascinating.

There was another one in a junkyard in PA, red this time, rough but restorable (ain't anything restorable? ;) ), had the boom & was very similar to the Bugle one. Bunch of compartment doors in the back (bed). Was a '46-48 (disremember). Didn't get a pic, but it was there in the early '08. I need to get back there...........

Please for the love of GOD let us all in on how this "Work Around" is accomplished! :eek:

...the "Easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission" thing has never panned out to be true for me. :o

We've got plenty of space on a home equity line of credit...it just means more debt. That said, I'm not sure I want to take on more debt either...maybe that is just the asking forgiveness part in the background.

The way Suzanne's income works is that we have a lump of cash in spring around tax time and it slowly dwindles over the course of the year. This year, the new building was the plan. Next year we have a pretty extensive renovation planned for the house. At some point, it will go more into savings and restoration.

Thanks Roberta...and by the magic of the Internet, you don't know right now if that is genuine or sarcastic.

I did send an e-mail and got a response...these are folks that really would rather deal over the phone...sigh. I guess I'll have to call in the next couple of days as it's too late tonight.

Bugle, Sept '09, pg 20 shows smaller pic of beautiful red '42 Buick truck, owner Paul Meyer (state unknown).

-- -- -- -- --

Found the pic I referfenced in post #147- wasn't in the Bugle, but in Car & Parts from '00. Lil pic showed factory 3-piece backlight moved up to make a tight coupe roofline, white roof over blue body, sidemount behind pass door, boom looks like it folds down under bed doors. Has stock RR bumper & rear fenders, with a bed 'slid' in between.

Caption reads "Converted for use as a tow truck, this 1950 Roadmaster sedan was a real novelty, attracting tons of attention. Note side-mounted spare. Seller was hoping for offer close to $12K. It needed a lot of work."

Was clearly spotted at a show, is wearing a yellow on blue plate, but I don't know where this car or show was. The car I mentioned seeing above in the PA junkyard in '08 was very similar to this one. It definitely was '46-52, tho I'm leaning toward '46-48. Super unique piece, very intriguing.

Here's my truck and latest project. It's a 1934 sedan that was cut down into a farm ute ( that's what we Aussies call a pick-up )

Last used back in 1964, sat ever since. Not worthy of an original restoration I'm going to modify it run modern drive train yet still retain most of the authentic look externally.

The back of the sedan has been chopped off at 90 degrees and looks horrible so I'm going to graft on a rear cab section off a Chev truck to give it more rounded appearance and build a nice tray.

post-41457-143138355607_thumb.jpg

post-41457-14313835561_thumb.jpg

post-41457-143138355613_thumb.jpg

Thriller,

Here is one for you.

Larry

1923 BUICK PICKUP

Date: 2010-11-15, 9:31AM

Well, this has definitely been the topic of conversations, e-mails, and phone calls. Right now there are three obstacles, none of them immovable - new shop isn't built yet (through a series of unfortunate events) so no storage here at the moment, con-vincing the Minister of Finance to allow this line item to be added to the budget - lobbying is still occurring, winter has begun, so snow is on the ground, making moving stuff and towing a bit less desirable.

At any rate, I thought I'd share some of the photos I have received. The truck is missing the trim piece that fits between the two pieces of the windshield as is the exterior passenger door handle. Otherwise, everything is supposed to be there. Larry has offered to look at the truck and I may yet take him up on that. Is there anyone closer to Mt. Pleasant (about 70 miles north of Lansing) who might be able to look at it in person?

post-32068-143138355925_thumb.jpg

post-32068-14313835593_thumb.jpg

post-32068-143138355936_thumb.jpg

post-32068-143138355942_thumb.jpg

post-32068-143138355946_thumb.jpg

post-32068-14313835595_thumb.jpg

post-32068-143138355954_thumb.jpg

I posted these photos somewhere in the forum about a year ago, but this is certainly an appropriate thread to run them again. Oh how I would love to put one of these together someday. This Buick was the "Field Car" for the first Naturalist hired by the National Park Service. I first saw it on the "Ken Burns National Parks" series on PBS when that first aired - highly recommend if you get a chance to see it.

post-30737-143138356317_thumb.jpg

post-30737-143138356319_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...
Guest 75RivGS

1928 on CL:

This is a 1928 Buick Pickup. One of a kind. Originally owned by a gentleman who worked for the Dayco paint division of Buick for 40 years. I have the title and history of this vehicle with lots of paperwork. It was stored in a barn in CA until the mid 80's, and was last registered in CA in the early 70s.

I bought this truck to build something different but life gets in the way and it never happened. How cool this would be on some Skylark wires and a dressed out Nailhead. It is completely free of rust but it is going to take someone who is a handy metal fabricator and can bump out rough spots. It is complete, if you are wondering if it has the door or not. The engine even makes noise and smoke if you bottle feed it. First picture in photobucket album listed below is photoshopped.

Call John at 512 ....... for questions.

1928 Buick pickup

100_1317.jpg

100_1297.jpg

More photos:

buick pickup pictures by halogrinder - Photobucket

Edited by 75RivGS (see edit history)

• 4 months later...

No hook that I recall. I suspect it was more of a service / tire delivery type of vehicle. I am going to try to get the story...I want this truck because it is well done.

Based in part on what this fellow had, I believe it is either a '27 or '28. It isn't good in the original, but from the emblem, I believe it to be a McLaughlin-Buick (all the more reason for me to have it). Unfortunately, there was no data plate on the firewall for a model (like my '29, or a '28 that was in the same building) - I would presume that one would want the Master rather than Standard to turn into a truck. The hood was in the shop as well, but I can't recall whether there were fenders kicking around.

I will touch base with some of the others that were on the tour to see if they have other photos, or can recall any other details about this vehicle.

This was part of a neat collection. He also had a '27 Buick with the offset driver's seat (i.e. the passenger seat was wider and set further back than the single driver's seat) and a 2 door McLaughlin-Buick sedan or coupe.