BUICK TRUCKS

Guest imported_MrEarl

On 1/22/2021 at 5:43 PM, zeke01 said:

Personally, I would rather ride in a manure spreader. To each his own and there is no accounting for taste. Zeke

Zeke01, I don't know if you've ever ridden a manure spreader, but we lived just north of Fort Wayne, IN in the early 1970s with the pungent aroma of Amish farms for neighbors. 

For my part, I'll take that red '50 Buick / El Camino mod any day of the week-

so, yes, there is no accounting for taste, but if I had a damaged Buick worth saving, needed a light truck, and had the needed skills,

Like Ben, I'd proudly drive that red Buick !

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Marty Roth said:

Zeke01, I don't know if you've ever ridden a manure spreader, but we lived just north of Fort Wayne, IN in the early 1970s with the pungent aroma of Amish farms for neighbors. 

For my part, I'll take that red '50 Buick / El Camino mod any day of the week-

so, yes, there is no accounting for taste, but if I had a damaged Buick worth saving, needed a light truck, and had the needed skills,

Like Ben, I'd proudly drive that red Buick !

Opinions are like elbows. Most everyone have a couple, and yes, I have first hand knowledge of manure spreaders. Zeke

Edited by zeke01
Misspelling (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
13 hours ago, Elpad said:

B1066E43-F9EF-46CD-AC8A-3BA753AB348D.jpeg

Looks like a funeral home flower car. My future mother-in-law's funeral home had a '63 Cadillac flower car that they retired when I was 18. I wanted to buy it to use as a pickup, but at 18 I didn't have the money or know-how to add a tailgate to make it useful as a pickup.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Machine Gun said:

I imagine that the market for that sort of thing would be very, very limited in the Netherlands.

I think we'd be surprised. It is not my cup of tea but the market for US cars has always been lively over here and pick ups have become immensely popular the last few years among entrepreneurs because of fiscal advantages. I can imagine that rural living boys/men actually are interested in this one. Because of its age over 40 years we aren't charged for any motor vehicle taxes (which are insanely high over here, I pay €2k/yr for my Citroën diesel) and insurance is very cheap... 

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...