BUICK CRASHES!!!

Guest imported_MrEarl

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Machine Gun said:

I'm amazed that they were able to park it so perfectly after all that. They sure don't build them like they used to!

Yeah, Thank God. Today's cars may looked totally mangled on the outside but for the most part the passsenger compartment remains pretty safe - air bags all over the place, no metal on the doors or dash, shoulder belts with inertia reels, collapsible steering columns, and the outer body crumbles and dissipates a lot of energy.  You stay in the safety cage. The car looks like hell but you survive. I'm betting there were no survivors in that one.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RivNut said:

Yeah, Thank God. Today's cars may looked totally mangled on the outside but for the most part the passsenger compartment remains pretty safe - air bags all over the place, no metal on the doors or dash, shoulder belts with inertia reels, collapsible steering columns, and the outer body crumbles and dissipates a lot of energy.  You stay in the safety cage. The car looks like hell but you survive. I'm betting there were no survivors in that one.  

So true, and I agree. My comment was tongue-in-cheek of course. Most of our Buicks are in the stone age with regard to occupant safety, and that's the only thing that takes the edge off my complete enjoyment while driving my Skylark. But I'm not going to drive it any less! As I'm fond of saying, if you have to die anyway, why not die from something you like?

Edited by Machine Gun (see edit history)
  • Haha 1

If you really want to see the difference in classic cars and modern car safety go to Utube and search “1959 Chevrolet crash test.  The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety crashed a 2009 Malibu and a 1959 Belair in one of their standard tests. The difference is amazing.  

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Elpad said:

315143A8-F518-4200-86E5-4A374AF03F27.jpeg

Officer, I couldn't see your car because it seems to be an "Unmarked" unit,

doesn't say "Police" on the door -

just another "Black and White"

Why did you back up into me?

• 2 weeks later...

You are so fortunate that happened there instead of out on the road. I had a similar experience a couple of years ago while backing my Skylark out of the garage. No damage, fortunately. That was the day I decided to convert to a dual circuit brake system.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...