driving now ….

Jim

IMG_1216.jpeg.2d0f455cf7141b77c052174feef408ef.jpeg

IMG_1215.jpeg.b3c9f5389561c3d27de2bb69181c0523.jpeg

IMG_1213.jpeg.f8b4f017ef032df6f6e66ca2f84dca22.jpeg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/5/2024 at 7:09 PM, Larry Schramm said:

And since we are from Mich and the tour was in South Carolina we stopped to see some things that you would not be able to see in Mich.  Where cotton comes from and how it is grown and an armadillo up close.  A dead one, but not squished like a bug on the side of the road.

We do all sorts of things on tours with the grandsons.

image000000 (27).jpg

image000000 (28).jpg

There is a possum in the Smithsonian.   The only one that ever made it across the road.

• Haha 1

The real reason the chicken crossed the road was to prove to the possum that it CAN be done.

I didn't realize armadillo had made it as far north as South Carolina. They carry diseases so I'd as soon they don't come to Southern Virginia, but they've been sighted 50 miles south of here. Hopefully your grandsons didn't get too close.

On 8/22/2024 at 7:25 PM, rocketraider said:

Do these guys know how cool the car they're standing with is? It is difficult to beat a GM Skywagon for coolness factor.

The one on his knees just spotted an even cooler Vista Cruiser and look at the smile on his face🙂. Just kidding I think they are both super!

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, keiser31 said:

What's he drawing?

We were at the drafting tables in the A-C-D Museum and he was drawing his impression of an early 1930s Full Classic Roadster.

He still has that drawing.

By the way, he's a concert musician with a Masters in Fine Arts - Trumpet Performance,

and paying off student loans by driving Towing & Recovery and Repo.

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Towing and recovery is a job that requires thought, and understanding of geometry and engineering. Rewarding job.

Repo man? 😬 Scary job.

A young friend worked repo for a furniture rental company while he was in tech school. He had to go into some sketchy areas and deal with some scary people. I worried about him the whole time he worked that job. He's a car guy of sorts but his thing is newer cars and especially Ford EcoBoost trucks.

• Like 2

This is a photo I've posted before bit is my all time favorite of me and a car. The little red-haired boy closest to the Model T13tgXN_g.jpeg.jpg.908c924567d625324a995b0bfdd68f56.jpg is me, the very first time I saw my dad's 1927 Model T Fordor.  The hobby hook set pretty hard.

• Like 9

Well, I guess my 1931 Dodge made an impression on the kids in my first post on this thread. I saw their grandparents this evening and they told us that the car and sitting in it was all the kids could talk about. They LOVED it! Hopefully, I started a bug in one of them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, ericmac said:

This is a photo I've posted before bit is my all time favorite of me and a car. The little red-haired boy closest to the Model T13tgXN_g.jpeg.jpg.908c924567d625324a995b0bfdd68f56.jpg is me, the very first time I saw my dad's 1927 Model T Fordor.  The hobby hook set pretty hard.

Is that Nova towing the T and its trailer?😳

And people now think you have to have 1-ton Diesel dually to tow anything.

23 hours ago, ericmac said:

Love the idea of a Chevy II Nova towing the trailer and Model-T

On 8/27/2024 at 1:12 PM, rocketraider said:

Towing and recovery is a job that requires thought, and understanding of geometry and engineering. Rewarding job.

Repo man? 😬 Scary job.

A young friend worked repo for a furniture rental company while he was in tech school. He had to go into some sketchy areas and deal with some scary people. I worried about him the whole time he worked that job. He's a car guy of sorts but his thing is newer cars and especially Ford EcoBoost trucks.

Yes, I'm always concerned about his Repo work, but he IS paying off his student loans