Ok Guess what my new toy is that is forcing me to sell my Hudson Pickup

auburnseeker

So a few of you were wondering what the new toy might be, as to why I finally decided to part with the 47 Hudson.  (see the ad in the for sale section if you always wanted one) Yes I put the horse before the cart this time.  Sometimes you can't wait. 

We'll play a little game as before,  since alot of you seemed to like guessing.  

I think this will be easier than the last.  We'll start with a photo.  This is a close op of a part.

A few insiders here,  know what it is,  so please refrain from blurting the answer out. ;)  

image.jpeg.4138c8e558bc6fb942a4a4e984cbdc0a.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, auburnseeker said:

I didn't worry about passengers when I bought the 33 Plymouth coupe.  That's never a consideration in my purchases.   I think I can count on one hand the number of times my kids have ridden with me. 

Probably not the car……..just how you drive? 😝

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

The reflections (including you) in the taillight bucket suggest a speedster or similar body with rear fenders rising above rear deck, V'd bumper common to several including Auburn, looks like center gas cap (or camera lens cover?) so what better for an Auburnseeker than a (maybe supercharged) 1933 Auburn boattail Speedster.

Edited by Gunsmoke (see edit history)
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, yachtflame said:

I’m gonna have to look you up when I go to the lake house next week. We’re in Pilot Knob at the end of the road. 

I visited with Randy last week at the Pierce meet. Got a tour of his collection and the new building. Let me say, that building will knock your socks off. Can’t spill the beans on his new toy, or a few of the secret toys he has that I got to eyeball last week. He and his wife are first rate car people. His place puts mine to shame. He IS the king of “honey due” projects around the house. Where he finds time to get anything accomplished is beyond me.

Finally got to see the Auburn I played a small part of him acquiring. It’s beautiful, just like his daughter named after the car. Wonderful young lady. Sure wish he was my next door neighbor…….he has anything you need for a project around the house, big or small.

Thanks for the bottle of Crown! 😎

Yachtflame……..is a 30 year close friend with pre war LaSalles. Good guy.

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Like 3

Ed it was nice to finally meet you.  

Thanks for the glowing review, though I think you have embellished it all a bit. 

Of course maybe not the honey do list.  That's more of a book with chapters now though I am equally responsible for filling it. ;) 

I can hardly imagine our place tops yours. I do try to make it look nice around here,  which is more of a full time job than I thought when I started.  Mother nature never sleeps. 

I do have some toys,  but all those seem to create more work when I use them,  so I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not. 

Of course if you lived next door I could tell the wife you were using it so I would have a scape goat for a few days. 

I was eyeballing a D4 dozer I had offered for trade on the Brockway.   What do you think do I need one of those too?  The sad part is I was actually giving it some serious thought. 

Hope to see you again in the future and maybe give you a ride in the Auburn you helped me find next time.

Get the D-8 ………go large!

Dozers tend to hang around………better to rent one when you need it every 15 years.

• Like 1

Yeah I figured the dozer might not be the best trade.  Thought last fall it would have been mighty tempting when I was doing all that dozing with my little Kubota 121 Excavator.   If they hadn't sold the one here in town right before I inquired,  I probably would have had it. 

My only problem with renting is I found I often end up needing it again right after renting it.   You also tend to do more projects when you own the equipment.  Good and bad,  but in the end you get more done. 

You didn't even get to see the mile of groomed finish mowed trails or the upper field my wife calls the graveyard.  Nice view from up there. 

I'm not sure if she named it that because of all the rocks I have to weed eat around or that It will kill me one of these days trying to weed eat it all.   I don't know if there is more than 10 square feet on any part that doesn't contain one or more rocks.   looks nice all trimmed up though and mother nature will reclaim it in record time if I don't keep her tamed down. 

We have an old Polish dairy farm. The “back 30” is how we refer to the pond and back pasture. We built on the “front 30” and our driveway is similar to yours……..long and rolling. Plowing 1200 feet isn’t a job for a pick up truck……and thus I bought my first piece of equipment….John Deere, not that “orange” stuff you have! 😇

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)

Around here they just charge alot more for the Deere.  My orange stuff has been pretty good so far,  though I'm thinking of upgrading the tractor to just a little bigger.  We'll see.  Right now I'm still really in the hole.  I'm sure the wife will call in her loan before I head out to the dealer though to keep me in check. ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

You are right about plowing.  I couldn't imagine trying to plow this with a truck.   Of course I imagine part of the trick is to plow before the first 12 inches accumulates.  I usually wait until after that.  The trick is to catch it before the next 12 inches piles up,  She really doesn't like to plow 2 feet of snow.   I like to only do it once so I usually wait until the end of the storm.  

Next winter toy is going to be one of these.  I need something to put that boss V plow on that came with my side by side.   It's way to big for that little machine.

333299030_1897417183949992_5669327225262437036_n.jpg

• Like 3

Too bad. I saw pictures of that White coupe years ago! Boy, IF I could simply have any horseless carriage car I wanted in the world? That White coupe would be very close to the top of my list!

That White coupe is the car I was dreaming of when I had my "by the skin of it's teeth 1915/'16"  model T center-door sedan almost thirty years ago!

And, why is it? I keep wanting to say "but, that coupe is blue?"

A-S, I may not have a clue as to what guess to make? But I am enjoying the thread!

• Like 1

On 6/26/2023 at 7:14 PM, vintagerodshop said:

There's a pre war White club?20230626_153855.jpg.aef4f5bcb1b5a072bf9d1f73565433b0.jpg

I was bidding on the thing at the Mark Smith auction two months ago...........and went beyond what I wanted..........someone with a bigger wallet and smaller brain bought it..........was it you?

• Haha 1

I believe that White coupe was the one Austin Clark had for decades. He loved it and I got to ride in it many times. After he had I I believe it went to Warren Craft , also of long island. In the early 1970s I saw an unrestored on in a garage in the St. Louis area , exactly like the blue one but needing cosmetics , very solid car though. A friend showed me the WHite that was owned by a friend of his. I bought a 1950 Cadillac 60 Special sedan from my friend as an every day driver and at the time was working for Cars & Parts magazine in Sesser, Illinois . The owner of Cars & Parts hated the Caddy I bought - it was all black, he thought it reminded him to much of something a NY mobster would be driving - well I was from NY but wasn't a mobster nor related to any of that clan. I parked it out front of Slankard Publishing building and  it drove George crazy.

Hey it made me appreciate the Caddy V8's of that era, fine running car .

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1