‘62 Valiant - seen in a parking lot

Dosmo

The owner acknowledged improper bodywork on the LR quarter panel.  One repaint, updated interior, etc.  

I really liked it.  Seemed to run quite well, although there is a noticeable exhaust leak.

0AB4912E-F365-47A6-90E5-0E413806C747.jpeg

00F15634-D3DA-4A1A-B5B0-396D9574EE8C.jpeg

• Like 8

Wayal... looking at them 60 years later, they're not as jarring. At least they have some style, as opposed to the blowtorched bars of soap currently prowling the roads.

Valiant and Lancer were popular here. Two neighbors had Valiants and my 4th grade teacher had a Lancer. Course when my 6th grade teacher showed up in a 68 Cougar XR7 all bets were off!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 28 Chrysler said:

62s Mopars were not the easiest on the eyes.

I had a few Dodge and Plymouth cars but the 62 Dodge D100  was the best looking.

I've always appreciated their willingness buck trends, even if it didn't always suit my taste. "A nut for every bolt" as some people say. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I love seeing a survivor especially one not often seen. At a car show or a cruise night I get a bit bored looking at the same thing all the time. I sat here trying to remember the last time I saw a 62 Valiant. It's either my memory going, and that's a given, or it's been so long that I can't remember the last one I saw.☺️ 

6 hours ago, 28 Chrysler said:

62s Mopars were not the easiest on the eyes.

I know. When I was a kid, there was no car I wanted to see less than a '62 Valiant. Today, there's no old car I'd rather see more in a parking lot than a clean '62 four door Valiant. Go figure.

Thanks for the pics, Dosmo.

• Like 1

My Dad bought a new 1961 - black with red interior.  It was the first car I had the ability to take out on my own with girlfriends.   It had the new 225 Cu In Slant Six in it and push=button transmission.  I really liked that car and wish we'd kept it in the family.  But by the time it was pretty tired and had caught the dreaded "Michigan rust" disease, it was time to trade in for a bigger and beefier Pontiac!  Someday I'll find another Valient.  Hopefully, it'll be a black with red interior tow-door. 

Terry

22 hours ago, Buffalowed Bill said:

OK here's your chance. Location in Canada my be a bit of a problem.

https://vancouver.craigslist.org/nvn/cto/d/north-vancouver-1962-valiant/7585173641.html

Wrong year for me.  Needs to be a 61 to tickle my fancy!

Terry