The identify this tool

halifaxhops

On 6/13/2023 at 7:02 AM, joe_padavano said:

image.png.27530c5a92fd54ed8fd93d55bed02c75.png

A cleaner for battery and battery cable terminals. The spring end goes inside the cable clamps, the other end goes over the battery posts.

Still use mine that is identical to this one, I think I bought it in the early 70s.

• Like 1

On 6/14/2023 at 7:48 AM, 95Cardinal said:

One of the people on tour with us this week brought this tool along. Nobody knows for certain what it is.

Best guess so far is a sheet metal dimple/drill/tap tool.

PXL_20230612_194800506.jpg.aa19666594e0a910504ea561c10a0ce7.jpgPXL_20230612_194819256.jpg.13c0529a99a0403fb4bbdfc5164958b4.jpgPXL_20230612_194605409.jpg.a6cbcbe0fa3085dc92ec58c9e399147f.jpg

The way the  square threaded section meets the knurling does not appear as professionally machined as the rest of the tool.  Could it have been welded on?  If so it appears to me to be a tap wrench with the clamp section added to make a "one off" tool for a specific application.  

Tie rod end adjuster clamps.  

Those pesky always tight, commonly rusted nuts and bolts that squeeze the  split sleeve that allows for lengthening and shortening of the tie rod.  

Of course once the clamps are loose, then you need the hook tool to turn them because they are stuck also.  

• Thanks 1

On 6/15/2023 at 8:35 AM, Stude17 said:

The way the  square threaded section meets the knurling does not appear as professionally machined as the rest of the tool.  Could it have been welded on?  If so it appears to me to be a tap wrench with the clamp section added to make a "one off" tool for a specific application.  

Could be...it was purchased at a flea market and the seller knew nothing about it.

Any other ideas?

On 6/19/2023 at 4:09 PM, rocketraider said:

wyankee's first and third pictures look like flywheel turners. The third actually says "flywheel turner and oil drain plug".

No idea on the second but also looks like could be used to turn a rotating assembly.

Thank you. I didn't recognize that about the first picture, it could be a flywheel turner. I guess they are both generic tools not specific to a make of car. Thank you 

16 hours ago, halifaxhops said:

Said it was a twist tool.  No idea just weird with the screw driver on the end and it spins.

I'm guessing that the weights allow you to spin the screw the way you do with a cross wrench on lug nuts. I'm guessing the yellow handle spins on the shaft so that you can hold the handle and let it spin to run a screw in or out.