The identify this tool

halifaxhops

10 hours ago, joe_padavano said:

Lifter puller

Yes, This tool really made the technician's life easier.  the horizontal round, solid metal, part on this tool is the slide of the slide hammer. At he very bottom of the tool, are two jasws/teeth (for a better word) that hooked into a ridge in the top inner edge of the valve lifter.  Then once hooked, you would move thar round solid metal part up and down in a slide hammer fashion. Thus dislodging the cooked on sludge; that would be holding the valve lifter in it's bore. 

The lifter were hard to get out; and the slide hammer action broke the sludge or cooked on crap from the bottom of the lifter.  Nifty

Edited by intimeold (see edit history)

This is another version of the carb idle mixture adjuster.   

It has a flexible end (those 70s cars aren't real compliant) AND an arrow on the adjusting knob so that is you wanted the screws adjusted out 2 1/2 or 2 1/4 turns you could be more accurate. Changeable sockets with the screwdriver type blade. 

It originally came with an additional bigger "socket-screwdriver" but I never used that one, and it became lost. 

adjust1.jpg

adjust3.jpg

adjust2.jpg

• Like 1

Variations on a themeallenonastick.jpg.a0b8f20083bfdff742f988f1cce94037.jpg

Broker handle but functional.  Shorter that what has been shown prior, maybe easier to get in place?

liftertool.jpg.c422eaae6ff91524a365ad82de0d0500.jpg

The cheap K-D version of the lifter remover without the slide hammer effect

Well. . . It has a valve spring compressor look to it, but it seems to stretch rather than compress. The holding(?) part on the lower jaw is angled. . . Seems to have wire stretching function. But I cant guess what. 

Picture 4 of 6

Edited by m-mman (see edit history)

2 hours ago, m-mman said:

Correct.  But it works on tube tires too.  Rather than a fishing chain it can hold the valve stem during installation. 

Good point, but I actually have a cable version for the tubes in my tractor tires.

272b78e7-0182-44ff-98a2-06bad0ca3bc5_1.e

• Like 1

2 hours ago, m-mman said:

Well. . . It has a valve spring compressor look to it, but it seems to stretch rather than compress. The holding(?) part on the lower jaw is angled. . . Seems to have wire stretching function. But I cant guess what. 

Picture 4 of 6

Cylinder ridge reamer. Two guides on one side and a cutter on the other. Crank it with a socket.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, joe_padavano said:

This depresses the pin switch on the door so the dome light stays off with the door open.

And not used often enough in upholstery shops.

Too many times I have had a new convertible top installed and the car returned with a dead battery. 😠

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Grimy said:

Fin straightener for radiators or AC condensers

And I hoped the angle not showing the handle would make it a little more difficult. 

comb two.jpg

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, m-mman said:

Variations on a themeallenonastick.jpg.a0b8f20083bfdff742f988f1cce94037.jpg

Broker handle but functional.  Shorter that what has been shown prior, maybe easier to get in place?

liftertool.jpg.c422eaae6ff91524a365ad82de0d0500.jpg

The cheap K-D version of the lifter remover without the slide hammer effect

GM points adjuster.

3 hours ago, halifaxhops said:

GM points adjuster.

Yes smaller and more flexible than the one described earlier.  The bulb/allen end also allows good maneuverability. 

5 hours ago, halifaxhops said:

To seat tires on rims so it will catch the air?  Forgot the name of them.

Yup a tire bead seater.

It squeeze's the tread area forcing the tubeless tire beads against the rim.  Had it for years, don't remember where I got it, but it it HUGE and heavy duty. You use a jack handle/pipe to click it tighter. 

I think it was made for trucks and it looks old, but would trucks have used tubeless tire that far back?

On its smallest setting if barely works on a big 15" car tire.  A must have type of tool if you are installing the tires that have been stored at the bottom of the pile and the beads are touching and tread is bulging out. Those are a pain to get seated and inflated!

bead 2.jpg

3 hours ago, old car fan said:

I have a odd tool, I hope  someone  can identify it, I can't. KIMG0095.jpg.305f01dde35ff90a04d589c80f41d2ad.jpg

Didn't we have a whole thread trying to identify this tool previously?

https://forums.aaca.org/topic/385304-kent-moore-tool/#comment-2430697

Edited by joe_padavano (see edit history)
  • Like 2

On car wheel spin balancer motor. You need the balance ring that mounts onto the wheel to make it work.

A spin balancer combined with someone who knows how to use it gives the best wheel balancing there is, as it balances tire, wheel and suspension movement.

Start the electric motor and the drum at the front spins. Move it against the tread of the tire you want to balance and spin it up to speed, then adjust the balancing rings on the wheel mounted apparatus to determine where weight should be placed.

There are also stroboscopic versions of these high speed balancers. 

These are true high speed balancers. The off-car spin balancers the tire stores have spin the tire and wheel up to only 30mph or so.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1