Muscle Car & Corvette Nationals - Nov 19-20 - Rosemont, Il

STEVE POLLARD

2 minutes ago, STEVE POLLARD said:

image.png.46ab26d6a2665ddbffd76d14686900ec.png

Is this supposed to help!  Chrome dome or grey top still lost. 
dave s 

ps edit - just saw the link that makes it better. 
Muscle Car & Corvette Nationals 

Nov 19 & 20

Rosemont IL. 

Sponsored by MECUM auctions. 

• Like 1

• Peter Gariepy changed the title to Muscle Car & Corvette Nationals - Nov 19-20 - Rosemont, Il

I coud not make it this year. I have been numerous times. This event is Known as "The Pebble Beach of Muscle Car Events". It is truly a must see event if you are into Muscle Cars. It gets better every year and that is hard to do. I had my cars there 4 times with a car being judged. (3 different cars) In 2017 My 1973 Harvest Gold Buick Century Gran Sport Stage1 Four speed won Concours Gold with 1000 out of 1000 points and also won the "Best Buick Judges Choice" Platinum Award. 

Had my mostly original SCO yellow 1973 Buick Gran Sport there 2 times. Once in 2013 for the "Class of 1973 Invitational where it also won a Concours Gold Award and a Pick Award from the Sloan Museum and Then in 2016 it was invited again for the "Sun Roof Invitational. Where it won another a Concours Gold Award with 986 Points out of 1000. Both of these cars are AACA Senior Grand National Cars. If you look up 1973 Buick Gran Sport on Google you will find videos of the cars. My Yellow one was the first "My Car Story" with Lou Costabile filmed at the event in 2013 (Funny Story), and then again for a longer version in 2016. Both photos are from the Greenbrier Concours. Gold car in 2020,  Yellow car this year 2022.

IMG_7330.jpeg

IMG_5746.jpeg

Edited by philip roitman (see edit history)
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, 1937hd45 said:

If you have seen one car with the hood open you've seen them all IMO. 

Cars are asked to be shown same as at all Concours with Hood down. The variety and Quality of cars is amazing. Many many very special cars, etc. Here is a photo with me and Bobby Unser in 2016 Showing his Pikes Peak winning Ford Torino and a few other famous cars. I have posted a few albums on the AACA FaceBook page a few times with hundreds of photos. To each his own.

IMG_4087.jpeg

IMG_3783.jpeg

IMG_3649.jpeg

IMG_3927.jpeg

IMG_4062.jpeg

Edited by philip roitman (see edit history)
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, STEVE POLLARD said:

My friend and AACA member, Don Bock had his '68 Chevrolet SS427 on displayed.... ( all oringinal, 17,000 mile car )

image.png.d50266d090b1d2abda3d31a8ead04249.png

😍🥰🥵

For an Oldsmobile guy to get hot and bothered over a Chevrolet...😺

A 1968 lineup I'd love to see together:

Z24 Impala (SS427)

W33 Delta 88

428/4-speed Grand Prix

Wildcat trimmed out as a GS (a car Buick should have built 🤨)

You can add a Galaxie 500XL with a 428 and any 440 equipped full-size Mopar coupe if you like!

Big, fast, sporty/luxurious cars with attitude. I dig them.

• Like 4

Without question this show draws the best of the best in all forms of muscle cars.  I had the Avanti there last year and enjoyed the interest people showed in the car.  For some reason there is always a strong Studebaker presence I guess for their speed record efforts.  Fun show and well organized but a tough time of year.    

MACACN 2021.jpg

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, Avanti Bill said:

Without question this show draws the best of the best in all forms of muscle cars.  I had the Avanti there last year and enjoyed the interest people showed in the car.  For some reason there is always a strong Studebaker presence I guess for their speed record efforts.  Fun show and well organized but a tough time of year.    

MACACN 2021.jpg

There was a strong showing of beautiful studebakers today. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, rocketraider said:

😍🥰🥵

For an Oldsmobile guy to get hot and bothered over a Chevrolet...😺

A 1968 lineup I'd love to see together:

Z24 Impala (SS427)

W33 Delta 88

428/4-speed Grand Prix

Wildcat trimmed out as a GS (a car Buick should have built 🤨)

You can add a Galaxie 500XL with a 428 and any 440 equipped full-size Mopar coupe if you like!

Big, fast, sporty/luxurious cars with attitude. I dig them.

Too bad the Wildcat and Grand Prix were ruined with fender skirts.

A friend went and reported there were 4! Corvair station wagons!👍 this year.

7 hours ago, Frank DuVal said:

A friend went and reported there were 4! Corvair station wagons!👍 this year.

I scrapped two Corvair station wagons a few years ago.  I could not even sell them for parts.  Probably toasters now.

One '61 & one '62.  The '62 was a Windsor built car with the lowest known serial number at the time.  I think it was something like 000201.

Edited by Larry Schramm (see edit history)
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Jim Skelly said:

Too bad the Wildcat and Grand Prix were ruined with fender skirts.

I think the GP could be had with or without them. Those years Pontiac wheel arch mouldings were really well executed and Catalina pieces should work on the GP.

Could probably put LeSabre rear wheel arch mouldings on a 68 Wildcat but the skirts make a 1968 Buick B look swoopy!😎

Unfortunately, the '65-'68 GP (and Bonneville) came standard with skirts, which make them look heavy.  Some have removed the skirts and put the Catalina 1/4 moldings on them, which makes them look better in my opinion.  

Our family had a '68 Wildcat 2-door hardtop.  I thought I would put LeSabre 1/4 moldings on it if I ever bought another Wildcat from that year, but I'd rather have a '65 or '66 or '63.  As with the Pontiacs, they look heavy and formal instead of sporty.

I knew a guy who worked for the Syracuse DPW that had a '71 442 W-30 convertible in the mid-late '70s.  It was black & gold with the TH400.  He used to run it on the 1/8 mile at Utica-Rome.  I still wonder what ever happened to it...

• 3 weeks later...