Hershey 2022 - Photo Gallery - Please post ALL your photos and videos here

Peter Gariepy

6 minutes ago, AlfaTazio said:

That's my car. Is there a question about it or are we once again comparing prices to make sure I don't make too much money?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Matt Harwood said:

That's my car. Is there a question about it or are we once again comparing prices to make sure I don't make too much money?

All you used car dealers are the same………….😎

Would you take 20k? Just trying to be a typical newbie buyer. 🫣

20 minutes ago, edinmass said:

All you used car dealers are the same………….😎

Would you take 20k? Just trying to be a typical newbie buyer. 🫣

You laugh.  We had a very nice piece of memorabilia, priced at a 100.  Easily worth 80 and probably would have taken that.

Guy looks at stuff and offers 20 for it.  Lots of responses came to mind, I was polite and said no.

Then a lot of people combine their offer with the last word “cash”. Sort of meaningless in a place where non-cash deals are only major suppliers like Coker or Hirsch….

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Steve Moskowitz said:

Anyone get a picture of the DC-3 fuselage used as a motorhome?  

I didn't see it but a friend sent me some pictures of it. Sorry for the low res but that is what he sent me.

PlaneRV-1.jpeg

PlaneRV-2.jpeg

PlaneRV-3.jpeg

• Like 5

Here is a shot of our Crosley Club Thursday lunch gathering in the South Chocolate field. I think this is the third year we have done this officially and not by chance.

CACLunch.jpeg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Matt Harwood said:

Matt I was responding to a question from another forum member and had no knowledge of the prior sale.  I hope you made a nice profit.  I’ve followed your many posts to this forum on various subjects.  My wife and I asked a few questions about the car at Hershey and you were cordial and honest about its strengths and very minor issues.  I respect your integrity as a reputable classic vehicle dealer.  I would not hesitate to purchase a vehicle from you if it was what I was looking for.  
Kent

• Like 5

This was my first AACA car show and although I was only able to attend friday I have to say I am hooked and can't wait to attend the next one. I had heard through the years this was the greatest show to attend and they were right . I want to thank everyone who put the hard work in making this show happen.With the good Lords willing I plan on attending for full show next time. Once again ty.Aaca

20221007_100219.jpg

20221007_110547.jpg

20221007_215758.jpg

Edited by RustyTinman
Photo (see edit history)
  • Like 4

On 10/8/2022 at 8:57 AM, alsancle said:

This was a very nice car. Just needs to lose the white walls. I’m not surprised he was able to sell it fairly easily.

Absolutely. I met Matt there at the car and told him I thought that was a good price. Came back the next day…SOLD.

On 10/8/2022 at 4:24 PM, playswithbrass said:

I bought a really nice 1909 motor “novel” for. $3.00 from a stall. Stall holder said he had never sold anything for so little. And no, I didn’t haggle  Maybe the seller recognizes himself?

Erica

Honk Honk!  I'm guilty (and that was the name of the book!).  Earlier I had sold a postcard that also said "Honk Honk" with an eerie skull on it, and someone on this forum was very happy with it (for a little more than the three bucks!).

Glad you enjoyed getting it, we had virtually no other sales which involved dollar bills!  We did have a great Hershey though, so many old and new friends, and I heard so many great stories.  I make it a point, if someone takes the time to glance over my wares, to ask what kind of car or other vehicle they like/own/work on...and the stories are great.

One fellow I talked to was wearing a T-shirt with "DORRIS" on it, I asked him if it was a car or his wife's name!  He said he owned a few, I'm sure many know him.  What fun Hershey is if you just talk to people....

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1