E-bugle online

old-tank

The September edition ofEBUGLE ONLINE is not readable on any of my computer or browsers.

There is a disclaimer on the page:  Please note: The e-Bugle is available on-line using a third-party web site.  The Buick Club of America (BCA) Office cannot provide technical support if you are not able to view the magazine on your device.

So who can fix this?

i can't use you computer and I am not going to buy a new one.  Previous editions work fine and something changed outside my control.  I can view on my Android phone after installing the issuu app, but that is a pain when I have a huge monitor on my desktop.

Can I get a copy of the PDF used to create the magazine or a hard copy or refund on membership?  A refund would be the easiest just to get rid of this grippy old fart.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, old-tank said:

i can't use you computer and I am not going to buy a new one.

Do you have Chrome installed on your desktop machine?  That didn't work either?  I wonder whether there is a security settings or ad-blocker configuration issue...

9 hours ago, old-tank said:

i can't use you computer and I am not going to buy a new one.  Previous editions work fine and something changed outside my control.  I can view on my Android phone after installing the issuu app, but that is a pain when I have a huge monitor on my desktop.

Can I get a copy of the PDF used to create the magazine or a hard copy or refund on membership?  A refund would be the easiest just to get rid of this grippy old fart.

What computer operating system and browser are you using? My guess is that some software update changed something on your computer which caused the issue. Sometimes a Windows update or browser update screws up something on a particular combination of hardware and software and then they figure it out and fix in in the next update. 

• Thanks 2

I have tried it with Windows 7, 10 and 11.  Even Linux.  On desktops and virtual machines.  Firefox Chrome Opera and edge browsers.  Maybe it's my ISP, but curiously it works on the other editions.  My website is running on a headless server that I can access by remote desktop and that's sort of works but the server has limited memory and a slow hard drive, and it's slow to respond.  So I'm stuck with that or the Android phone and neither is acceptable.  Something changed on the BCA or issuu end.

• 1 year later...

@old-tank, I know this is a old post BUT did you ever get this resolved?

I have the same issue, I went back through all of 2023 and ALL were blurry and most had blank pages, I contacted Cornerstone and they were NO help, I asked for contact information of the 3rd party NO they would not give that to me.

I also contacted Melanie Mauser from the (CCBCA) Chicagoland Chapter of the Buick Club, she was willing to listen and help me, but she also contacted cornerstone and again NO answers.

NOW all the ebugles are gone for me, there is NO listing of any, so I will not be able to complain about the blurry ones anymore?

I am able to view other club magazines?

I am not the best on computers, but I used to be able to view the ebugle, I probably could get my 7 year old grandson to figure it out, but I should not have to.

Maybe I will just drop out of the Buick club? ( I don't need more magazines as I have the Bugles back to 1983) 

I am getting very frustrated at this point.

Bob

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, NailheadBob said:

I know this is a old post BUT did you ever get this resolved?

Nope.  I went back to the print version which is harder to read than on my computer.  I also contacted the powers and got nowhere.  Roy Faries sent me a pdf version and that worked, but if they did that for all then it could be shared all over the world by us crooked jerks.  Bringing this up again just pissed me off all over.  I will not contact anyone again...maybe they will read it here (not likely).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, old-tank said:

I will not contact anyone again...

One of the subtle pleasures in life is to leave someone ignorant of their mistake.

It's like walking out of a restaurant knowing that they will be making home fries like that for the rest of their life.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, NailheadBob said:

I have the same issue, I went back through all of 2023 and ALL were blurry and most had blank pages

I have had the same issue on my laptop for quite a while. For some reason the Bugle won’t fully load and most of the pages remain blank.

I’ve resorted to viewing on my phone which is much smaller. I guess I may need to go to paper when my membership is up next because I am not reading it as much as I would like to.

• Thanks 2

22 hours ago, Larry Schramm said:

Call the Board members.

I did call Cornerstone and Melanie Mauser who is our (CCBCA) local chapter president and a board member, she really tried but was unsuccessful.

21 hours ago, parkertom said:

I have had the same issue on my laptop for quite a while. For some reason the Bugle won’t fully load and most of the pages remain blank.

I’ve resorted to viewing on my phone which is much smaller. I guess I may need to go to paper when my membership is up next because I am not reading it as much as I would like to.

I had the issue with e-bugle on my desktop MAC computer

This week I tried my laptop computer and was the same not working with the e-bugle

NOW my problem got worse, the last 5 years of e-bugle are totally gone, and I don't have the option to view any of them, so now I can not complain about being blurry or missing pages.

I know other BCA members are having the same issue, but elect to not address this issue.

Bob

37 minutes ago, ted sweet said:

i just logged and view 2/24 bugle with no issues using firefox. what browser are you using?

I just did the same using my normal browser, Chrome. Blurry and blank pages, can’t zoom in on the pages that load.

I then tried the other browser that is on my laptop, Microsoft Edge and ever loads well and will zoom in as normal. It may be good to find out from our vendor if there is a preferred browser to view it on and let the members know that. Or, if there is something we should do to make sure it works, it would be good to know that too.

IMG_1671.jpeg

IMG_1670.jpeg

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ted sweet said:

i just logged and view 2/24 bugle with no issues using firefox. what browser are you using?

My browser id Chrome.

1 hour ago, B Jake Moran said:

My issue is with Cornerstone and my subscription to the Cadillac club.  They manage that too.  Well I joined 9 weeks ago and so far have received nothing.  

Cornerstone is recently new to the Cadillac LaSalle Club, so maybe just going through some growing pains.

Bob

• Like 1

I use Chrome on my MacBook Pro and have never had a problem. There seems to be no common thread among those who are having the problem, at least none that anyone has been able to identify so far. Strange.

The only digital subscription I'm 100% satisfied with is Hemmings publications. Subscribers can view them online with the added bonus of being able to download pdfs. I like keeping a library of past issues of magazines. I have no room or desire to maintain a physical library and I don't want to have to be online every time I want to read an issue. Hemmings does it right from my perspective.

I can understand why BCA handles the Bugle the way it does and I respect their decision. However unlike BCA, American Radio Relay League, and perhaps other organizations that offer digital publications, Hemmings is not an active organization but is instead a publisher whose entire existence is about the publications. If they don't seem to worry about publication piracy why would BCA think it would materially impact their memberships? I'm not being critical of BCA because I don't know the full story behind their thinking, but from a member's perspective I'm only 50% satisfied with digital Bugle.

P.S. - I'm wearing my asbestos underwear, so feel free to light your flame throwers.

Edited by Machine Gun (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

When I was on the board, I suggested that Bugles for the first 12 months after publication be limited to current members and when the publication became over 1 year old, let everyone have access to the magazines in hoping to increase membership.  Went nowhere.

10 hours ago, Larry Schramm said:

When I was on the board, I suggested that Bugles for the first 12 months after publication be limited to current members and when the publication became over 1 year old, let everyone have access to the magazines in hoping to increase membership.  Went nowhere.

That would have been a reasonable compromise. I'm surprised/disappointed it died on the vine. Still want pdfs, but in light of your experience I see that'll never happen.

• Like 1