Any members near Hershey PA that can look at a car for me. It's in Halifax PA

Randy, I’m starting nine straight days of vacation today. Something that I don’t think has happened in my life for 20 years. I’m hoping you can stretch this out for the entire nine days so I can spend time thinking about this, instead of getting all the things done on the list I made. 

• Haha 2

9 days is going to be tuff.   I think maybe a day or so and they'll all have it.  I'll try though. ;) 

Not a 33 Mercury. 

It's not really "rare". in the sense of the word being only a handful built,  just not commonly seen.   Of course we could almost say that with many prewar plain old sedans.  

I knew what body style it would be just from talking to Randy over the years..........working on him with his Auburn and the Chrysler convertible he bought.......I was also thinking Franklin Olympic or some other weird Victoria coupe with the back seat enclosed. Then it came to me.......a Lasalle........with the fancy Olds engine in it. Then Reo was also a possibility. So was a Terraplane. I have a fairly good idea what it is..........some 147 inch chassis V-12 with a big dumpy custom body on it, so when his wife finds out he bought another car, he can sleep in it. 🥸

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, auburnseeker said:

Nope not Graham Studebaker or Essex.  Ed's real close.  Those custom bodied cars get cheaper the uglier the body.  

This one has to be one of the ugliest. ;) 

OOH! I like it already!

I think I clicked in to read the recent posts twenty times yesterday! Seventeen inch tire era is not quite my target interest, so I am having trouble coming up with a good guess (I generally stay at twenty inch or above!). I did think of the Terraplane and the Franklin, but someone beat me to those.

1932 DeVaux?

1933 Continental Ace?

20 hours ago, edinmass said:

Ok, I have identified the new car……….it’s a  Hooptie! 🤪

Google it……….it is a real word that applies to automobiles.

I don't have to google it. I'm surrounded. 🤪

Nope not a Devaux 

Continental Ace 

Chrysler Lebaron 

or whatever that last thing PkHammer posted is. 

I'm impressed with the guesses.   Many of those I wouldn't mind to atleast have for a short time. 

Not the last one though.  Now that image will haunt me all night. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, auburnseeker said:

You know from the side angle shot of that tan colored thing,  almost looks like the windshield is a double hung window or a door.  

The coach builder was pella. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Not a Hupp………a Hooptie! 😏

To be fair, it’s probably one of those Sears & Rubbish go carts with a 3 hp Briggs engine and the rear brakes are steel pads pushing on the wheels……….takes me back to 1976……….working in the garage listening to ELO!

Im posting a photo of it to help Randy out………

3523D91A-5C03-4EFC-B9BA-CEA55A7D23BE.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, auburnseeker said:

Not the last one though.  Now that image will haunt me all night.

Hey, that guy is obviously proud of his custom bodied uh......., two door Phaeton? Probably on his way to Amelia in that shot.

Did any of you guys notice that REO was not denied? Randy just said "a REO would be nice".  Hmmmmm.........