Any members near Hershey PA that can look at a car for me. It's in Halifax PA

2 minutes ago, 1937hd45 said:

If someone said DODGE and not DODGE BROTHERS did that get answered as incorrect? 

1933-dodge-brothers-roadster-buckboard.jpg

Like I said, he's a politician... 

Gotta watch this guy man. 

Randy knows I'm just playin

Starting to feel a lot like the drunkards game "if this is a stick and this is a stick, is this a stick?"

What is the answer to this riddle. If this is a stick and this is a stick is this a stick? - Answers

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, 1937hd45 said:

If someone said DODGE and not DODGE BROTHERS did that get answered as incorrect? 

1933-dodge-brothers-roadster-buckboard.jpg

Dodge brothers ended in 1928 and I do not believe they had 17” wire wheels in 1928. Although my 1933 Dodge DP 6 had DB on all the bolt heads Walter did not waste anything still using DB bolts Five years later

lol

5 hours ago, auburnseeker said:

Nope not a White car or truck. 

Blue?

I remember you writing about that Plymouth coupe at Hershey that year. And comments about you "should have bought it" when working on the Dodge you got shortly after.

• Thanks 1

On 5/13/2022 at 5:52 PM, auburnseeker said:

Not a Dodge. 

Or one of these.  Never knew those 4 Collaborated.  

Not a Dodge.  Not a DeSoto.  Not a Chrysler.  Not a roadster body style. That to me leaves Plymouth 33-34, which has only been denied for certain models.  Steel body, flathead 6 cyl, 4-wheel hydraulic brakes.  Not much else. This has been fun and maybe I'm just stupid, but I think this exercise has just jumped the shark.

Now which model/series.  

I'm really splitting hairs here. 

You'll have to get the color scheme exactly right including pinstriping.   Then we'll worry about the mileage. ;) 

Now see how easy that was.   Geeze should have been like you guys second guess or something.  

I guess I should be honored to think you all think I tend to lean toward the eccentric side and just couldn't buy such a common car. 

• Haha 1

Just now, thehandleman said:

He said back in the beginning That the car in question had 17” wire wheels those are wood artillery wheels not a contender.

sorry

Understood but it was indicated that wood wheels were an option and, since the topic of wood wheels came up, just showing that they were available on the 33 Plymouths.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, 1937hd45 said:

We didn't overlook the fact that this is the Month of May and Plymouth made a Mayflower.

We didn't get that far into the clues.  If I had to go that deep,  I think I would have to find a new group of guys to hang out with.  (just kidding) 

• Haha 1

I keep getting all sorts of people trying to deal me cars…….the list is endless. Half are scams, the other half are Duesenberg’s that end up being a Dodge. Someone sent me this a while back………..I can’t remember the particulars………except it was expensive………..came with a bunch of stories……..don’t they all? 🥴

DF317393-B1BC-4802-AAF9-AC55FF3E344B.png

3CF4E97C-078A-48EF-98A6-4D6DBC4B4B9C.png

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, auburnseeker said:

Ed I only wish it was that nice. 

It’s a typical toss on resale red wheels with some Allstate whitewalls………..and now it’s restored and has a new engine!(oil change). Car would look ok with black walls and I would probably put the wheels to a straw or light yellow. 

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, edinmass said:

It’s a typical toss on resale red wheels with some Allstate whitewalls………..and now it’s restored and has a new engine!(oil change). Car would look ok with black walls and I would probably put the wheels to a straw or light yellow. 

Yeah but overall much better than what I bought.  Hope it was alot more than I paid. 

12 hours ago, auburnseeker said:

Not really bad for such a common car (back in the day) only took almost a week to nail it down. 

Congrats, 

OR as my grand daddy used to say (about Plymouths), I'm sorry ;) 

Seriously though, fun thread and a fun car I'm sure. Enjoy

Can't wait to see pics

On 5/9/2022 at 10:56 AM, edinmass said:

Ok, Randy swore me to secrecy and I gave my word I wouldn’t SAY anything. Never mentioned anything about photos……….I can’t wait for a ride. In the AUBURN! This new one, not so much……..

E84F1EAB-C67B-4B82-880F-DB6D51CDF54D.png

97A47365-D851-4ED6-B27A-DB2681D8F417.png

... Ran When Parked ?

On 5/9/2022 at 11:56 AM, edinmass said:

Ok, Randy swore me to secrecy and I gave my word I wouldn’t SAY anything. Never mentioned anything about photos……….I can’t wait for a ride. In the AUBURN! This new one, not so much……..

E84F1EAB-C67B-4B82-880F-DB6D51CDF54D.png

97A47365-D851-4ED6-B27A-DB2681D8F417.png

Maybe so but I bet Plymouth moves on down the road first. 😁

• Thanks 1

Well I'm going to jump on the plymouth when it arrives.  unless it has a major issue.  Next step on the Auburn is to go inside the engine and check things out, then it still needs King pins and bushings and a full set of rubber which may not be available so it seems the Plymouth with a brake job and some tinkering to get it running (was running and drove to where it is now last fall) is a better bet and shorter path to get on the road. 

We'll see. Should know Monday what I bought atleast.  I'll either be super happy or crying in my beer.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, auburnseeker said:

Well I'm going to jump on the plymouth when it arrives.  unless it has a major issue.  Next step on the Auburn is to go inside the engine and check things out, then it still needs King pins and bushings and a full set of rubber which may not be available so it seems the Plymouth with a brake job and some tinkering to get it running (was running and drove to where it is now last fall) is a better bet and shorter path to get on the road. 

We'll see. Should know Monday what I bought atleast.  I'll either be super happy or crying in my beer.  

Just start a new thread that mirrors Matt Harwood's Lincoln!😱

I don't think anyone here got my joke............

Has anyone here figured it out yet? 😎

• Haha 1

Hi, Marty!  Please "Start new topic," upper right on this page, instead of adding to a long-winding and long-winded thread that does not seem to be coming to a resolution.  Location would help, too.  Good luck!  Greg