The Border is Open!

Hudsy Wudsy

Bring beer if you’re coming.  Molson or Moosehead.  We can negotiate the price of other stuff if you bring sufficient amounts of grog for us.  And some Tim Horton coffee for when the beer wears off😀.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, 1912Staver said:

Still need the PCR test so we are not quite dancing in the streets yet

some companies are getting very rich off it - PCR tests pre Covid $35 here, charge to the tax payer to test for Covid $85 and for travel $200-$300

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TerryB said:

Bring beer if you’re coming.  Molson or Moosehead.  We can negotiate the price of other stuff if you bring sufficient amounts of grog for us.  And some Tim Horton coffee for when the beer wears off😀.

What no requests for butter tarts????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TerryB said:

Ahhh Molson....Geoff Molson was in our class. We had 12 free kegs for senior week. It was, ahem, a little blurry towards the end of the week....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We've enjoyed touring with AACA Ontario Region-

Especially the Annual London-to-Brighton week-long tour 

Great Folks,

Good food,

Good scenery,

Good food,

Good roads,

Good food,

Interesting collections,

Good food -

Better summertime weather than Louisiana,

... Oh, and did I mention Good food?

A vintage car tour is a series of crooked lines between eating places.

... and we like poutine,

but still prefer our New Orleans Coffee and Beignets to the Tim Horton brew!

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)
  • Like 4

28 minutes ago, bryankazmer said:

No butter tarts and no poutine (ugh), but the place in Quebec with French style cooking of wild game.  My favorite customer to visit.

Timmy's has been south of the border for a long time

Not where I live…

30 minutes ago, bryankazmer said:

No butter tarts and no poutine (ugh), but the place in Quebec with French style cooking of wild game.  My favorite customer to visit.

Timmy's has been south of the border for a long time

I seldom get to Quebec City but the food is fantastic!  Old World style and some of the best cheese on the planet.

4 hours ago, 1912Staver said:

Still need the PCR test so we are not quite dancing in the streets yet. $200.00 - $300.00  cost per person per crossing. But yes , an important step.

You are just trying to cross the wrong border.  Hey go to the south and forget your papers,  you will get the executive treatment. 

Atleast now maybe my customers I have been holding orders for 18 months now,  can finally see what they bought and I can ship them to their PO boxes here in the states.

• Like 1

All joking aside, this is good news that the border is opening so brothers between countries can get back to the business at hand!  Good pastries are something to die for!  Alas.... some areas of the US are not doing so well considering statistics.  We probably and realistically have a couple more years to suffer through this COVID-19 debacle.  I wonder if we are simply getting numb to the high death rate?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, alsfarms said:

All joking aside, this is good news that the border is opening so brothers between countries can get back to the business at hand!  Good pastries are something to die for!  Alas.... some areas of the US are not doing so well considering statistics.  We probably and realistically have a couple more years to suffer through this COVID-19 debacle.  I wonder if we are simply getting numb to the high death rate?

Numb, yes, probably. Head in the sands, too. I often wonder if part of the anti-vaccine thinking isn't also just vague fears.

• Thanks 1

I am glad that we are restarting our economy....for sure.  I guess the history books will be accurate in recording just what happened and what we have done to our selves economically.  In the mean time, winter is near, let's hunker down and get out projects done and ready to roll next spring.  Being able to deal with our buddies to the north is a great first step!

Al

Could also be that many people we know that got the Vaccine have gotten it just as bad as they might have without it, (can never argue on way or the other because there is no way to establish a proper control group because no two people are exactly 100 percent alike) plus not to mention the side effects.  Call me crazy but following the science went to following the money, then following the feeling.  The fact that natural immunity is not considered from having had it or the fact that some people are actually alergic to some of the ingredients and not allowing for any of that means they are not following the science.  Never before have I ever seen someone force you take something you may be alergic to to save you from something that is most likely (in that circumstance) less dangerous than the alergic reaction you may suffer. 

Anti Vaccer's are not anti all vaccines,  they are anti Vaccines they have such a short test period and one that is being forced upon them in such a way that makes a sane person question it.  Many of those people are even vaccinated and say wait a minute I did it because I wanted to because it fit my personal situation appropriately.  

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

How are things going north of the border?  Are statistical numbers up or dropping?  One way or the other, if we are concerned about the contagious aspect of this Pandemic, affordable, quick and accurate testing is a good thing.  Then if you are sick, good common sense is to stay home and get better.  I have had several north of the border parts purchases on hold.  It will be good to proceed.  Good luck to everyone!!

• Ronnie locked this topic