No cup holders here... Just took delivery of a 1969 Chevrolet C20 truck

STEVE POLLARD

Just took delivery of this 1969 Chevrolet C20 truck... it's been three years since I had my other C20 and I missed having one. This one came out of South Dakota, a Bean Farmer had it in his collection - all original truck, really nice! 

Thanks Bill & Dave with helping me with the transporting.

Steve

20211014_152927.jpg

20211014_153011.jpg

20211014_153455.jpg

• Like 18

• Peter Gariepy changed the title to No cup holders here... Just took delivery of a 1969 Chevrolet C20 truck

John - I've been searching the different auto / truck related web sites, especially Hemmings and Ebay over the past year or so. The one thing that I noticed with the auction sites, if there was a truck that I really like, the seven day auction would end early - this happen a few times on some really nice trucks. So I was determine if I found something that I like, I was not going to wait for the end of the auction to place a bid. In this case, I contacted the owner, spoke with him a few times and he sent more photos for me to look at. I knew what the current market value of these trucks are going for and I asked him what he wanted. We came to an agreement on price and the auction was ended.  I ended up with a nice , original truck....the exhaust will need to be change back to factory spec and those rims, I don't think they are original, I believe that 3/4 and one ton trucks had split rims, either way, I'll end up having them painted white - it will be a good contrast to the black body.

Steve

Tach, AC, 4 speed...somebody knew what boxes to check! These are, by far, my favorite GM trucks. Many years ago my best friend wanted one but didn't have time to go hunting for one; time, I had. I kicked tires a bunch of 67-72's back then. I nearly bought one myself, a somewhat oddly optioned 69 GMC 2500 with a 292, AT and factory AC. 

• Thanks 1

Can't go wrong with these trucks. Good for show, tow,and go ! Good investment to boot. My '72 C20 originally had a 350,350 auto, and 4:10 gears. The non-original tired 350 that was in it when I bought it was replaced with a 400 SBC specially built for towing. I replaced the 4:10 gears with a set of 3:73s and upgraded the transmission to a 700R4. The overdrive is great on the highway. One of it's former owners added power brakes when he was hauling a big camper through the foothills of Alberta. I added power steering after trying to back up my car trailer !

1972 Chevy pickup ready to show 001.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, STEVE POLLARD said:

Truck came out of Englewood, Colorado - BURT CHEVROLET. INC    cost $ 3220.78 

20211014_225729.jpg

It adds up to $4591.06 when you factor in the down payment.  

I suspect the factory air conditioning is the most expensive option on it.

Craig

• Like 1

12 hours ago, STEVE POLLARD said:

those rims, I don't think they are original, I believe that 3/4 and one ton trucks had split rims, either way, I'll end up having them painted white - it will be a good contrast to the black body.

Steve

Hi Steve

I have the GM parts book for these models. There were several different wheels available, both split rim (which I'd be in no hurry to install) and standard. There are two 16.5 diameter wheels ,one is 6.00 inches wide and one 6.75. I have 16.5x6.75 on my '72 with 8.75x16.5 radial tires. It had nylon 9.50x16.5 thumpers on it when I bought it and it rode like a lumber wagon ! The radials made a huge difference.

21 minutes ago, J.H.Boland said:

I have the GM parts book for these models. There were several different wheels available, both split rim (which I'd be in no hurry to install) and standard. There are two 16.5 diameter wheels ,one is 6.00 inches wide and one 6.75. I have 16.5x6.75 on my '72 with 8.75x16.5 radial tires. It had nylon 9.50x16.5 thumpers on it when I bought it and it rode like a lumber wagon ! The radials made a huge difference.

J.H. - just check the tire size, they are LT 285 / 75R 16 and the rims diameter is 16.5..... going to have the rims sandblasted and powder coated white, I'll find out how wide they are at that time.

Steve

• Like 2

2 hours ago, STEVE POLLARD said:

J.H. - just check the tire size, they are LT 285 / 75R 16 and the rims diameter is 16.5..... going to have the rims sandblasted and powder coated white, I'll find out how wide they are at that time.

Steve

There is a 16 inch 8 bolt wheel listed as well. The wheels on your truck are likely original.

• Like 1