Pebble Beach - Monterey Car Week 2021

alsancle

Great morning at the tour, I have never met Ed, but he has to be somewhere near this, kind of like a moth to the light

D62E57D2-E603-47C2-8092-8AB3CEAFF7FB.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

I don't know the area around Pebble Beach, but in the 

picture above, is this the green lawn by the ocean where

the cars are normally seen?  I've heard that parts of

California are lacking in moisture.  It looks like a hayfield.

No. Well off the ocean.  It might be a hay field.

A.J., Ed, and all other contributors to this thread,

First off,  I stand corrected on the date Phil Hill won with his Pierce. Yup. 1955.

These are absolutely fabulous images.  The PB weekend is a bucket list fantasy for me. While I don't expect to ever be rich enough to show a car there, I am loving the opportunity to live vicariously through all of you who can be there with a top tier car. Thanks again for this experience. 

• Like 1

Prices seem to be high across the board. Lots of interesting and expensive cars selling.......which is not always the case. 

Just to share a bit of what it’s like on the Pebble tour........lots of stop and go traffic jams, overheating cars, flat tires, bad fuel, and insane drivers. This year is a first for us, as we are NOT competing in a judged class. We are in the Best of Show Reunion Class. The Duesenberg drove well with four of us in it. One passenger brought along a speaker that plays from his phone..........the choice of music while driving along the coast in fog with no guardrails? Rolling Stones, Lenard Skynard, and Molly Hatchet. Everyone was singing along and waving to the crowds.....which were much larger than in years past...........photos below.

First photo is of the legendary missing Packard Dietrich of posts done a year or so ago......”great cars gone missing”.............

F38C96D9-3986-4EC3-8891-D353F206D3FC.jpeg

FCA63592-1E51-4FAF-AC87-26C4457B4642.jpeg

74C7A220-DA6A-4BE3-B69A-A1467AF92F63.jpeg

A77FB18B-CD67-4449-BA0F-A896539A136B.jpeg

391519F4-E9CB-4CEF-BC72-14C9102957F4.jpeg

237FF5D3-B04E-4F7E-8DEB-D4F759D9E2D8.jpeg

8999D619-E07A-4D8A-AB46-2855CB74C6D0.jpeg

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 8/11/2021 at 1:00 PM, Matt Harwood said:

I don't know how that thing got invited to Pebble Beach.

The Pierce, on the other hand, is gorgeous.

Talk about an opportunity to take a shot........but I shall remain a gentleman. After all, our Duesenberg did the entire tour without any issues. 😏

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

RM sold the Andrew’s collection last night and I forgot to take any pictures. Sorry.  All marked sold but one lot.   Other than the 32 Twin Six which hammered at 950 - A steal - I thought the prices were ok.    However, most were around low estimate.

Saw some forum members not named Ed yesterday and that was nice.  Especially the Packard guy who married well.

To see the Twin Six just google “Al Jolsen Packard Dietrich”.

• Like 1