Pebble Beach - Monterey Car Week 2021

alsancle

9 hours ago, Cadillac Fan said:

If the 59 eldorado has the black/ white trim tag, it should go for way over estimate.  Only more desirable would be black / red or black/ black. 

You can get the documentation to see if it started as a sedan.  Paint looks tired and it is the cars second auction in the last year.  

I would think if I was selling one of the most desirable V16 caddy’s around I would include the build sheet showing that it was originally a Conv Victoria.  Unless it wasn’t.  I didn’t see any buildsheets.

On 8/14/2021 at 1:10 AM, alsancle said:

I would think if I was selling one of the most desirable V16 caddy’s around I would include the build sheet showing that it was originally a Conv Victoria.  Unless it wasn’t.  I didn’t see any buildsheets.

Yes. I would too.  But if I were in the market I would have spent the $50 a few weeks ago to be certain.  One of the two  35 Victoria’s is in St Louis.  My guess is that this one ends up there at a dealer with an asking price of $450k.  With a build sheet.  

from the photos, the car seemed tired and appropriately bought needing a restoration to be a top notch car.  

34-37 are my favorite v16s.  But many people don’t like them.  Too modern looking.  I love the shear size of them. 

******* update

Of course AJ is right.  5 mins of internet research indicates that the two real ones are in long term major league and major major league collections.  And this one was the Blackhawk collection one with a modified body.  

I can’t believe how unscrupulous the auction company was to try and suggest that it was one of the two made in 35.   

Edited by Cadillac Fan (see edit history)

Enjoying very much seeing the photos, thanks to all who are taking the time to share with us here , especially A.J. .

But also confirms my own thoughts as to why I have no interest in attending, I am not into the low to the ground, boy racer, crawl on your knees to get into it type of cars. Just never was my thing. To many there to dismiss to look at to then see what I like to look at and study design wise. My appreciation of the post WWII era cars has grown considerably in the past 4 years or so, but still not for the flying door stop styling look. Not saying that to offend anyone, just no other way to describe it for me.  I first heard that description when the Triumph TR7 was new and on a press day at the NY Auto show. That was not my words but the words of a fellow press person who I shall not name. We all have different tastes in cars, styling etc. I just happen to appreciate ocean liners with wheels more so then anything. That's what I research and write about and enjoy doing so.

W

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Thanks ED!  the photos of the bed slippers with wheels , or as an English friend commented to me years ago - 'cars that look like half sucked sweets '( piece of hard candy) are what I was talking about but of the "roundy" style. The photos of the cars that followed of the more perpendicular styled era are more what I drift to and prefer to ride in , drive and would welcome to my garage. Most cars with removable/functional radiator caps that usually weight at least 3 lbs minimum are great. Mini sculptures that serve a function and are not just decorations.

On 8/11/2021 at 2:50 PM, alsancle said:

362ABF11-A93C-4744-80F2-8981D92E8599.jpeg

Well guys I will soon have the money to buy a car like this as soon as my check arrives. Read the letter I got in the mail yesterday and you will see why.  I can hardly contain the excitement!!!!!

MARTIAL AKAKPO & ASSOCIES LAW FIRM
27, Rue Marechal Bugeaud BP 62210 Lome-Togo

Good day!

My name is Martial Akakapo, a personal lawyer to late Mr, Robert
Wilson, who used to worked with an oil servicing company here in
Republic of Lome, .my client and his family was killed in Kenya
shopping mall attack At least 67 people died when gunmen from terror
group  AL-Shabaab laid siege to the East-gate shopping center in
Nairobi.Kenya.. i have made several inquiries to locate any of his
relatives but have been  unsuccessful

I am contacting you to assist in the repatriation of funds worth  $3
million dollars before it is confiscated by the bank. The bank  has
issued me a notice to provide the next of kin or the account will be
confiscated, I seek your consent to present you as next of Kin,
Affidavit it on your name and so you can claim this huge amount he
left. As soon as I hear from you I will let you know more detailed
information regarding this transaction.

Thanks
Mr Martial Akakapo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Off to bed Saturday night at 9. Up tomorrow morning at 4:15 to get the car on the field. Such is the way of Pebble......more live from the field if there is enough band with. 👍👍👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 8/12/2021 at 9:42 AM, alsancle said:

5B29E051-50B5-44AA-BB50-87FBC895512C.jpeg

CFA8F196-2558-4392-869E-ECD6A181D2C3.jpeg

Just catching up on this thread. There are some amazing cars posted, many of which I don't recognize. What's this one? 

I think I would feel out of place and "less than" there for sure. The pocket change on some of these guys is likely more than I'll ever see in my whole life combined!

4 hours ago, Billy Kingsley said:

Just catching up on this thread. There are some amazing cars posted, many of which I don't recognize. What's this one? 

I think I would feel out of place and "less than" there for sure. The pocket change on some of these guys is likely more than I'll ever see in my whole life combined!

It is an electric from the Stahl collection.  I forget which make.

• Like 1