Pebble Beach - Monterey Car Week 2021

alsancle

It’s been a great “week before” car week this year. Unfortunately, 99 percent of the people I visited had a no photo rule. We have looked at a great bunch of cars........with lots more to come. My guess is the market will be very strong and setting records this year here.......and probably a very high sell through rate. Time will tell......

01125D67-1510-45B2-BEC8-738FC7AFE4A1.jpeg

94859D2E-87B4-45AC-979F-754C82E5C09F.jpeg

• Like 5

Love the Murphy v16 and surprised at the estimate.  About the same as a sport phaeton, which I love too.  But the Murphy is custom bodied.  

if you got it at the low end an put a fresh restoration on it, seems like a likely first in class at pebble?   For around 2million?   That is less than the Duesenberg  Murphy convertible sedan estimate at Mecum.   

*edit.  The estimate a few weeks ago was something around 1.1-1.5.  It is now 1.5-1.8.  So I don’t think my logic works out.  

It will be interesting to see how it does against the 32v16 at the same auction.  Both one of one.  People seem to prefer the style of the 32 over. 30-31,  but I would take the Murphy all day every day.  

Edited by Cadillac Fan (see edit history)
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, alsancle said:

I like the Bentley a lot.  Too many were converted to VP tourers.

I totally agree with that, also the car looks good in the two shades of gray as well. Very much as the car would have appeared when new. Not the current restoration drama of : plate it if it can be removed, paint it a bright color to be noticed, drape as many bolt on lights as possible so if all turned on at once they would melt the battery to a puddle on the ground etc.  - I guess what I just said will make me most popular with the "elite"  concours, show car, posh posh crowd.

• Like 6

AJ:

Thanks for posting these in real time, taking us along so we can at least vicariously enjoy the experience.  The Cadillac Sixteen Murphy really would benefit from a monochromatic paint scheme and black-walls.  Misterl et al already imparted imposing size and presence to the Sixteen, no need to gild the lily

Steve

• Like 4