Haulin' Buicks

MrEarl

On 8/5/2020 at 9:29 PM, Morgan Wright said:

Ingenious but how do you get out of the car?

You remove the rear seat back before you get into the car. Then after you drive it into the trailer you climb into the back seat and exit out the trunk. You just need an assistant you can trust to open the trunk. 🤪

• Haha 3

On 8/9/2020 at 8:58 AM, MrEarl said:

the rest of the story, it’s a gas.... ser 🙄😁

4305E22A-F5D9-4AEE-98F2-1398C59DE76E.thumb.jpeg.8de9d33b5d0d6a540435215e0bb826b0.jpeg

I saw a Buick gasser at a show last summer (remember them???) where the exhaust was routed out through the portholes.  I thought I took a video of it running, but can't find it.  He actually did a few other modifications to the car that I think he did just to be ridiculous.  He was having fun, that's what mattered there.

On 8/13/2020 at 7:38 PM, NC-car-guy said:

So the moment I pull up to meet the transporter we suddenly have more rain than last week's hurricane....I'm soaked, I'm sure the front seat of the car got wet...just an awful day. Yes I did grab my tags.

20200813_185805_HDR.jpg

20200813_192128.jpg

20200813_192548_HDR.jpg

20200813_193234_HDR.jpg

20200813_193340_HDR.jpg

Any news as to her arrival condition?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, billbuickgs said:

This is a 55 Special model 48 , real  55 model 68's were police cars only

Interesting, I thought so and, to an extent still do.  About 1985, I passed up a chance to buy a four holer with stick transmission, no horn ring, grey interior and original grey exterior paint.  The trim tag indicated it was a model 48, which I did not want.  The entire front clip would have to been replaced or the extra ventiport inserted in both fenders.  Close inspection did not indicate either.  The final decision would have been the engine displacement.  I did not pursue that.  I still wonder if it was a tag error in the factory and sold as a 48.

As a novice at that time, I did not know the details or even to check the VIN.

Edited by Caballero2 (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Caballero2 said:

Interesting, I thought so and, to an extent still do.  About 1985, I passed up a chance to buy a four holer with stick transmission, no horn ring, grey interior and original grey exterior paint.  The trim tag indicated it was a model 48, which I did not want.  The entire front clip would have to been replaced or the extra ventiport inserted in both fenders.  Close inspection did not indicate either.  The final decision would have been the engine displacement.  I did not pursue that.  I still wonder if it was a tag error in the factory and sold as a 48.

As a novice at that time, I did not know the details or even to check the VIN.

I'm not sure if the CHIPS cars had a 68 on the body plate under the hood or if it carried the

48 on the plate . The chips car had the Special cheap interior , 4 hole front fenders  , century side

name plates ( the holes in the body match the Special ) and not sure if they had the Century name

between the speedo and the gauge cluster . I think Roadmaster brakes ( wider drums ) were added.

Not sure about the rear ratio  , Special had 3.60 Dynaflow and 3.90 stick , not sure what was standard

on the Century .

The 322 4 barrel is what gave the car outstanding take off with the switch-pitch tranny .

It would seem the the stick cars would be real tire burners .

Bill

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, MrEarl said:

Any news as to her arrival condition?

Arrived just fine this past Tuesday. New owner seems quite pleased.  Now just waiting for NC to send me the rest of the papers so I can forward on to him.

But I've only liked 3 maybe 4. So when does your day start, mine started at 7:30. And maybe you could give me fair warning like "Caution, you only have one more like available today, do you really want to use it on this"     Fine i'll just eat up more whatever space with this. Stupidest damn rule I ever saw!!!!! 1992551346_Screenshot_2020-09-12HaulinBuicks.thumb.png.f7b03e02d0629f19804ec977aa984646.png

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MrEarl said:

But I've only liked 3 maybe 4. So when does your day start, mine started at 7:30. And maybe you could give me fair warning like "Caution, you only have one more like available today, do you really want to use it on this"     Fine i'll just eat up more whatever space with this. Stupidest damn rule I ever saw!!!!! 1992551346_Screenshot_2020-09-12HaulinBuicks.thumb.png.f7b03e02d0629f19804ec977aa984646.png

Mr. Earl, is that called capricious compliance?