What was in the shed?

There was probably a like new Dodge Omni in the shed so there was no room for this.  I actually looked at the website photos and it's hard to tell if the shed was big enough or even had a garage door to put the Chrysler in.  From the photos,  boy one is buying just a vin tag,  a garbage can full of trim pieces and an engine core. 

I notice he is holding back the vin info.  so it won't get out when the rebodied car comes on the market that this is where the vin came from. 

• Like 1

I get a kick out of these paranoid sellers that jump the potential buyer about smart remarks about the car.

I wouldn't buy from someone that warns his potential buyers that he has an attitude.

As mentioned, he is paranoid about the vin as well.

THE CAR IS A ROUGH CORE FOR A REBODY OR CONVERSION. FRAME AND BODY ARE RUSTED . ,BUT THE TIRES HOLD AIR AND IT STEERS.  I DONT NEED ANY SMART COMMENTS ABOUT HOW ROUGH IT IS. 

Someone should send him a smart remark as a question, and post his response here.

If the price is open for negotiation, it isn't

far off.

That car in #1 cond is $183,000

In #3 condition it is @124,000

I have a friend that has one for sale that is an unfinished amateur restoration that needs a lot of work for $25,000

Well judging from the spring shackle shot taken from the top side of the car and nothing at all above the rear spring,  I would have to say the frame may be a little weak?  Just a guess though. 

So is this a car that actually isn't solid?  Seems every rusty car out there is rusty but solid. 

Pete has good buyer feedback - http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller&userid=petesclassiccars&iid=232311254407&de=off&items=25&interval=0&searchInterval=30&mPg=8&keyword=232311254407&page=3

Great seller. Easy to deal with! HUDSON HORNET CONVERTIBLE (#231061709104)    US $18,495.00

awesome guy to deal with ---- hope to again !!!!  AUBURN AUBURN SPEEDSTER (#231148503545)    US $24,100.00

Peter is amazing to work with, very understanding and professional! PEERLESS CUSTOM 8 (#231300707562)    US $19,500.00

excellent seller! Easy 2 communicate with! Item delivered as described! A+++ Indian : 440- 4 CYLINDER (#230982020139)    US $34,000.00

Chrysler cars never had any resale value. From 1960 to 1967 the only one I remember on the Grandfather's lot was a '58 DeSoto. And I remember that from backing it into its spot using the dash mounted rear view mirror looking through the tunnel of the tailfins. We never wanted a Chrysler product and  used they were the cheap stuff. Every Sunday paper for decades had a cheap, price buster MoPar display ad.

In 1966 I paid $600 at the town Buick dealer for a ;60 Invicta and I remember an Imperial Southhampton sitting on the lot for about the same money.

Around the same time I bought a really clean '59 Dodge convertible at the city police auction, well under $50, maybe about $20, that had been vandalized by slicing the top and interior. The junkyard had a '58 or '59 Chrysler convertible with a good top. I removed it and put it on the Dodge to find the contours were different.

The point is, at ten years old those cars were junkyard stuff. No one really wanted them. I didn't keep the Dodge and it got parted.

Actually, around that time I had a Packard Caribbean given to me when I inquired if it was for sale.

At the time Chevies had used car value and a few other GM cars. The rest of the cars were cheap and pretty much unwanted.

And 2 4's, in 1973 and 1974 guys had those manifolds stacked like cord wood. Owners would give you the 24 manifold when you put a 2 barrel on. I bet that car was parked about 1968.

Bernie

Yeah XW we get what your intention was with the posting,

but $25k for a "rare" car that has NO FRAME or METAL left anywhere ??? That's criminal no matter how rare the car is or how talented someone is. Even if someone has deep pockets,, who the hell's going to throw $25k down for this pile of rot when ever piece of metal needs replaced from concrete to upper quarters...? Besides the frame and every other metal piece of support/structure, 80% of the body will need replaced, then will it be the 1 of 484 ? NO, after looking at this one we know there is only 483 left at best, this one doesn't even count except for the vin and some tags and the shameful past it lived outside. Sure some chrome is worth saving and a few other parts.. but overall, very few salvageable parts are even left on the shell that will not have to have a complete resto and when you add it up, well, that's debatable now isn't it folks if the new owner will even break even....

As I said, nothing surprises me anymore in this day and age though... I'm sure there's a barnum brother out there that has nothing better to do than burn the dough and may consider it a challenge to take on a project like this but there is no way in hell he will make any REAL profit on this one... there's just to much work to be done. Even if after completion it comes in as a 1 - the disclosure of "unoriginality" alone will kill it imo... If he/she bought it just to keep and say he has one, then for  the love of it more power to him/her..

$25k is laughable... which is why he stated the "don't bug me" comment in the description... he knows it's true and he knew he would hear it from others who see through this kind of BS. To me that doesn't speak of integrity at all, just the opposite.

Mopars do hold there own, but this one..? This one is not in that category at all...

EDIT:
It is a shame to see this great vehicle rot like this but it's even more insulting when a seller shows a lack of common sense and insults the audience of people who love these old cars and still be considered a "credible" seller. It's disturbing that good folks buy into it...especially when the evidence is so obvious...

I don't blame anyone for loving this car, but this seller has no credibility in my view.

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)
  • Like 1

It's common for people to list like this just to get exposure and sell outside of eBay. Like using an unreachable reserve. They they may get contacts after it ends. See, this seller put his phone right there in the ad.

CONTACT- PETER KRELL 469-569-0827

s-l1600.jpg

Driver's door sill needs some love too.

Edited by mike6024 (see edit history)

22 hours ago, 60FlatTop said:

It appeared the thought was, what they left outside THEN and what was left inside the shed then.

Bernie

I have seen convertibles of many manufacturers left out in the weather until the top was gone, and the rest of the car was useless junk. It has nothing to do with the resale value and everything to do with the owner being a moron.