I have 63-66 Wood Wheel Repop Hornbars

buickbonehead

I just got a run of hornbars back from the plater. I have about 12 left. The price is $260+7 shipping to the lower 48. I will ship overseas but buyer will need to pay actual shipping. My plater went up $10 a unit on me so the next run will reflect that increase.

If you need one or know someone who needs one let them know. Some buyers only use their OEM bars for shows and use the repop for everyday use. Send me an email and I'll send some pics and details. rickr@notaxcnr.com. Or you can do a search on this forum and find pictures and comments.

Rick

Hi Ric,

Since last year I'm still interested... was just waiting on your feedback about the repop horn cap, are they also available? If not, I would like to reserve a hornbar an take the horn caps as soon you can provide them. Is that possible? Do you need a pre payment to be sure? This is no problem for me...

I'm looking foreward to hear from you! ???

Eric

Guest Modfozz
On 4/17/2017 at 4:36 PM, buickbonehead said:

I just got a run of hornbars back from the plater. I have about 12 left. The price is $260+7 shipping to the lower 48. I will ship overseas but buyer will need to pay actual shipping. My plater went up $10 a unit on me so the next run will reflect that increase.

If you need one or know someone who needs one let them know. Some buyers only use their OEM bars for shows and use the repop for everyday use. Send me an email and I'll send some pics and details. rickr@notaxcnr.com. Or you can do a search on this forum and find pictures and comments.

Rick

I would like one of these horn bars if you have any available still. Please let me know. 

• 5 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Generally the horn caps are presently unobtainable in the wild, but it

was reported in one of the tabloids that the Loch Ness monster was photographed with

one of those horn caps along with a wheel hub clinched in his teeth.....I haven't seen the photo

so not sure if this is true or not.

• Haha 3

On 6/2/2022 at 2:14 AM, Seafoam65 said:

Generally the horn caps are presently unobtainable in the wild, but it

was reported in one of the tabloids that the Loch Ness monster was photographed with

one of those horn caps along with a wheel hub clinched in his teeth.....I haven't seen the photo

so not sure if this is true or not.

Believe it or not, I went to Scotland, Loch Ness, hired a boat and after 3 nights of waiting, I finally met the monster... With some gold dust I was able to tame it. So he dropped the cap and I was able to drive home happy and put it on my 65. 😁😇

IMG_1206.JPG

IMG_1175.JPG

IMG_1180.JPG

Monosnap.jpg

Edited by Schmiddy (see edit history)
  • Like 7
  • Haha 3

On 6/4/2022 at 4:01 PM, Jim Milewski said:

Good morning Schmiddy - Jim from the other side of the pond - it looks like you also have a astro blue 65 Riv - I do to !IMG_1147.JPG.6de4a9693128892010fa22c8c3f79762.JPG

Hi Jim

I love your car very much! Astro Blue is one of my fav color! And with these wheels… Looks damn good!!!

My 65 is Midnight blue with light blue interior (wich I restored completely).

9D9C0D84-73C8-4211-8F7C-3CD23AD3007B.jpeg

82502422-650B-4338-9C09-A8258785EB54.jpeg

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/3/2022 at 7:30 AM, Schmiddy said:

Believe it or not, I went to Scotland, Loch Ness, hired a boat and after 3 nights of waiting, I finally met the monster... With some gold dust I was able to tame it. So he dropped the cap and I was able to drive home happy and put it on my 65. 😁😇

IMG_1206.JPG

IMG_1175.JPG

IMG_1180.JPG

Monosnap.jpg

Here is one.

FB1262D5-8B85-4C22-8C40-CD2260D655D3.jpeg

C897CB54-20A6-45CB-93A8-F391B0CEE821.jpeg

Just thought i  would mention this,----when i owned my  65 Riviera--- it had the stock  steering wheel--

but i had  alot of  chances to purchase  the wood examples,---as it was from about  1992 to 2002

while lived in California   ,   when plenty  were available, i never purchased one  as i looked  after my original.

But if you still own a stock  65 steering  wheel,   really look after it , as time goes on  it will become  very hard   to find an original,

heat , sun, moisture, will  all  take its toll on it.---- ten years from now a stock one  in perfect condition  will be very expensive. 

012.JPG

8 hours ago, 65VerdeGS said:

Hello Turbinator Bob!

Where did you get your wood wheel horn cap?  Looks to be a new reproduction?  Did you make this yourself?  Is it something you offer for sale?

Thank you for your inquiry. I plan to snag a few like those in picture. The one in picture has been sold to a gent in Nevada. Trying to get a straight answer from the guy that is making these little devils is real hard. I’ll get back to you FIRST when I get the next one. Again, thank you for your interest.

Turbinator

7 hours ago, Wayne R said:

one  in perfect condition  will be very expensive. 

Wayne, I believe you are correct. The guys that value the wood steering wheel are aging. After “ we”

are gone who knows the value?! I have a red 63 with red interior and I’m delighted with my red steering wheel.

When it comes to personal taste there is no argument.

Turbinator

• Like 1

Pat, absolutely. It boils down to what you like. I’m convinced that is why there are so many different flavor ice creams.

What I love about the 63 Riviera is it takes me back to my boyhood days in Los Angeles 63-67. Wow! Talk about some show cars people drove around!

Those cool car owners were serious about their motor vehicle. Thanks for chiming in.

Turbinator

• Like 1

On 6/5/2022 at 1:41 PM, PaulMuzz said:

Nice!  The thicker white walls look great.

I think the wider white side walls look just fine on the Riv. Personally, I like 1” wide white walls. It has been my personal style every since I bought white walls.

3 hours ago, Turbinator said:

I think the wider white side walls look just fine on the Riv. Personally, I like 1” wide white walls. It has been my personal style every since I bought white walls.

Bill Mitchell saw fit to install wide whitewalls on Silver Arrow I.  I wouldn’t have wanted to argue with Bill……..

2 hours ago, Pat Curran said:

Bill Mitchell saw fit to install wide whitewalls on Silver Arrow I.  I wouldn’t have wanted to argue with Bill……..

Pay, since I’m paying for The Whole deal I’ll put on pencil thin white walls.

Actually, I was surprised to see Bill Mitchell had wire spoke wheels with two bar knock offs on the Silver Arrow. The spinners  appeared to be smaller than the two bar 63/64 turbine  spinners. Additionally, I have  a tower offset extending the fake spinner out 2.5”.away from the center cap. Actually I think my creation looks more like it belongs on the Riviera then Bill Mitchell’s hook up on the Silver Arrow.

Thank you for your observation.

Turbinator

4086390A-0F84-409A-982C-C342AB141793.jpeg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Turbinator said:

Pat, absolutely. It boils down to what you like. I’m convinced that is why there are so many different flavor ice creams.

What I love about the 63 Riviera is it takes me back to my boyhood days in Los Angeles 63-67. Wow! Talk about some show cars people drove around!

Those cool car owners were serious about their motor vehicle. Thanks for chiming in.

Turbinator

I havent felt the wood one but I do like the color matching steering wheel. Mine has several cracks and it must have shrunk as the metal rings on each side have a lot of play. I’ve seen in the forum that you can buy a kit to patch it up and then repaint it. It’s definitely on my list. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Turbinator said:

Pay, since I’m paying for The Whole deal I’ll put on pencil thin white walls.

Actually, I was surprised to see Bill Mitchell had wire spoke wheels with two bar knock offs on the Silver Arrow. The spinners  appeared to be smaller than the two bar 63/64 turbine  spinners. Additionally, I have  a tower offset extending the fake spinner out 2.5”.away from the center cap. Actually I think my creation looks more like it belongs on the Riviera then Bill Mitchell’s hook up on the Silver Arrow.

Thank you for your observation.

Turbinator

4086390A-0F84-409A-982C-C342AB141793.jpeg

Actually Bob, I think the wide whites on Silver Arrow I look awful.  They certainly aren't period correct for 1963 so maybe Bill Mitchell was looking for a retro look.  Can't say I like the cone shaped wheel covers on it either.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Pat Curran said:

Can't say I like the cone shaped wheel covers on it either.

I was just thinking the same thing as I flipped through the new Riview I received yesterday...  ;)

• Like 1

On 7/5/2022 at 3:13 AM, Turbinator said:

Thank you for your inquiry. I plan to snag a few like those in picture. The one in picture has been sold to a gent in Nevada. Trying to get a straight answer from the guy that is making these little devils is real hard. I’ll get back to you FIRST when I get the next one. Again, thank you for your interest.

Turbinator

Thanks Bob for supporting our hobby with reproduction parts!  Let us know when you have new items such as this available.  Cheers, Alex

32 minutes ago, 71GS said:

Agreed, I’m partial to the first version.

I love the subtle chop and those mirrors.

06B9A699-2CDF-4388-8FDE-317FB6307FA0.jpeg

Part of what adds to the look of the chopped top is the 3” extension of the front fenders.  There are so many subtle changes in the Silver Arrows that until you see it in person, you cannot see them all in pictures.  Anyone notice that the hood does not close over the grill? It’s “pancaked” within the fenders and a valance that runs along the core support; that valance ties the front of the front fenders together.  Compare the distance between the end of the front bumper to the wheel opening. Those mirrors are actually functional because there is not a vent window channel blocking your view.

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)
  • Like 2

I too have one of the repro horn bars, they are great.  The original factory ones were flimsy.  The GS wheel sure makes the interior look better.  I still have the original plaque "Riviera built expressly for G A Hussey".  (my Dad of course, I was 12 when we went down to the Buick dealer in West Hartford Connecticut to take delivery. One of the most exciting days in my life.  Looking at the lineup of what must have been 20 brand new 64 Rivs, I exclaimed:  "Dad. we are getting one of these?  With power windows???"

IMG_3358.jpg

• Like 1

21 hours ago, 65VerdeGS said:

Thanks Bob for supporting our hobby with reproduction parts!  Let us know when you have new items such as this available.  Cheers, Alex

Alex, I have your contact info. The next horn cap I hope to get will be offered to you first. Thank you for your interest.

Turbinator

8 hours ago, dr914 said:

I too have one of the repro horn bars, they are great.  The original factory ones were flimsy.  The GS wheel sure makes the interior look better.  I still have the original plaque "Riviera built expressly for G A Hussey".  (my Dad of course, I was 12 when we went down to the Buick dealer in West Hartford Connecticut to take delivery. One of the most exciting days in my life.  Looking at the lineup of what must have been 20 brand new 64 Rivs, I exclaimed:  "Dad. we are getting one of these?  With power windows???"

IMG_3358.jpg

The interior of this car being factory is sharp as sharp can be.

turbinator