First Born

MrEarl

Caught some words in one of Ben's posts recently that made me wonder if he is doing OK. PM'd him and come to find out that the rascal had had heart bypass surgery A MONTH AGO. He said it's no secret but that he didn't let us know because just doesn't like to whine. Well if it's no secret then I'm a tellin. And folks, we're family here, we care. If you need a hand or someone to lean on..... let someone know.

DSCN1171_zps85a9da0c.jpg

Ben stopped by to see me on his way up from Florida picking up this sweet estate wagon a year or tow ago. Anybody want to see what is under the hood?

DSCN1170_zps52369b48.jpg

Here's hoping you're recovering well Ben!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_6vuSLlDCo

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

Thanks for letting us know Lamar.

Had an email from Ben back on April 17 AND HE DIDN'T say a word about it. Mentioned he had moved to Texas so his Lady could be close to her daughter.

Ben is one of natures gentleman. Spent a great day with him in Springfield last year when we were on our road trip and caught up with him again at South Bend. Ben lived for a time in Australia back in the 70's and kept us entertained with some of his recollections, particularly about bikini clad girls!!

Keep well Ben, maybe we can catch up again in 2016 - the next trip with the boys will be flying into Dallas and driving up through those Southern and Eastern states we missed last time to attend the 2016 National Meet.

post-31244-14314252999_thumb.jpg

Guys, thanks a lot for the well wishes.

I had started having some discomfort about April 1st or so. Like a fool, I ignored it until a scheduled cardiologist visit on the 18th. He moved fast. Did a stress test and did not like what he saw. Scheduled me for a cath on the 23rd. They REALLY disliked the view. The coronary artery was 95% plugged.!! An hour and a half later , the surgeon split my rib cage open. The rest is history.

I am recovering well. And thanks again for your concern.

Ben

Glad to hear your making a comeback from the modification surgery Ben. Sorry I wasn't more curious when it seemed you were missing from these pages. Sending good thoughts your way, and hope you make a full recovery soon.

Guest wildcat62

Ben, glad to hear you are recovering well. Take it easy and look forward to seeing you and getting to chat with you again soon!

Ben,

Glad to learn of your positive results and your ongoing recovery...

best advice? stick with the best rehabilitation program, and be sure to continue, even when you think you might not need to !!!

I'm about half-way through the useful life of my 4th pacemaker

We can keep our old Buicks on the road, sometimes with replacement parts,

and the same can hold true for those of us who also need to stay on the road as well.

Guest wildcat465

Good to hear you are doing great, Ben.

Looking forward to spending some quality time with you again!

Here's to a speedy recovery. :cool: And to more good times driving the old Buicks to the beach to watch the girls in bikini's. :P... :). (Sounds like a Girls on Buicks photo opportunity.) :cool: Dandy Dave!

Ben, Get well soon! Just to let you know a couple things:

1. You still owe me the story about Mt. Rushmore.

2. I apparently was a 50 Buick lover from the get go!

post-65800-143142535314_thumb.png

Keep up the positive attitude!

Ben, Get well soon! Just to let you know a couple things:

1. You still owe me the story about Mt. Rushmore.

2. I apparently was a 50 Buick lover from the get go!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]250024[/ATTACH]

LOL.

I am improving in leaps and bounds. Walked one and a half mile this morning. Thanks to all of you.

Nice 1950 Mod 51! Kid will do, too:p.

Ah, yes. Mt Rushmore! My wife and I were passing by after loading somewhere in central ND. Headed for NM. We were younger then, I probably about 45 or so. Thought I could still whip the world. Any way, we did not find the entrance the tour buses take. So we had bought a mile walk. In the trailer, from the shipment we had loaded earlier were several old beater bicycles. So we decided to use same. Then we settled on one ":built for two". After about 1/4 mile the grade became too steep to ride, so I pushed it the rest of the way. AT LEAST we can ride it back down!! After an enjoyable couple hours looking at the incredible monument, we started down the hill. I am having to pedal my butt of down hill!! What is wrong. Soon came to realize, my woman is riding the brakes. This was a single speed, so had coaster brakes. Ever see a bicycle hub turn BLUE. Probably after being red!!

Ben

Guest 4 bufords
Get well soon, Ben. Best wishes.

Dan

ben,wishing you speedy recovery and hope to see you at another meet,4 bufords from ct