Winter Buicks

JohnD1956

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

He must live in Kansas. Weather changes hourly.  He left for work with the sun shining and it was 70.  He just picked up the kids from grandma’s house. Knowing the weather, she keeps hats, coats, and gloves for the little ones.

• Haha 1

We are only a week away from winter here in the southern hemisphere (June to August). For better or worse, no snow here. Closest real snow is over 2000 miles away, all we get is rain and lots of it! Hit some fairly heavy rain on the way home on the weekend and sheltered for a little while in a service station.

Kalgoorlie 2021 103.JPG

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, avgwarhawk said:

FB_IMG_1637062201835.jpg

This is a fascinating picture. Of note is the person with no winter coat, in fact short sleeved, and there is the 12ft deep snow drift, and the completely dry road. Also lack of a continuous center line in the road with the car parked in the oncoming lane of traffic. This must be a mountain peak which was important enough to use a snow blower on several times as the black lines in the snow drift face show multiple snow events, yet it is void of any substantial traffic.  Not many clues as to the location but it is quite thought provoking as to how these folks found themselves there. Thanks for posting this one Chris.

• Like 1

Just now, JohnD1956 said:

This is a fascinating picture. Of note is the person with no winter coat, in fact short sleeved, and there is the 12ft deep snow drift, and the completely dry road. Also lack of a continuous center line in the road with the car parked in the oncoming lane of traffic. This must be a mountain peak which was important enough to use a snow blower on several times as the black lines in the snow drift face show multiple snow events, yet it is void of any substantial traffic.  Not many clues as to the location but it is quite thought provoking as to how these folks found themselves there. Thanks for posting this one Chris.

I believe this was taken in CO.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Tis the season... as you all know I drive my cars everywhere. I rarely see other old cars on the road so imagine my surprise sitting at the stop light outside the Christmas tree Lot and a 59 Imperial pulls up next to me. Made my buick special look small. 🤣

20211205_201547.jpg

Edited by NC-car-guy (see edit history)
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 12/11/2021 at 10:42 PM, Elpad said:

00C55DF0-F966-4A4E-A819-A11C7DEB9312.jpeg

Is that Kalispell, Montana?

I'm having trouble reading the location above the sign for the Post Office.

... and bet it was a hoot, guiding the Jaguar XK-120/140 through that snow ?

The Buick would have been my choice for that day, Heater, and Defroster, as well as wipers !

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Posted a this few weeks back in Have you driven your Buick 

Snowed last week of December unusual at my place in Eugene. I had made plans to move the RM from our barn to the house. I was on the public roads for about a thousand feet then up to the house. 
Heater and defrost also power seat still need repair & a few small items then it should be on the road. I am looking for the power seat track now.

l try to not leave anything in our barn over the winter, the local wildlife might want to move in.

Steve

EC35BA7A-0498-430F-B34F-B4D413FFA059.jpeg.df7ea290f6ed66262ed13f019b1e8af1.jpeg1CFD99D0-EDEB-4EE6-998F-06EF35923871.jpeg.76b97e81805b3777a5cf18d516c26801.jpegAF037150-D56F-40A8-9D1B-9E42B6479B27.jpeg.3788d3b72643e4cba46fd7e3b7bc3396.jpeg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...