Show us your Creepers

MrEarl

Yup. Mine has been taken over by the wifie's "winter car" which has not turned over a mile in the last 4 winters.post-70733-143142270528_thumb.jpg Plus I have to park my work car underneath so she can park her "summer car" behind me.

Ain't love grand........

Mike in Colorado

Getting back to Lamar's original intent, here's a picture of mine - it was actually my dad's. It's made by the Whiteside Mfg. company in Ohio. I took a picture of it to show here and got curious so I called Whiteside, still making creepers, and described it to them. They asked for a picture so I sent it to them. That has opened a can of worms. Now they want it for display at their company headquarters. They're willing to trade me a brand new creeper seat for this one. Am I sentimentally attached to this one enough to keep it, or do I go with the new one knowing that Dad's will live on forever?

I was talking with the owner and told him why I called. He followed my leads and opened up this forum. When he saw Lamar's in the first post, he said "That's one of ours too; we built them for Sears." So, Lamar, your creeper was built by Whiteside as well.

post-50017-143142272965_thumb.jpg

Here's what he's willing to trade for it.

http://www.whitesidemfg.com/nwproducts/hras.html

What would you do?

Guest mstanleyfl

If it were me I would keep it. You never know how much longer these people will be in business and if they close up or are sold what will happen to your Dad's creeper. It actually still looks quite useable.

Cool creepers. We never had one at home cause the driveway was gravel. When I got my first house I bought one but the wheels broke after a few uses. Now my sons have bought me two decent ones but I still use the cardboard slabs.

Guest my3buicks

I have one that was my Granddad's, I will have to get a pic of it next time I am at Mom & Dad's. I also have a gravel drive, when I am under the cars in the drive I use a heavy gauge clear large desk chair mat, it is one without the carpet grippers so it slides easily on the gravel and I slide easily on it. Also use a yoga mat when kneeling doing stuff.

post-47067-143142273776_thumb.jpgWell, this started with a classic, so I'm going to post the opposite extreme... brand new and still in the box. My shop is still under construction and this is the first I'll have with a decent floor, so a new creeper was high on my list. As for RivNut's predicament, unless you have a child that values that creeper as much as you do, I'd will it to them. I suppose that's another variation of them prying it out of your cold dead hands but at least it goes somewhere it's appreciated.

Guest Kingoftheroad

I just throw a rug on the ground where I'm working. I have a creeper but never really use it, seems to make a job harder while fixing something while I'm on wheels.. IMO

Guest shadetree77
I just throw a rug on the ground where I'm working. I have a creeper but never really use it, seems to make a job harder while fixing something while I'm on wheels.. IMO

Agreed. My Dad thinks I'm nuts because I don't use a creeper. He swears by it. I will admit that the head rest helps when it comes to holding up your head for a long time. But I always end up getting mad and tossing the creeper out from under the car. It just seems like it makes it harder to get to tight spots. Matter of fact, last time I used one I managed to roll over the skin on the area between my elbow and underarm. Holy crap was I pi$$ed. Let's just say it's a good thing that creeper is made of hard plastic because I gave it a good toss!

Agreed. My Dad thinks I'm nuts because I don't use a creeper. He swears by it. I will admit that the head rest helps when it comes to holding up your head for a long time. But I always end up getting mad and tossing the creeper out from under the car. It just seems like it makes it harder to get to tight spots. Matter of fact, last time I used one I managed to roll over the skin on the area between my elbow and underarm. Holy crap was I pi$$ed. Let's just say it's a good thing that creeper is made of hard plastic because I gave it a good toss!

Yes Sir. And if it is not Speedo season, all those baggy clothes and long flannel shirts get caught under the wheels. Dandy Dave!

There's a good reason for heating the garage; red Speedo's all year long. I'll see if I can get a pic this afternoon.

That picture should go over like the one I took of the '53 Buick wheel covers I took for Ebay.

So old, so innocent.

Bernie

There's a good reason for heating the garage; red Speedo's all year long. I'll see if I can get a pic this afternoon.

That picture should go over like the one I took of the '53 Buick wheel covers I took for Ebay.

So old, so innocent.

Bernie

Ahh Heck Burnie, get your Santa hat and boots out to go with the red speedo. The chickens will just flock to the hen coop and you'll get nearly smothered with all the love. ;) Dandy Dave!