I JUST LOVE THE PICTURE OF THIS BUICK...........

7 hours ago, kgreen said:

Good eyes John, is that also another below the sign stating Buick Special only $2452?  The photo is just so full of "stuff" my lazy eyes passed over the details.

Thanks for the arrows.  Hard to spot otherwise.  This photo had to be taken with a high power telephoto lens, as evidenced by the compression (essentially the phenomenon of background elements appearing larger than they actually are – hence the scene becomes “distorted” since those background elements appear closer and larger than they are in real life.).

12 hours ago, kgreen said:

Good eyes John, is that also another below the sign stating Buick Special only $2452?  The photo is just so full of "stuff" my lazy eyes passed over the details.

The one below the sign is a 62 Chevy and next to the Chevy may be  a 61 Cadillac. 

• Like 1

On 8/21/2018 at 6:35 AM, kgreen said:

And that was probably a new car price, when hamburgers were 15 cents and and gas was 26.9/gal. How long has it been since you`ve seen a phone booth?

4 hours ago, Ben Bruce aka First Born said:

Yep, and I could just about buy two gallon for an hours wages then.:D

Ben

And that was full service! You could "Fill-er-up" for about $3 bucks.. I remember my older brother would buy gas 25 cents at a time.. And remember when those Freight liners were everywhere. Also don`t forget the Tareyton cigarettes with the charcoal filter, "I`d rather fight than switch".

Edited by pont35cpe (see edit history)
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, dei said:

60 years old and still running!

IMG_3604.thumb.JPG.67b4af310b3a47dda1f2c20e4ff85f2e.JPG

Damn, if I had only thought it through, I should have gotten my car a Social Security number, and then maybe it could have begun collecting early benefits now!  ;)

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, JohnD1956 said:

Damn, if I had only thought it through, I should have gotten my car a Social Security number, and then maybe it could have begun collecting early benefits now!  ;)

Darn car is holding up better than I am at that the same age!

• Haha 2

On 8/25/2018 at 10:12 PM, EmTee said:

The wax really woke-up that red paint --looks wet!  ;)

It is nice paste wax for sure but I think the evening light sometimes changes the look of the paint depth.

In bright sunny days it will look pale and under florescent lights it looks just awful!

Still... Not too bad (if not too close up - haha) for paint that was done before I bought it in 1972...

868291647_58Special-Dayofpurchase@KenMcKenzies1972.thumb.jpg.66ede32dd0ea8bae0dc185a9260e8d0b.jpg

Edited by dei (see edit history)
  • Like 1

image.png.528072ce067460b963d43fd95364e148.png

Didja hear about the old Buick owner out in the woods with the young model?

She leaned against the car, gave him a wink, and said "I'm game."

Yeah, yeah, you know, but I gotta write it-  He shot her.

Bernie

• Haha 2