I JUST LOVE THE PICTURE OF THIS BUICK...........

We had a professional photographer along for our recent thousand mile cruise to my old hometown in Eastern Oregon, and here are some of my favorite Buick images from the weekend:

1) and 2):  My '59 Electra

3):  John Courter's '56 Century at the Eltrym Theater (Eltrym = Myrtle spelled backwards.  Mytrle was the first owner's wife's name.)

4):  Roger Bourml's '64 Riviera near the Old Oregon Trail, on his return trip from the BCA Nationals in Denver

5):  Chuck & Karla Russell's '53 Special and John Courter's '56 Century at the Baker Garage -- 105-yr. old Buick dealership

maria.jpg

maria-2.jpg

maria-3.jpg

maria-4.jpg

maria-5.jpg

• Like 11

12 minutes ago, old-tank said:
  On 7/17/2018 at 10:54 AM, Elpad said:

BACD0F4B-F678-4A29-A7EF-E25876A52538.jpeg

liking that fence eh @old-tank

Never noticed the fence or car...just that fine hound dog.

yep, all three greats... if there was a girl sittin on the fender of that fitty two, I don't think I could stand it.

or is that a fitty one?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/22/2018 at 2:00 PM, 91vert said:

37500396_1775469129215824_84691760760299

a carry over from a few years earlier perhaps.

From the net:

When Morrison heard that the other members of The Doors had sold the rights for “Light My Fire” to Buick for $50,000 he freaked out arguing that selling the song to a commercial was selling out the principles of The Doors, a rock band that combined poetry, theatre, and music intended to have their audience ‘Break on Through.’

“I’m gonna smash a f***ing Buick to dust on the stage….It’s gonna be a part of my new act. ‘Smash a Buick to Smithereens.’ We’ll see how they like that.” Morrison also threatened a lawsuit. When word got back to Buick they quietly decided to go a different direction with their ad, toward an older audience and not the younger rock ‘n’ roll audience. The Buick deal was undone.

It was from this point on that Morrison considered the other members of the group not as bandmates but as business partners.

• Like 1

Found this car at a project site we were working on, out in the wild and down in Panama City, FL.  It has been repainted but looks great; no wavy door panels or areas where filler might have been poorly sanded.  Interior is red and looks great as well.  Now, I'm not well versed on the new Buicks from the 60's but I think this is a 67.  Badging says Skylark.

IMG_5608.JPG

IMG_5609.JPG

• Like 3

Florida authenticated license plate must be the year of the car. The 8th number digit represents Volusia County where Daytona Beach is at. The W designation means a car over 3,500 pounds. Panama City is in Bay County and the designated number is 23. Of course these were back on the day. Fl is now 3 number and 3 letter digits and I believe always been a one plate only state

Edited by Elpad (see edit history)
  • Like 1