I JUST LOVE THE PICTURE OF THIS BUICK...........

59 minutes ago, Elpad said:

That’s what I thought, the 70’s remark was about the time the picture was taken!

The picture looks like a 70's era photo but what is the guy in the red shirt on the left holding to his ear?  That's a pose that I'd expect to see today with a cell phone in hand.

Edited by kgreen (see edit history)

2 hours ago, kgreen said:

The picture looks like a 70's era photo but what is the guy in the red shirt on the left holding to his ear?  That's a pose that I'd expect to see today with a cell phone in hand.

Long hairs and peace sign spells late 60’s early 70’s, reminds me of my Hippie days. That guy might be combing his hair or he is part of a Quatum Leap

Edited by Elpad (see edit history)

3 hours ago, kgreen said:

Probably scratching lice.

• Haha 2

It took me two months, but I've finally gotten all the way through this thread and caught up to the present.  I just wanted to post a thank you to everyone who has contributed!  What a great collection of Buick photos.  May it continue to flourish!

Pic #1 has to be circa 1938 and was taken at the Arrow Brook Golf Club:

Arrow Brook Club Becomes NYC' s Summer Cit y Hall T H K old Arrow Brook Country Club will house New York City'a city hall this summer, according to a recent announcement by city officials. Negotiations for purchase of the property have been going on for several months, and was decided on because of its proximity to the grounds for the New York World's Fair next year. The building, a three-story wood and stucco structure built nine years ago, stands on a rim of a bluff with a view of the entire fair grounds and Cedar Grove cemetery. An 18-hole golf course adjoining the building will later be graded and added to the World'H Fair parking space. The grounds and golf course occupy 100 acres in area, with a 3,600-foot frontage on the fair grounds. The Mayor's office and a room for the Board of Estimate meetings will be located on the second floor, and the ground floor, which is now chiefly a large locker-room, will be set up as a reserve police precinct.

http://archive.lib.msu.edu/tic/golfd/article/1938jun40.pdf

==>  I have been advised the pictured Buick in Photo #1 is a 1940.  That being so,  the photo  cannot be circa 1938.  Duh! 

Edited by D Yaros
Add info (see edit history)

That's the parking garage at the old Dynaflow design studio. They were coming out of work one day and a guy stopped and said "Let's put reverse way down at the bottom of the quadrant so it is the last option to shift into." The rest looked up and said "Good idea."

Bernie

• Haha 2