I JUST LOVE THE PICTURE OF THIS BUICK...........

On December 30, 2016 at 7:33 PM, Larry Schramm said:

Was working at the shop today and got a couple of pictures hung on the wall   Here is the result of the "Family Buick Album" with everyone in the family on the truck over time including Joyce and I with our grandson Clay in the lower left picture.

Store Pictures.jpg

Cool Larry. This would fit well in the Garage and Memorabilia forum too. :) Then we could talk about that Neato sign too. 

My Lionel trains and my life just got great this Christmas. 

My grandson who is turning 2 in a couple of months has discovered the fun of the trains. 

The minute he walks into the house he runs for the room with the trains and shouts choo-choo.  Brings back my childhood memories of running my trains. 

Grand children are GREAT.

20160820_175828.jpg

• Like 6

My grandson, who is now 12, was fascinated by trains when he was a tyke. We go down the road and watch them up close and he'd love to watch for them to pass along the creek way behind us.  I got all excited because model trains were a big part of my life as a kid. I bought a ton of HO stuff just waiting to enjoy model railroading. Turns out he just wanted to "play trains." Creating a layout was the last thing he wanted to do.  Best of luck to you and your grandson.  

Ed

PS - Anyone want to buy a lot of HO train stuff.  Some of it is NIB. ☺

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Larry Schramm said:

My Lionel trains and my life just got great this Christmas.

My grandson who is turning 2 in a couple of months has discovered the fun of the trains.

The minute he walks into the house he runs for the room with the trains and shouts choo-choo.  Brings back my childhood memories of running my trains.

Grand children are GREAT.

20160820_175828.jpg

Looks like you have the "RED" phone.

Are the rumours true that it is a direct link to the president ?

Nice set up and nice to see the little one so interested.

Looks like he has the bandana ready to rob the mail car.

Cal.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrEarl said:

What's with the toy truck?

image.jpeg 

My grandfather installed seat belts in my Buick back in the day - they're original Boeing seat belts and when you pull the flap up, it has the old 50s or 60s B on it. When I have people in the car, such as giving people rides home after work or even getting a bite with a bud during lunch break at school, I'm often asked why I don't wear it. The truth is, you're going to die no matter what happens in any type of collision in one of these old cars unless it's from the passenger side or rear. In any case, lap belts won't help you from hitting the steering wheel or side window. Just an unfortunate realization compared to modern safety requirements: airbags, over the shoulder restraints, crumple zones. Drive carefully! We probably have more to worry about other idiots on the road than ourselves anyways.

That's what we call a dusting. Interesting that now I know what shut down head office in John's Creek, GA (I forget if they shut down early or closed altogether on Friday). Not that people up here are necessarily better about winter driving, but we do have to get used to it. 

Some nice artistic shots MrEarl. 

• Like 2