I JUST LOVE THE PICTURE OF THIS BUICK...........

4 hours ago, dei said:

As the expression goes, "You either Love 'em or you Hate 'em" which can apply to many cars but in this case, I am with you! 

Is it one of those two cars parked to the right of that locomotive...?   :huh:

• Like 2

On 23/10/2016 at 1:27 PM, MrEarl said:

Pictures or it ain't so. ;):)

Before I post a response to this Mr. Earl regarding the dual quads, 

Let me wish everyone a Best of the Holidays to All!

Now,

Here is all I have picture wise showing the dual carbs on my friend's Riv.

Look at that HUGE air cleaner with the two snorkel air intakes.

DSCN1331 - copy.jpg

And since I just received this tonight, watch and you will see the car with the breather off.

If you have patience and watch it all there are a couple of interesting cars (besides Buick's) but a few Buick's that are really nice. (Lot's of street rods - I know - but shows a bit of the local flavour)

Enjoy. :)

Edited by dei (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Advise your friend that the positive post on the battery should be on the radiator side.  Ask a couple of us who've had the positive post where it is shown in this picture what happens when the hood brace makes contact with the positive post.   The factory sent cars out with the cable lying across the battery from the positive post.  In a service letter, it was advised to run the positive cable between the battery and the hold down bolt to keep it from rubbing against anything, especially the ground wire, and to make sure that that positive cable was clipped to the inner fender with the clip that came as part of the inner fender.  The service bulletin was sent out because of the cable rubbing against the large bell of the four note horn - as this car is also equipped.  So far so good it appears, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

Ed