Buicks and Beer...

1957buickjim

This is the new thread from a carry-over on Buick5563's thread on Buicks and naming beer types and styles. We have had some interesting ideas out there on what type of beer you could make and name it after a Buick nameplate. So this is your chance to play...Name that Beer!:D

Just plain ol Buickweiser long neck will do for me. I know, I got no class a'tall....

I would ask that Wildcat 455 not be considered for something with as low of an alchohol content as beer, as that is what I call my special brew that I buy in Mason jars. :)

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

Y'all have forgotten about using "Special" or "Custom" to add a degree of exclusivity to other names, just as they did for the upgrades from the "base model" of vehicle in the 1940s+???

For example . . . "Reatta Custom Red" "Reatta Red Special Lager"

Other possibilities might be . . .

"Wildcat Special Lager"

"Century Special" (for the "high performance" drink that gets you there FAST-- Where's "there"?? Depends upon if it came from Stoneberg's Straight 8 Brewery!)

"Grand National Special Brew"

"Grand National Custom Brew" (for the brewpubs)

"Enclave Custom Lager" That multi-purpose brew you share with friends

"A & W Special" For the Buick drivers of the future . . . before "Type II" might be an issue

"Skylark Special Formula" For those who need the "carefree . . . as a lark" feeling, at least for a little while . . . May your birds fly for a long time!

"Schooner's Bow Special Luxury Lager" (didn't want to use "boat tail", so used the opposite end of the ship)

Just some thoughts . . .

NTX5467

Wow..so many beers, so little time :D These are great ideas! Lets see which ones make it to Danvers this year..maybe a unique award for the Buick Nation Ale? I like that one e-Special-ly, though the Mr. Earl Wildcatt 455 is quite tempting..a really Hi Po beer! Keep 'em coming team! I might have to team up with Stonebergs Straight 8 Brewery to keep the Buick Nation's thirst quenched..:)

Per 38Buick 80C post, here are the candidate names thus far from the Buick5563 Thread:

Special Stout, a Roadmaster Red, a National Ale

Limited Lager, Invicta Ale, Electra 225 Calorie (opposite of MGD 64)

Nailhead

Super Stout Century Cream Ale. Buick Bock. Buick Bitter (don't like that name as much). Buick Brown. LeSabre Lambic (Belgian). Regal Red. Electra Eisbock. Invicta India Pale. GS Golden. PAIPA - Park Avenue India Pale Ale. Wildcat Weissbier.

Dynaflow Doppelbock

BCA Brew...Buick Cream Ale!

As well as the current suggestions...Keep the imagination breeding.

Nice coasters...Was that something they tried to have as an offshoot? Kind of like Stroh's Ice Cream?

I like the Dynaflow Drool, I think it should definitely be a red ale that leaks from the bottle, even when the cap is supposed to be on tightly :D

That's right Bill! Buick's do need to mark their spot! No offense to your Buick, Ben! Just that my tranny bleeds about a pint a month, and this is after a rebuild, so I have the proverbial Dynaflow Drooler in my driveway!...:D

As "cherished" as DynaFlows and Harleys are in regard to their "leaking hearts", remember that that oil will eventually end up in the water you drink and the grass the neighborhood pets "use" (unless you water it from a rain barrell as 5563 does or have a xeriscape). It's also highly likely that the EPA could impose sanctions for "hazardous material expulsion" upon the owners of said vehicles . . . Buicks, Harleys, or otherwise. Sometimes, it seems that a DynaFlow that donates its life-blood to the environment is a Badge of Honor, of sorts, for its owner . . . not unlike broken engines can be for small block Chevy racers ("It's got too much power and it just comes apart!").

Pardon my humor, but it seems that in this modern day and age, there ought to be someway (considering the improved gaskets, sealers, and seals now available, in other than NOS selections) to keep the under-parts (and real estate under them) of DynaFlow-equipped Buicks dry from oil drips. As long as it doesn't hit the ground, that's fine, too. Might this be Buick's message . . . "DRIVE ME, or I'll drip on your clean garage floor or parking spot!!"??

Just some thoughts,

NTX5467

NTX, I appreciate your concerns on that. I know that we are just joshing on the drooling Dynaflows, but it is a serious concern. I do use products from New Pig under the car to soak up any drooling.

I am going to get under the car when I get it back from storage and figure out how and where it is leaking and use some of those new super products to close those off. Be on the look out for a new thread on Leaking Dynaflows - coming to your computer soon :D

As for the Dynaflow Drool Adult Beverage, perhaps they could come with their own coozy made of an absorbent product that will soak up 12 oz of leakage without breaking down :)

Thanks for your thoughts, they are always welcome!