What car brought you home from the hospital when you were born?

OldsDoug

Guest Harold Phillips

I and my twin brother came home in a 29 Studebaker President in 1950, my father would buy clean but old cheap cars. Fourty some odd years later we had a ride in the same model and it sounded so familiar it gave us goose bumps. I would ove to find one again

Guest 4 bufords

i came home in a 42 pontiac 4 door sedan,too long ago to remember the color and the pictures of it are in black and white.nobody left in the family to ask.4 bufords from ct

It was either a '59 Ford F-100 or the almost new '63 Mercury Comet S-22 coupe my parents had at the time. My best bet would be on the S-22 since it was the newer of the two. I've never really asked my parents so this is only an assumption.

Shortly after getting married my dad parked the '34 Chevy I am working on behind his father in law's equipment shed. He and my mom then moved away to Sorel (near Montreal) where he went to work in the same shipyards where he had worked during the war. So at the time he was car-less. If someone gave them a ride it was his cousin in this 1950 Plymouth, otherwise it was a cab.

post-59904-143138626276_thumb.jpg

Guest Barry B.

My dads 30 Hudson rumble seat coupe. I hope I wasn't in the rumble seat. it was mid December 1935.

1929 Ford Special coupe

1930 Ford std. roadster

1956 VW beetle

• 2 weeks later...
Guest David_Temple

Brought home in a Pagoda Green 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 two-door hardtop with a 390 4-bbl., auto trans, A/C, radio, remote mirror, wheel covers, white wall tires, and fender skirts (and maybe a tinted windshield) Dad was the first and third owner so i remember it from the latter. The car is pictured in my book, "Full-Size Fords: 1955-1970." I got a still from a home movie converted to DVD.

David Temple

• 5 months later...

My Mom told my Dad when she found out she was pregnant that if he wanted to have a Corvette, he'd better get one soon! I came home from Sparrow hospital in Lansing, Michigan in a 1961 Corvette.

Gar

• 1 year later...
Guest Lincoln54Capri

I asked my dad that question a couple of years ago and he said he'd think about it and let me know. He passed away last April so I guess I'll never know. RIP, Pop.... :( :( :(

Highland Park Hospital in Highland Park Mi. Feb 28 1952. Came home in a 1949 Ford Conv. Ca bumpers and all. The movie (Grand Torino) was done in the area of our house in Highland Park Mi. Brought my son home, April 25, 1988 Redford township Mi. in a 67 Chev Caprice 4 door 427/ 385 HP. Loaded to the gill with 20.000 miles. We pulled the engine to put it in a 3 window 33 PLY.:confused:

Guest Lincoln54Capri
Feb 28 1952.

I was born on March 14, 1952 in Waukegan, IL so I'm two weeks younger than you. Bob Costas was also born in March of 1952 but does he look almost 61 to you? Remember April of 1964 when you were 12? Ford introduced a new car called the Mustang and four long haired guys from England called The Beatles appeared on the Ed Sullivan Show for the first time. Those were the good old days.... :)

Guest buick*1

came home in a 1960 Chevrolet Impala,dark gray/silver top,gray interior. The following week Dad traded in for a new 1961 Buick Electra "Riviera",white with blue interior,fully loaded with pw,pw seat,AIR CONDITION,am radio,trunk release,and kleenex tissue holder! She was a beauty! He kept that til 1964,and bought a beautiful Electra 225.