All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. About 2 months. I got this one, and a couple others from an antique dealer friend of mine. I have two others: 1941 Chevy, and a New Plymouth December 1931.
  3. I took it to a shop the other day and they say it isn't original. They showed me a few very small leaks but I let them know it doesn't over heat or leak on the floor. They said I shouldn't worry about then and put it back in. I was just wondering what a new one would cost so I did a little research and prices are all over the place from $200 to $1000. A few people say when they received the radiator it didn't fit. So I was wondering if anyone has purchased one lately.
  4. Thank you for the nice comment Neil... I try to do things right the first, in lieu of having to redo them. Wm.
  5. I know someone in my area with a very similar Electra 225. Same colors and condition. He drives the heck out of it in the summer and loves it!
  6. i think Marquette is also the same body as 31 buick............i have one here and do not see any difference in the doors and rear body section....the windshield pillars are different but the visor is the same
  7. Agree 100%. Would not have necessarily cost a fortune to get this car back on the road. I would have done nothing to it cosmetically. Of course these things are always a wildcard in terms of what will actually be needed to get it operational.
  8. Hello everyone. My father is searching for a full-size 1960 Dodge Matador or Polara two door hardtop. These cars don't grow on trees, I know. But he has been looking for one for a good long while now. He is not looking for a Dart, but the big Matador or Polara. Thanks for any assistance!
  9. Your fabricating and welding skills seem to be excellent. What is the possibility if adding what you need to the front of the replacement fender?
  10. Twin6 is correct. The car is a 1910 Knox 7 passenger Model "R" 40 HP touring car, priced at $3250.00.
  11. This is the Hirsch brown and tan striped Bedford Cord I'm looking for. it has a definite weave pattern and texture.
  12. Painters had it. Thanks for all the help.
  13. He's referring to the reveal panel, where you might find a monogram or caning.
  14. Today
  15. I don’t think wanting to customize your car is a new thing. The big difference now, vs. “back in the day..”, is that you were able to get a modified car directly from the dealer. Are the new modifieds really all that different from a Shelby Mustang, Yanko Camaro, Hurst/Olds or AAR ‘Cuda? Even a the buyer of a 1973 Catilina could custom order to their taste.
  16. A.J.: I think that is the best we can hope for, some degree of preservation, an interior restoration to make it livable. Were this an open body style, someone might take on a full restoration. How I knew this wasn't a Model 56 was one of those was handled by a local auction house a few years ago, oddly enough at the same time I had seen a Whippet Model 93A. It was clear W-O was mixing and matching chassis and engines to broaden their model selection. Steve
  17. I am surprised there are no Fuego's in the show......crazy fast lil turbo 2 door Renault......or a " LE Car" I had one for a short time .....3 bolt wheels.....open the hood and there was a spare tire sitting on top of the engine.....was quite roomie......and a roll back full canvas roof center
  18. Good catch Fossil. Most likely the right front fender and maybe the hood have been repainted. Accident? Anyway whatever the case it looks to be in pretty good shape now, although no pictures of the engine compartment. Merits a careful perusal in person before making an offer. Lew Bachman 1957 Thunderbird
  19. 14084119 is the GM part number shown for 1986 -1991 (including Riviera) but no seal is shown for the 1992-93 Riviera. Found a Timken cross reference to their part number.... 5698
  20. Well what's the score Eric? You have me on the edge of my seat. I'm vetting the starting and charging circuits on my '56 Super and found your thread useful. Don't think my '56 has the vacuum switch on the carb like your '55 thou.
  21. Yes, the 17. It would have had the 5-mph bumpers that ruined the look of many import cars at that time. Craig
  22. Pretty certain it is actually a Morris 8. Notice flat-sided fenders, less significant louvres. (They do look almost exactly alike though!)
  23. Interesting !.......car styles i have never seen before.......the white 2 door Renault Sport with windshield sticker .....a girl i knew bought one new in Canada....about 1978 ?.......had slightly different bumpers and grille maybe
  24. Clearly, the interior has to be done. I think you have to hope the rest of the car cleans up and it runs without major mechanical work. Full restoration is out of the question.
  1. Load more activity