1929 CLASSIC CARS Lincoln Model L Roadster Classic - $69,500 (Fullerton) - posted last year for $79,500. - For sale since 2021, maybe longer.

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/d/fullerton-1929-classic-cars-lincoln/7732279069.html

Only 7 of its kind. Possibly the last one
95% Original
Fully Restored 15 Years Ago
I have owned this car for over 24 years
V-8 Original Engine
Manual Transmission
White Wall Tires (2 Side Mounted Tires)
Rear Trunk, Rumble Seat
Side Compartment for Golf Clubs
Has been driven less than 100 miles since the restoration
Extra Features Included (Ask for more info)
Registered in California

Possible Trade

For more information
Please Call: (562) 879-2031

00A0A_4msgK6fm5Twz_0ak07K_1200x900.jpg

A comment from 2021 when it was for sale (same owner):

edinmass

• Other Clubs: CCCA-HCCA-Pierce Arrow Society-ACD Club & Museum- too many others to list.

Gentlemen, chrome yellow with a red or raspberry interior is a correct color combo that was popular for roadsters and convertible coupes in 28 & 29. An established FACTORY color for Packard........yes, it’s in the chips, and also done on Rolls Royce P1.............it’s a bit bright for my taste, but is better than the tan/brown/orange we see so often. 5k to sort the car........not a chance, figure 25k. Nice car....current market price considering condition and color? Who knows.........I kind of like it.

I always wonder about cars that are for sale for years. Obviously, it's a wrong price, but do they actually want to sell? Doesn't seem so. 

If that's the case, why bother? 

• Like 2

At least the price is moving in the right direction, but a barely driven 15 year old restoration done in Mexico is likely to need quite a bit of work and deferred maintenance to get it back on the road.   if you are okay with the color, at least it’s a roadster so possibly worth the time, money, and effort.  

• Like 1

Even the front axle and shock absorbers are painted school bus yellow - ouch. But the Eclipse is due here in the north east soon so there are a lot of cheap glasses around that you can wear to watch the eclipse and also look at this car afterwards. Tan, brown and orange are not my favorite even though I own a car in those colors but T & B & O are a lot easier on the eyes. I like model L Lincolns, used to drive the phaeton that Austin Clark had fairly often. ( his car was black)

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

9 hours ago, classiclines said:

Wonder why it has been driven less than 100 miles since it was fully restored 15 years ago?!

A restorer that would paint the undercarriage of a valuable car in its body color, like a tractor, might not do great mechanical work, either. My guess it hasn’t been driven much because it doesn’t run well, if at all.

11 minutes ago, suchan said:

A restorer that would paint the undercarriage of a valuable car in its body color, like a tractor, might not do great mechanical work, either. My guess it hasn’t been driven much because it doesn’t run well, if at all.

I was told by a very knowledgeable 34 Lincoln KA-KB collector that all 34 Lincoln chassis’ were painted body color.  I never asked about Lincoln L models.  What was the norm; did the Lincoln K practice originate from the original Lincoln L practice?

• Thanks 2

20 hours ago, Leif in Calif said:

I always wonder about cars that are for sale for years. Obviously, it's a wrong price, but do they actually want to sell? Doesn't seem so. 

If that's the case, why bother? 

Maybe looking for "the bigger fool"? Only need one sucker.

There is a piece of property for sale across the street from me.  It has been for sale for over 30 years (as long as we have lived here) ! Does he want to sell it? I guess so, but obviously not in a hurry!

Robert

This car is a mess. I commented about it before. The top is bogus. The bumpers front and back are home made. It needs a total restoration and many parts sourced. Having said that, it is a Locke roadster. I could not guess the actual value. I would not pay more than $25K, but I have better all original cars so I am biased.

When ever I scan down the for sale list, even though I should remember not to open this ad, I do and it hurts my eyes. Kind of like when I enter my shop and just then one of my employees will strike an arc with the welder. Since it seems like this car never sells and always comes back to our thread I think I will start wearing sunglasses 😎 

• Haha 1

• 5 months later...
On 4/3/2024 at 6:13 PM, theconvertibleguy said:

The paint job on this feels like a war crime.

I would agree that this color does no favors for the car. That said, this could be a factory color. I took a tour of the Nethercutt Museum about five years and the docent stated that many people are shocked at the colors of cars on display that would be considered "loud" I recall seeing a roadster from the 20's that belonged to Fatty Arbuckle (An Actor of that period). The car was a very bright blue and the docent said that it was a factory color. 

If that car is mechanically sound and is an all around good runner, I wouldnt let the colour stop me at all. Yellow is tough. I wonder if seen in person that its a bit more subdued than the pictures make it out to be. It may look great in person.

Chrome yellow was available from the regular color charts in 28-29 from American Rolls Royce and Packard. Personally I would never use it. Almost any color you could think of was available by 1929. Good taste not necessarily followed.