1929 Lincoln Roadster, not mine.

I want almost a hundred grand for my car, so I'll give you 3 crappy photos & 7 of it sitting in my garage because I'm too lazy to pull it outside to take decent photos. Either that or I can't start/drive it due to EXTREME lack of use over the last 15 years.

What will it cost to make it roadworthy, another $5K or so?

• Like 1

Jack Passey shared a story in his book about a young Bill Harrah having had a kind neighbor who let him borrow a yellow Lincoln roadster to take his date to the prom. I guess he sought out an exact duplicate to the car had it restored in yellow and gave it to the old guy as a surprise.    

• Like 2

Gentlemen, chrome yellow with a red or raspberry interior is a correct color combo that was popular for roadsters and convertible coupes in 28 & 29. An established FACTORY color for Packard........yes, it’s in the chips, and also done on Rolls Royce P1.............it’s a bit bright for my taste, but is better than the tan/brown/orange we see so often. 5k to sort the car........not a chance, figure 25k. Nice car....current market price considering condition and color? Who knows.........I kind of like it.

Here is an authentic Rolls restoration......and a first in class at Pebble............the car originally had a raspberry interior, now changed to yellow.

9C7C36A6-CBE1-47AB-B3CF-A8D89251F72A.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That yellow Rolls brings back memories of working until the wee hours with a very nice young lady on some stupid project about Fitzgerald's use of color symbolism in Gatsby. I made the best of it. I don't think we ever got any sleep, class was at 8:15 the next morning and I barely made it, paper in hand and smirk on my face.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, edinmass said:

Gentlemen, chrome yellow with a red or raspberry interior is a correct color combo that was popular for roadsters and convertible coupes in 28 & 29. An established FACTORY color for Packard........yes, it’s in the chips, and also done on Rolls Royce P1.............it’s a bit bright for my taste, but is better than the tan/brown/orange we see so often. 5k to sort the car........not a chance, figure 25k. Nice car....current market price considering condition and color? Who knows.........I kind of like it.

Here is an authentic Rolls restoration......and a first in class at Pebble............the car originally had a raspberry interior, now changed to yellow.

9C7C36A6-CBE1-47AB-B3CF-A8D89251F72A.png

Thanks for the education, I wonder how many chose that color. Very bright.

1 minute ago, roysboystoys said:

I can tell you.   One.

Yes that car looks good in Yellow.   But would be spectacular in any other less loud color.   The original B&W Murphy photo give you an idea.

RollsSpringfieldMurphy.jpg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, roysboystoys said:

Just like my personality.........yup, I’m at the bar. Ten days off, booze and cigar trip!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1