Day 1 Cybertruck (Dual Motor AWD, Full Self Driving) - $6,996 (Coeur d'Alene ID)

Before you ask for this post to be deleted, take a minute and read through the Craigslist ad. You've got to give the seller credit for creativity, at least.

I know this vehicle won't be an "antique" for another 26 years, (and many of us won't be around to see it). But this is the first time I have seen a car or truck for sale on the "Futures Market". I understand cyber truck "reservations" cost $100., so there is quite a mark-up for this "opportunity." Whether he has just changed his mind about waiting and taking delivery, or he anticipates problems in the future and wants out of his "investment" we'll probably never know. 

Delivery dates keep slipping. For the price of the reservation, you'll be saving 5 years or more!

Recently Tesla put restrictions on re-selling the truck, but they have now been lifted. Anyway, here's your chance 'if you choose to accept it'.

https://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/d/coeur-alene-day-cybertruck-dual-motor/7691336366.html

Want to jump in front of the five year wait list to be one of the first people in the world to own the Cybertruck? I can help.

I have an extremely early reservation (RN112X) for a Cybertruck loaded with Dual Motor AWD and Full Self Driving.

I will transfer Tesla account ownership to you so that you can configure the truck and buy it directly. We can also use escrow if you would rather purchase and ship the truck directly from me (for an additional fee) -- happy to work out the details.    $6996.  

email the seller:  .ed26c0a790fc32f5a9bc310e24e3a7c4@sale.craigslist.org

condition: new
cryptocurrency ok
cylinders: other

delivery available
drive: 4wd
fuel: electric
odometer: 1
paint color: silver
size: full-size
title status: clean
transmission: automatic
type: truck

image.png.b103a9f24c277e20e9937ea89f3edbcf.png

image.png.7ef30c0d569f67dafc91e5ba95f55e84.png

image.png

I could use a new work truck!

"restrictions on re-selling"  I get a kick out of this. Not that I am in the market for a new car, let alone a super car but I cannot imagine the ego boost (not eco  boost) to a buyer that 'isnt allowed to sell their new car to whom they want'. If Im spending 6 or 7 figures on a car I will do ^*&^*&^ well what I please with it. 

Edited by TAKerry (see edit history)
  • Like 4

My son had a pre production one out for real world test and evaluation looking for those “it only happens if I do this” problems.  He had to drive it 150 miles, usually starting in the evening so that it doesn’t get too much other driver attention.  Well, he said that part was impossible.  Everywhere he went people were staring to see it, cutting over in traffic and just doing dumb driving stunts to get close.  When he stopped at a fast food place the guy behind the counter asked if he and his car could get a picture with the truck.  Of course my son agreed.  I think it is a lot to ask too for people not to flip it for a fast profit.  Have you seen the crazy over MSRP prices for Ford Maverick trucks, even from the dealers?   At least Tesla is trying to control that somewhat.

I think it will be a future collectible, but the jury is still out on whether or not it will be the new Pontiac Aztek. 

The original Tesla roadster dipped into affordable territory when the model S came out years ago but is now at about 130% of original MSRP.  

Terry, sounds like your son has a fun job!

I still stand by that its ridiculous for a manufacturer to dictate what one can do with their vehicle once they buy it. Now, if a company says I will give you 30% off retail if you keep the car for 5 years thats one thing. IF someone buys it and wants to take a chance on flipping for a profit, then go for it. Wont make me want to buy it anymore. Its the people that 'just have to have it, RIGHT NOW' that are the suckers!!! The one thing I think is wrong is when a dealer sends a new car to auction for an inflated price. But thats for another day, LOL.

My son spends a lot of time on car related sites, you tube etc. When I told him about this thread first thing he said was scam. Said there are lots of scams out there selling spots in line for specialty vehicles. I would have to meet the person for a cup of coffee before I plunked any money down.

The problem with this tesla truck (and please pass this thought along to your son Terry) is that it looks like it will be marketed to the 'yuppie' that wants to drive around in a truck as a daily driver because its cool, or tough guy image or whatever you want to fill in the blank with. I wish the auto companies would manufacture a pickup truck aimed towards a working man. Something I can haul a load of sheet rock in the bed, pick up a pallet of brick or block, load up some ladders and scaffolding etc. Priced so a guy that makes a living with his hands can afford one.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TAKerry said:

The problem with this tesla truck (and please pass this thought along to your son Terry) is that it looks like it will be marketed to the 'yuppie' that wants to drive around in a truck as a daily driver because its cool, or tough guy image or whatever you want to fill in the blank with. I wish the auto companies would manufacture a pickup truck aimed towards a working man. Something I can haul a load of sheet rock in the bed, pick up a pallet of brick or block, load up some ladders and scaffolding etc. Priced so a guy that makes a living with his hands can afford one.

It is definitely a “look at me” design which is what the “boss” wanted.  I totally agree about the work truck, that’s what I always owned.  The downfall of those came when people wanted a truck that was more car featured than a truck and were willing to pay a premium for it.  Us real truck users were left behind.  
The Tesla truck has lots of innovative features just wrapped in an “unusual “ configuration.

I live within twenty miles of the Tesla plant in Fremont. I've seen a couple of those trucks on the road in the vicinity and saw another earlier out in Tracy.  A very ugly looking vehicle that resembles a dumpster, especially compared to a Rivian truck, which are pretty common in the Bay Area. I think this will be Elon's first turkey. A Ford Lightening EV is a much better looking and useful truck. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rivguy said:

I live within twenty miles of the Tesla plant in Fremont. I've seen a couple of those trucks on the road in the vicinity and saw another earlier out in Tracy.  A very ugly looking vehicle that resembles a dumpster, especially compared to a Rivian truck, which are pretty common in the Bay Area. I think this will be Elon's first turkey. A Ford Lightening EV is a much better looking and useful truck. 

I'm with you, Rivguy.  I saw one on the freeway last week, and yesterday I had my first chance to see one up close.  (See photo.)  These things are unbelievably ugly!  (And that's coming from a guy who likes the looks of a '34 Chrysler Airflow.)  I certainly may be proven wrong, but I just can't see these catching on.

Cybertruck.jpg.b1bddeac6c7a9b8e3bc4569de02a124a.jpg

Edited by neil morse (see edit history)
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

The stainless-steel body of Tesla's Cybertruck is reportedly leading to issues with gaps in between the panels

https://www.businessinsider.com/cybertruck-steel-body-panel-gaps-production-issue-report-2023-11?_gl=1*1l6io2z*_ga*MTIwNDg4MjY3My4xNzAxMTcyNzc5*_ga_E21CV80ZCZ*MTcwMTE3Mjc3OS4xLjEuMTcwMTE3MjgxOS4yMC4wLjA.

image.png.3c1011b78ddd7d0a9c40d7ffcc4e32f5.png

The Cybertruck's stainless-steel body has been difficult to work with, especially when it comes to the vehicle's fit and finish, The Wall Street Journal reported on Monday.

The stainless steel is difficult to shape into panels without gaps or alignment issues, the publication said, citing individuals who worked on the Cybertruck.

The Journal reported the stainless steel was made in "coils that resemble giant rolls of toilet paper," and as a result, the metal was prone to curving and attempting to resume its previous shape, even when it had been flattened.

Where is John Z. when you need him?

Before I retired, I worked on several projects for Tesla. They would move from prototype to full production in an incredibly short time, compared to mainstream producers. We always had a feeling that the public served as their beta testers.

Edited by Lee H (see edit history)

I like it as a vehicle. Not so much as a truck (reasons stated in previous posts). It could use a bit of refinement. Like the tesla cars when they first started hitting the streets, in my rural area it was 'HEY theres a new tesla!', these will draw attention for the first few months on the road then they will casually blend in along with all the other nonsense.

On 11/27/2023 at 5:36 PM, neil morse said:

I'm with you, Rivguy.  I saw one on the freeway last week, and yesterday I had my first chance to see one up close.  (See photo.)  These things are unbelievably ugly!  (And that's coming from a guy who likes the looks of a '34 Chrysler Airflow.)  I certainly may be proven wrong, but I just can't see these catching on.

Neil, I see you stopped and took a picture of it.  I think that’s exactly what Elon is looking to do with the truck, get the public to stop and look and remember who makes it.  

• Like 1

On 11/27/2023 at 5:36 PM, neil morse said:

That's the anti-Airflow.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, TerryB said:

Neil, I see you stopped and took a picture of it.  I think that’s exactly what Elon is looking to do with the truck, get the public to stop and look and remember who makes it.  

The "any publicity is good publicity" route.

I picture these things are going to be the Pontiac Aztek's of their generation. Expect the Aztek was useful

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, theconvertibleguy said:

The "any publicity is good publicity" route.

I picture these things are going to be the Pontiac Aztek's of their generation. Expect the Aztek was useful

When Arnold Schwarzenegger wanted to show he was tough, he bought one of the first Hummers, not a Toyota Corolla.  Same here, expect it to be in a lot of backdrops.

26 minutes ago, TerryB said:

Yeah, but I bet a lot of people took a picture of an Edsel the first time they saw one!  The public will certainly stop, look, and remember.  But will they buy?

• Like 1

Just now, neil morse said:

Yeah, but I bet a lot of people took a picture of an Edsel the first time they saw one!  The public will certainly stop, look, and remember.  But will they buy?

That’s always the great unknown in business.  After the first gotta haves are satisfied then the real test comes into play.

• Like 2

On 11/27/2023 at 4:06 PM, Rivguy said:

I live within twenty miles of the Tesla plant in Fremont. I've seen a couple of those trucks on the road in the vicinity and saw another earlier out in Tracy.  A very ugly looking vehicle that resembles a dumpster, 

HAHAHAHA!!!!! Thanks for the best laugh of the day!!!

I haven't seen one up close. To me, they look ungainly and impractical. I expect the dashboard must rival the GM "dustbuster" minivans for useless space. Do they have cameras/video screens to make up for the near-zero rear visibility? Body damage is gonna be fun! The panel gaps are consistent with the first Tesla cars. On all these counts, I could be all wet, but this is how I see it.

Elon Musk fearful Tesla is digging its own grave with Cybertruck

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/elon-musk-fearful-tesla-is-digging-its-own-grave-with-cybertruck/ar-AA1kGCzP?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=39e10a2c73bc4b6c99193b4da000ffa8&ei=62

• Tesla's controversial electric pickup truck is scheduled to launch next week, years after its initial unveiling in 2019
  • CEO Elon Musk has blamed production delays on the Cybertruck and said the company dug its own grave with the vehicle
  • Some industry experts say it would be cheaper for Tesla to scrap the car altogether 

I personally think it was brave of Tesla to make something different to the norm, most likely it was musk's ego that influenced the design. Most manufacturers are so conservative which moves style change at glacial speed, if the Cyber truck becomes successful or becomes an Airflow, time will tell. Ugliness is often appreciated with time.

Edited by maok
spelling (see edit history)
  • Like 1

On 11/29/2023 at 2:13 PM, maok said:

I personally think it was brave of Tesla to make something different to the norm, most likely it was musk's ego that influenced the design. Most manufacturers are so conservative which moves style change at glacial speed, if the Cyber truck becomes successful or becomes an Airflow, time will tell. Ugliness is often appreciated with time.

I'm no fan of Elon Musk, but I give him credit for going where no one else has gone -and with mostly his own money, stock holders, fans/supporters, and advertisers  be damned. He owns, founded or co-founded the Boring Company, Space X, Tesla, "X" (Twiter), Neutralink, Open AI, and maybe many more. He may be an egotistical S.O.B., but he gets things done and done his way. Not always on time, not always on budget, but despite critics and nay-sayers he's made a fantastic amount of money and, no doubt, will continue to do so with unique ideas and style.

The Cybertruck is a small fraction of what's going on in his head. and I'm amazed that he can keep so many irons in the fire without self-immolating. I can't begin to imagine what may be next. (For better or worse).

Edited by Twisted Shifter (see edit history)
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, maok said:

Yes, I agree. Has there been anyone in history who has had so many of his/her fingers in different pies?

Well, maybe. I'm not comparing, but how about Galileo?  Maybe even Henry Ford or Thomas Edison.

Galileo studied speed and velocity, gravity and free fall, the principle of relativity, inertia, projectile motion and also worked in applied science and technology, describing the properties of the pendulum and "hydrostatic balances". He invented the thermoscope and various military compasses, and used the telescope for scientific observations of celestial objects. With an improved telescope he built, he observed the stars of the Milky Way, the phases of Venus, the four largest satellites of Jupiter, Saturn's rings, lunar craters and sunspots. He also built an early microscope.

Galileo's championing of Copernican heliocentrism (Earth rotating daily and revolving around the Sun) was met with opposition from within the Catholic Church and from some astronomers. The matter was investigated by the Roman Inquisition in 1615, which concluded that heliocentrism was foolish, absurd, and heretical since it contradicted biblical creationism.[8][9][10]

Edited by Twisted Shifter (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

I have not studied Musk, have heard that he is an interesting person. No opinion either way at this point. As far as being inventive/adventurous I think with a lot of money any reasonably intelligent person could do the same. I have crazy ideas all of the time just no capitol to act upon, LOL. Edison, Ford and many more people have done the same.

Go watch the movie Total Recall from the 1990's and you will see where his inspiration comes from.  There was plenty of references to gull-wing doors, autonomous driving "Johnny Cab", going to Mars, Etc.  I just think he watched a lot of movies when he was younger and now has enough money (courtesy of the US incentives) to recreate these things.

He is not quite on par as Galileo...in my opinion...

image.png.0150223d73eba63536582739e1698fed.png

image.png.1a79efe8ede4dbb384de31b6d77e04f7.png

• Like 1

My take? What an ugly vehicle.  I like Elon but this creation has good potential to be a big flop.  Additionally those big heavy batteries are a disaster for the environment! 

Edited by deac (see edit history)